All-Star Fake Social Networking Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think what shes saying is there is a difference in Suzy pretending to be the "#1 Cheerlebrity of the Minute", and stealing her pictures, and posting statuses as her, and answering questions as her on formspring.

Sure those fake accounts should be reported. But in doing so, you don't need to necessarily out the idenity of the real person thats doing them and cause the mob to "go in" on them on twitter...

and in the instance of Whoadeedle and ZTA....there is a difference between creating an identity that already exists (i.e. posting as a cheerlebrity)....and posting as a fictional person (trying to start over and posting as someone that isn't real...creating a new fictional fb identity)

at least thats they way I understood Ashley post

And why not, exactly? Without accountability for one's actions why would any "poser" feel obligated to give up the charade and stop creating fake accounts. If a fake account gets reported and deleted, chances are the person behind the account will just set up another one, unless they reprimanded for their actions. Like it or not, humiliation is an effective punishment. Of course, this issue is tricky because these tactics are often interpreted as "bullying". Minors, such as LM, probably shouldn't publicly be put on the blast for their wrongdoings, but zta was an adult (or at least claimed to be) and it's not like her "outing" was without reason.

And to everyone crying foul because it's unfair to judge someone based on their past, oh please. Would you let a registered sex offender babysit your children, even if they had been convicted when they were a young, naive, and lost young adult?

I don't disagree with anything you've posted, but this is the statement I want to highlight. The person who was whoadeedle ect, did in fact pretend to be another living human being. I think, that fact...in addition to the hypocrisy of calling out others doing similar things is what led to the brouhaha of the last however many days it's been.

BTW, if anyone would like to pretend to be me, please let me know where to send the bills. Car insurance is due in July, phone bill is due in a week. Thanks :)

I think this is where everyone is confused about our point (and I swore I was done with this). What we're saying is call out the fake account, in this case WoahDeedle, but leave the person behind it alone (ZTAPrincess). WoahDeedle was a fake person with a fake life, but ZTA is not, as far as we know. So leave that account out of it.

Does that make any sense (whether you agree with it or not, of course)?

And to everyone crying foul because it's unfair to judge someone based on their past, oh please. Would you let a registered sex offender babysit your children, even if they had been convicted when they were a young, naive, and lost young adult?
this to me is a bit of an exaggeration, this is a cheerleading board where people can change users frequently. thats why i think that if she was trying to be different this time around they should of just let her , someone on a few pages back thinks she was calling people out because she didnt want the people they got close to get hurt like she hurt others.

I think this is where everyone is confused about our point (and I swore I was done with this). What we're saying is call out the fake account, in this case WoahDeedle, but leave the person behind it alone (ZTAPrincess). WoahDeedle was a fake person with a fake life, but ZTA is not, as far as we know. So leave that account out of it.

Does that make any sense (whether you agree with it or not, of course)?

Haha...I swore I was out of it too...we see how long that lasted. I understand your point, and the new account was left out of it for 2 years or so. Whoa was a person who stole someone else's life, and then "enhanced" it with creative and tragic stories. The actual person who was Whoa is free to continue posting because this is a free board, and they had valuable ideas on a broad range of topics. However, don't crow about "outing" fakers ect, and not expect people to think you're a hypocrite (and that is what she was called out on).

And why not, exactly? Without accountability for one's actions why would any "poser" feel obligated to give up the charade and stop creating fake accounts. If a fake account gets reported and deleted, chances are the person behind the account will just set up another one, unless they reprimanded for their actions. Like it or not, humiliation is an effective punishment. Of course, this issue is tricky because these tactics are often interpreted as "bullying". Minors, such as LM, probably shouldn't publicly be put on the blast for their wrongdoings, but zta was an adult (or at least claimed to be) and it's not like her "outing" was without reason.

But you're missing the point. If Whoadeedle was ZTA, she created a new identity, she didn't assume the identity of someone else and pose as them. She appeared to attempt to start over as ZTA. Theres a difference.

What good comes from teenagers humiliating teenagers (in regard to LM not ZTA because ZTA was never mentioned in the realm of being bashed on twitter)

this to me is a bit of an exaggeration, this is a cheerleading board where people can change users frequently. thats why i think that if she was trying to be different this time around they should of just let her , someone on a few pages back thinks she was calling people out because she didnt want the people they got close to get hurt like she hurt others.
Yes, of course, it's an exaggerated example. I did so for emphasis because the notion that we should welcome with open arms anyone who has ever wronged us baffles me--especially considering the person in question never tried to make amends for their wrongdoings.

I can't say I agree with the second part of your post. I truly don't think she was calling out fakers in order to protect others. Heck, I could be wrong. I have no idea what goes through this person's head. But, the intention of these posts seem to give off a more "holier-than-thou" vibe than a genuine concern for the safety of others.

Yes, of course, it's an exaggerated example. I did so for emphasis because the notion that we should welcome with open arms anyone who has ever wronged us baffles me--especially considering the person in question never tried to make amends for their wrongdoings.

I can't say I agree with the second part of your post. I truly don't think she was calling out fakers in order to protect others. Heck, I could be wrong. I have no idea what goes through this person's head. But, the intention of these posts seem to give off a more "holier-than-thou" vibe than a genuine concern for the safety of others.
i didnt say the last part someone else did, just an example.

But you're missing the point. If Whoadeedle was ZTA, she created a new identity, she didn't assume the identity of someone else and pose as them. She appeared to attempt to start over as ZTA. Theres a difference.

What good comes from teenagers humiliating teenagers (in regard to LM not ZTA because ZTA was never mentioned in the realm of being bashed on twitter)

Zta chosing to "start over" doesn't negate the fact that she did pose as someone else in the past, as mstealtoyou previously pointed out. The fact that the old whoadeedle and the new zta never expressed any remorse for her actions really bothers me.

And, I don't think anything good comes from teenagers humiliating other teenagers. I thought I made that clear in my post.

Reactions: DJ
Zta chosing to "start over" doesn't negate the fact that she did pose as someone else in the past, as mstealtoyou previously pointed out. The fact that the old whoadeedle and the new zta never expressed any remorse for her actions really bothers me.

And, I don't think anything good comes from teenagers humiliating other teenagers. I thought I made that clear in my post.

She probably felt like she would never be forgiven, so she gave herself the opportunity to just start over as someone else.

mstealtoyou. I know I have too much time on my hands by reading this thread, but want to say that I like your style. You seem very good at trying to understand conflicting point of views, and I admire that you are tying to understand everything thrown out here....enough said.

Apparently we all have too much time on our hands. LMAO But thank you for saying that. I really appreciate it!!!!

It really does me too and that's where I have such conflicting emotions/opinions. Just being honest here.

I've just decided that if you weren't personally effected by it - I'm not even going to try and explain anymore. I'm not a bully, I'm not a child, I'm not on twitter enough to know anything going on, and I have my own morals and choices I choose to believe in. If you think Im a bully, child, and made a bad decision to "call out" someone who hurt myself and friends around me - thats your prerogative.

There was someone that I grew up around that was a complete bully to me in Middle School and it got even worse when I was in HS and started cheering. They made my life hell during crucial moments in High School. They tried adding me on Facebook about three years ago. I messaged asking why they wanted to add me. He said "To see what you've been up to" I said a few words that are banned from the Fierceboard and told him he was a female cleansing device to me in High School and I have no intentions of inviting him into my social networking bubble.

I for one, can hold a grudge. Not everyone can, and thats great. But fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.... you know how it goes. ZTA may have not been lying or building personal relationships like WhoaDeedle was, IDK who she talks to. However, we also NEVER thought anyone would do that back then.

She probably felt like she would never be forgiven, so she gave herself the opportunity to just start over as someone else.
Sorry, but that's a lousy reason for not apologizing. No one should hesitate to apologize to someone out of fear they won't be forgiven. Apologies aren't given for the person at fault to receive a peace of mind. There needs to be some kind of acknowledgment that the person realizes they messed up and they feel bad about it, regardless of the outcome of doing so.

Back