All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I should've read all the way through, didn't know it was youth team. It that case it does suck. No way youth kids will be able to handle that. Can they not have a volunteer adult back there who has the experience to help them?

I should've read all the way through, didn't know it was youth team. It that case it does suck. No way youth kids will be able to handle that. Can they not have a volunteer adult back there who has the experience to help them?

Sorry, but where did you get this information?

I coach HS so all my kids are 14-17.

I still wouldn't want them going through warm ups without one of us.

I have a system to running warm ups that nervous kids can't execute/follow on their own.

I don't think so. The absolute oldest athlete on the team should be 14, right. I don't think middle schoolers should be allowed to warm themselves up. Most of the warmup area is dead floor, so there are safety concerns outside of the fact that a middle schoolers with some possible elementary age kids thrown in aren't mature enough to handle getting to warm ups, warming up on time ,and getting to the comp floor without an adult.
That would have cracked me up if they were actually youth lol.

A couch from another team that was at the comp with them this weekend told me. They did have adults back in warm ups with them, just not their coaches. Their tiny team and mini teams had level 5 girls on stage with them instead of their regular coaches.

If they're team is well=wounded and care about the sport, they won't need a coach back stage to tell them what to do. They'll already know. This is where Captains (if there is one) should be stepping up.

I'd like to see that work for their Tiny's and Mini's...bwahahahaha! Yeah right.

I'd like to see that work for their Tiny's and Mini's...bwahahahaha! Yeah right.
That would be the cutest (imagine a little ambitious 5 y/o "captain" throwing out orders? LOL, but so unlikely) and scariest thing to witness. Yikes.

Poor things would be terrified.

That would be the cutest (imagine a little ambitious 5 y/o "captain" throwing out orders? LOL, but so unlikely) and scariest thing to witness. Yikes.

Poor things would be terrified.

Oh I could totally see it, I have a feeling my daughter would be at the helm like, "We need to do this....oh look, older cheerleaders, let's go watch!" She'd be all over that.

I do have it on good authority that the fired coach has been replaced (the one with the weed and the hotel room) and I'd imagine whomever that is, is likely going to be the warm-up coach until that particular requirement is lifted.

A couch from another team that was at the comp with them this weekend told me. They did have adults back in warm ups with them, just not their coaches. Their tiny team and mini teams had level 5 girls on stage with them instead of their regular coaches.

I did see that at awards, I didn't realize why but I thought it was cute. (A senior girl herding the tinys.)

Back