OT Everything Hamilton!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nope. I refuse to agree with you. Walk away whenever you would like but after the election i am making a personal effort to engage more. Complacently, especially from someone with all of my privilege, is unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said what I wanted to just a whole lot nicer.

It's tacky, plain and simple no matter who they are doing it to. It wasn't the time or the place for that kind of statement, or the catcalls that went with it. If it had been the other candidate called out from the stage of a production for simply being there, you guys would be PISSED, talking about how inappropriate it was. Of course he understood what he was seeing and SUPPORTING, but he got attacked for going do. THAT Is ironic. Call him out for lack of support for minorities, he does something that flies in the face of that idea, and gets attacked for it. Way to encourage anyone to change their mind. A classless display is a really effective vehicle for change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesus. I don't really have anything to say to you because everyone else beat me to the punch. Like were you this upset when Joe Wilson heckled President Obama during a speech?

It's going to be a long four years. There's no point in going back and forth with you continuously. I liked your posts outside of politics but I can't. Continuing dialog with you is a hard no for me.

Best.

Anyway. At least I've been inspired to try to sit through Hamilton. Riding around listening to the soundtrack is probably gonna be a hard no for me as well tho.

Jesus. I don't really have anything to say to you because everyone else beat me to the punch. Like were you this upset when Joe Wilson heckled President Obama during a speech?

It's going to be a long four years. There's no point in going back and forth with you continuously. I liked your posts outside of politics but I can't. Continuing dialog with you is a hard no for me.

Best.

Anyway. At least I've been inspired to try to sit through Hamilton. Riding around listening to the soundtrack is probably gonna be a hard no for me as well tho.

No, I don't care for anyone being heckled and belittled. People should be able to disagree and still be civil to one another.

part of me wants to be irked that the cast called him out publicly, butttt mike pence has signed and delivered his fate by joining the trump campaign, and he may not be as vocal as trump but his views, opinions, etc are just as ridiculous, so i cant blamc a company who runs a very successful business to do as they please. If trump can run his mouth where ever and whenever he wants, then why cant everyone else.
but part of me feels kinda bad for the guy, he's never been very outlandish on twitter (i looked it up, he's pretty tame) so to be lumped into that group with trump is kinda unfair.

No, I don't care for anyone being heckled and belittled. People should be able to disagree and still be civil to one another.

Would mike pence invite the cast to the White House to hear their views? Would the cast feel safe attending knowing that he advocates for conversion therapy using electronic shock? They were civil. They could have said he is unfit to sit in our audience because the whole play is about how people like him whom advocate against immigration are short sighted and wrong. But instead they plead with him to have an open mind.

The story is about standing up for what you believe is right and social justice of the oppressed even in the face of certain death. Maybe he learned something. Maybe he didn't. But staying quiet to protect polite family diners and interactions with neighbors is what got us here. The actors in that cast are not safe in a trump/ pence America, and they didn't throw away their shot [emoji6]to get back on topic of Hamilton appreciation

The thing I find the most alarming, besides the fact that the president-elect is STILL tweeting about it and being petty, is that he has an issue with people exercising their first amendment rights. Above all else, this is the scariest part about him to me, specifically. Not that this is the first time he's tweeted things like this, but he has been president-elect for almost two weeks now and he continues to speak out about things that that are in direct contrast to the foundation of this country and people's rights.

Even though Hamilton was a dude who did stuff that could be highly criticized, it was not at this level. He fought against a lot of things trump stands for. So it's day 2 of this overreaction and I still stand with the Hamilton company because this man is utterly ridiculous and positively inadequate to be in the position he was elected to. As americans, it was within their first amendment rights to say that. Plain and simple. Trump can have an issue with it but for the president-elect to keep saying they should apologize for what they said infringes upon their first amendment rights.

Breaking News: Mike Pence Talks HAMILTON 'Great, Great Show' and Was He Offended?

Just wanted to point out this little blurb from this article:

Pence said that "First off - my daughter and I and her cousins really enjoyed the show. HAMILTON is just an incredible production and incredibly talented people. It was a real joy to be there. When we arrived we heard a few boos and we heard some cheers. I nudged my kids and reminded them that that's what freedom sounds like."

Once more for the people in the back, Pence.

Last edited:
Breaking News: Mike Pence Talks HAMILTON 'Great, Great Show' and Was He Offended?

Just wanted to point out this little blurb from this article:

Pence said that "First off - my daughter and I and her cousins really enjoyed the show. HAMILTON is just an incredible production and incredibly talented people. It was a real joy to be there. When we arrived we heard a few boos and we heard some cheers. I nudged my kids and reminded them that that's what freedom sounds like."

Once more for the people in the back, Pence.

Fundamentally I probably disagree with Pence in every way possible but he was right

I cannot help but feel like Trump and Pence won't get along because I feel like they have two different tactics when it comes to things like decorum

Like it's weird the Trump was on twitter whining but Pence put out a calm, rational and relatively thoughtful statement.

I don't see them giving each other friendship bracelets is what I'm saying [emoji6]

Anyone catch Trump's latest tweet?

He needs to grow the flip up and focus on this country. If he had any hope of changing people's opinion of him, this is not going to do it.
10455866_10153880876086682_7892631673906550516_n.jpg

The thing I find the most alarming, besides the fact that the president-elect is STILL tweeting about it and being petty, is that he has an issue with people exercising their first amendment rights. Above all else, this is the scariest part about him to me, specifically. Not that this is the first time he's tweeted things like this, but he has been president-elect for almost two weeks now and he continues to speak out about things that that are in direct contrast to the foundation of this country and people's rights.

Even though Hamilton was a dude who did stuff that could be highly criticized, it was not at this level. He fought against a lot of things trump stands for. So it's day 2 of this overreaction and I still stand with the Hamilton company because this man is utterly ridiculous and positively inadequate to be in the position he was elected to. As americans, it was within their first amendment rights to say that. Plain and simple. Trump can have an issue with it but for the president-elect to keep saying they should apologize for what they said infringes upon their first amendment rights.

I agree. And it appears Saturday Night Live is his next target.

Fundamentally I probably disagree with Pence in every way possible but he was right

I cannot help but feel like Trump and Pence won't get along because I feel like they have two different tactics when it comes to things like decorum

Like it's weird the Trump was on twitter whining but Pence put out a calm, rational and relatively thoughtful statement.

I don't see them giving each other friendship bracelets is what I'm saying [emoji6]

This. On a fundamental level, I doubt you'd find much I'd agree with Pence on but he does seem to have a sense of what the Constitution says; at least for the straight, white people, but that is more than I can say for Trump. If Pence was a homophobic, misogynist I'd have more hope in this administration than I currently have.

And frankly, anyone who continues to try and stick up for Trump after this embarrassing show of immaturity is going to be met with nothing but eye rolls from me.

Latest posts

Back