Enjoy Your Off Season Everyone

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Some of them are two days, some of them are two weeks. However long your break is, please enjoy it. Before you know it, Summer training is in full effect!
With my daughter graduating. It is so weird we can actually do whatever and whenever we want this summer!

I don't finish competing until july even longer if we get a european summit bid and as I am most likely going to a different gym next season and they start earlier I won't have an off season

I force my kids to take time off (although this year there were no complaints). They need it mentally and physically. They have been in the gym once since Worlds. Youngest CP plays high school lacrosse and is able to take a break from cheer but still stay in great shape. Oldest has way too much going on right now but once all of the graduation activities are over she will go about once a week to the gym to work stunt and tumbling to prep for college cheer. I just heard Rob Ninkovich (NE Patriots player) give an interview and he was asked how much time he took off after the Superbowl and he said he took a full month off where he did nothing. I wish there was a full month off with just optional open gyms - I think it would be a huge benefit, especially to the older kids who have been doing this for 7-10+ years!

The way we've structured summer for school cheer makes it such that they get about 3 weeks off between the end of school and the start of summer practices. Then they practice 3-4 days per week leading up to camp. After camp, I give them 4 days to recover before we are back to 3x per week which continues until the start of school.

During the 3 week break, we don't have practice, but they are expected to be learning cheers if they are new to the team. That way everyone knows most of them when we reconvene. However, since that doesn't take much time, it's a nice break for the girls. A group or two of them will meet up, help a rookie work on cheers or something, then go to the pool for the rest of the day.

I believe in breaks and I wish all star kids got them more often!

This year I don't really get an off season. I will of cheered from August last year to May next year. At my current gym our practice months are different from the others. It's the end of August to the start of June. At my new gym it's the start of June to May. I'm not complaining though I love to cheer! I hate the off season because I get so bored.

Back