All-Star Doral Coaches Meeting This Week

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So yesterday there was discussion of a tiered credentialing process that promotes coaches background checks (details coming). Also there was a lot of talk about what is demanded of athletes. So discussion of how to adjust scoring to promote longevity. Holes were poked into many suggestions, no simple solution but we are trying!
Thanks for updating us. Do you know if they were filming bits of what people talked about? I know last year it wasn't 'broadcast' exactly but they put up clips of discussions.

Still find it interesting that the agenda has 2 hours to discuss all the concerns of the coaches/gym owners and the EPs get 2 hours with the Executive Committee. I appreciate there are too many gym owners to give them all an audience with the Executive Committee, but for them to reserve 2 hours for the EPs amplifies the concern about where their priorities are.

That was 2 hours for twelve items on the agenda. You can take 10 of the most knowledgeable posters from the Fierce Board, dump them in a room together, and I bet they could go round and round about just one of the topics for at least an hour.

That was 2 hours for twelve items on the agenda. You can take 10 of the most knowledgeable posters from the Fierce Board, dump them in a room together, and I bet they could go round and round about just one of the topics for at least an hour.

Why don't they consider the Fierce Board in their Focus Groups.
We hash out many of problems / issues here.

Unless "focus group" is simply a scapegoat to pass the agenda.

Why don't they consider the Fierce Board in their Focus Groups.
We hash out many of problems / issues here.

Unless "focus group" is simply a scapegoat to pass the agenda.

Because we can never come up with a solution either ;) Same thing yojaehs said above, that ideas gets pitched, and lots of holes get poked in them. Everybody has their own ideas about how things should go. Even if it is subconcious, the ideas often lean towards what benefits them/their gym/situation at that time.

Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows!!

Because we can never come up with a solution either ;) Same thing yojaehs said above, that ideas gets pitched, and lots of holes get poked in them. Everybody has their own ideas about how things should go. Even if it is subconcious, the ideas often lean towards what benefits them/their gym/situation at that time.

Round and round we go, where we stop, nobody knows!!
False. There's a core group of intelligent posters on the Boards then can get things firmed up. We only get sidetracked by the stupid people that keep interjecting without knowing fully what they are talking about.

An uneducated poster, with an opinion is a huge waste if time. IMO

Any way this meeting can be somewhere that the greatest majority can afford? I know that no matter where it's held, there will be SOMEONE inconvenienced, but a resort location in Florida just a few weeks after several of the same coaches had to pay for Las Vegas seems a bit exorbitant. I understand you can watch online, but you might get better feedback and participation from industry professionals if these meetings were more accessible.

We talk about a lot of issues, but many of the conversations become one sided so the people that disagree bow out because they get tired of getting jumped on.
Not to be snarky...but Im just not sure what is being accomplished...who is listening...is there anyone there who actually has the POWER to change ANYTHING? Im sorry but I have a little crack in my faith...

Not to be snarky...but Im just not sure what is being accomplished...who is listening...is there anyone there who actually has the POWER to change ANYTHING? Im sorry but I have a little crack in my faith...
Yes, there are people there who have the power to make changes.

I was referring to Fierce Board, not Doral.

False. There's a core group of intelligent posters on the Boards then can get things firmed up. We only get sidetracked by the stupid people that keep interjecting without knowing fully what they are talking about.

An uneducated poster, with an opinion is a huge waste if time. IMO

If they would accept my Fierboard resume then I would handle their illegal athletes and release complaints for them, heck I would do it for FREE during my spare time. I like to think that I care enough about the topic that I could make intelligent decisions about it. Too bad they don't like what I had to say about one of those topics :mad: I just really hope that it is brought up by someone there, I would give them a huge hug and love them forever if they did.

If they would accept my Fierboard resume then I would handle their illegal athletes and release complaints for them, heck I would do it for FREE during my spare time. I like to think that I care enough about the topic that I could make intelligent decisions about it. Too bad they don't like what I had to say about one of those topics :mad: I just really hope that it is brought up by someone there, I would give them a huge hug and love them forever if they did.
I totally understand your frustration...I had a ton of it in the past...during that time when I couldn’t stop people around me (4 yrs ago) from doing crazy stuff...I used it as a tool to point out to my kids the way NOT to be...always a lesson in there somewhere...and NO...you should never give up trying to do whats right...I do not understand owners and coaches who support lying about ages....its mindless and cheating...period

Back