All-Star Dear Cheer Coach....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CheerBank

Cheer Parent
May 7, 2012
Dear Cheer Coach/Gym Owner,

I know you are very busy. I know you have things to do both cheer and non-cheer related. But when I send you an email and ask you cheer-related questions about the upcoming season, I would really appreciate a response. Even if it's to tell me that these things will be covered at an upcoming parent meeting.

Love,
Just a Cheer Mom (who pays your bills)

I find lack of communication between and owner/coach and a parent very frustrating, can't you tell?
Thanks for letting me vent.

Dear Cheer Coach/Gym Owner,

I know you are very busy. I know you have things to do both cheer and non-cheer related. But when I send you an email and ask you cheer-related questions about the upcoming season, I would really appreciate a response. Even if it's to tell me that these things will be covered at an upcoming parent meeting.

Love,
Just a Cheer Mom (who pays your bills)

I find lack of communication between and owner/coach and a parent very frustrating, can't you tell?
Thanks for letting me vent.
An extremely reasonable request...

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I respond to email within 24 hours (unless you send an email at 5pm on a Fri-then you're getting a response on Mon morning). However, I give others the 48 hour rule. If they don't reply within 48 hours I forward the email to them-just pull up the original, hit forward and resend it (with the forwarded header).

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Personally, I respond to email within 24 hours (unless you send an email at 5pm on a Fri-then you're getting a response on Mon morning). However, I give others the 48 hour rule. If they don't reply within 48 hours I forward the email to them-just pull up the original, hit forward and resend it (with the forwarded header).
I agree. I'm at the 48 hour mark right now so I figured I'd first vent/post it on here and THEN resend it.

MissBee i feel so like rude when i do that but oh my goodness sometimes its the only one that works

I thought that at first, but then I realized that it's not rude. Rude would be sending an email saying "what the h- is wrong with you, you're such a lazy slug that you can't even reply to my email". Forwarding it for a reply is simply being assertive, and getting what you want.....I always get what I want.

Although some owners/coaches may be busy its disrespectful to simply not respond back to a parent/athlete or fellow friend in the industry it also shows the amount of respect they have for you and that wouldn't feel good . If you are posting on facebook then you obviously have time to answer e-mails and that would be extremely aggravating . Even if the answer you're going to give them isn't the one they want to hear you should still answer them instead of seeming to be rude by not responding .

In our defense, if you send me a particularly snarky email about what an awful coach/person I am, question my character/intentions, or address me in a completely off-color or inappropriate way; then I reserve the right to take longer than 24-48 hours to reply. I might take 3-4 days to reply, so I can calm down and make sure to address you in a more respectful manner than you addressed me because, after all, you are a customer...you're welcome, by the way.

**I shouldn't complain anymore. I don't get these emails anymore because all the parent emails go directly to our program director, TwistersPride... What a saint.:D

I agree with JulieP! However, all general/non offensive emails should be answered promptly and even as a coach, I too would do what MissBee does.

Also, as a side note to parents, please make sure you weren't already given the information that your email is about (check calendar, website, emails).

I will add to this......

Dear Prospective New Gym:

I have spent considerable time exploring your website. If I contact you directly for more information, it's because I am truly interested. Please do not direct me to your website, I have already been there. Please at least have someone to talk to me on the day/time you tell me is convenient to visit. And please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT talk trash about another program in my presence, especially if you are an owner, coach, or anything of the sort.

In return, I promise to be a (semi) normal mom that respects your decisions on all things regarding cheer.

Sincerely,

RaRaMama

I will add to this......

Dear Prospective New Gym:

I have spent considerable time exploring your website. If I contact you directly for more information, it's because I am truly interested. Please do not direct me to your website, I have already been there. Please at least have someone to talk to me on the day/time you tell me is convenient to visit. And please, for the love of all that is holy, do NOT talk trash about another program in my presence, especially if you are an owner, coach, or anything of the sort.

In return, I promise to be a (semi) normal mom that respects your decisions on all things regarding cheer.

Sincerely,

RaRaMama
In all fairness to the gym owners out there, you have no idea how many e-mails we get that are information that is posted right our front pages, or by simply looking at our sites. I can many each and every day.... If you are asking to visit their facility or looking for more information you absolutely should be getting a better response. Hope you find a gym that can get you the answers you are looking for and can help you in the professional way things should be handled!

Although some owners/coaches may be busy its disrespectful to simply not respond back to a parent/athlete or fellow friend in the industry it also shows the amount of respect they have for you and that wouldn't feel good . If you are posting on facebook then you obviously have time to answer e-mails and that would be extremely aggravating . Even if the answer you're going to give them isn't the one they want to hear you should still answer them instead of seeming to be rude by not responding .
Sounds like a gym I used to be at! After 3 years I left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gyms seem to like parents who drop their kids off kiss their butts and say nothing!

In our defense, if you send me a particularly snarky email about what an awful coach/person I am, question my character/intentions, or address me in a completely off-color or inappropriate way; then I reserve the right to take longer than 24-48 hours to reply. I might take 3-4 days to reply, so I can calm down and make sure to address you in a more respectful manner than you addressed me because, after all, you are a customer...you're welcome, by the way.

**I shouldn't complain anymore. I don't get these emails anymore because all the parent emails go directly to our program director, TwistersPride... What a saint.:D
Agree totally! I know that I need time to calm down.

Back