All-Star February 2016 Videos

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I enjoy the routine itself, and it's obviously executed and performed well, but I think skill wise they're sitting at a serious disadvantage to Cali, Cheer Athletics, and Stingrays.
It may appear that way, but remember... year after year, TGLC plays the quantity game very well. They're still the only large coed team to put up 12 stunt groups for their elite stunts (kudos to those 6 female bases); they have two coed and two elite stunt sections; they have a large amount of group standing and running tumbling passes showcasing synchronisation; a pyramid packed with transitions and ending with such a big structure (12 flyers in the air) that highlights their use of the floor space.

The more athletes you can get to perform skills at the same time, the "more time" you can get in your routine. i.e. Instead of having a staggered standing tumbling section (e.g. 8 athletes performing three to doubles, followed by another 8 performing two to doubles and lastly 4 performing one to whip doubles.) you have what teams like Orange has (e.g. One giant group pass with 20 athletes performing two to doubles). You can the allocate the "extra" time to put something else in... so their routines may not look "flashy", but they have the quantity and execution.

Last edited:
It may appear that way, but remember... year after year, TGLC plays the quantity game very well. They're still the only large coed team to put up 12 stunt groups for their elite stunts (kudos to those 6 female bases); they have two coed and two elite stunt sections; they have a large amount of group standing and running tumbling passes showcasing synchronisation; a pyramid packed with transitions and ending with such a big structure that highlights their use of the floor space.

The more athletes you can get to perform skills at the same time, the "more time" you can get in your routine. i.e. Instead of having a staggered standing tumbling section (e.g. 8 athletes performing three two doubles, followed by another 8 performing two to doubles and lastly 4 performing one to whip doubles.) you have what teams like Orange has (e.g. One giant group pass with 20 athletes performing two to doubles). You can the allocate the "extra" time to put something else in... so their routines may not necessarily look "difficult", but they just have the quantity and execution.

That's a great explanation. I really enjoy the routines that emphasize group tumble passes versus the routines that have 15-20 different tumble passes with 1-3 athletes doing pretty much the same thing. In my opinion it's visually more appealing to have a group tumble passes. I understand elite passes being highlighted, but I like group tumbling.

This is a better view of what it was supposed to be. It looks like just a performance error in the left stunt group as the other ones weren't free flipping, but I can see how it could be a little risky the way the other groups did it since it happens so fast. As someone else already said, they changed it for day 2.

Can you explain how the other two wouldn't count as free flipping? From both angles, it appears that there's no contact being made by any of the groups during the flip.
Is it possible there was a thought that this might be legal by the same rules that made Top Gun's pyramid flip last year or the year before legal (starting with the hips and feet already above the head) but then found out it was illegal?
I'm just not that familiar with level 5 rules and trying to figure it out.

ETA: *cough* Sorry, Top Gun 2010 - I'm getting old and all the years seem much closer together. Skill I'm referencing is at 1:50

Last edited:
Legacy Legends IOC6 from their bid competition last weekend. Not the clearest view. Sorry if you can't see the facebook link, it's not on youtube and not my video

Can you explain how the other two wouldn't count as free flipping? From both angles, it appears that there's no contact being made by any of the groups during the flip.
Is it possible there was a thought that this might be legal by the same rules that made Top Gun's pyramid flip last year or the year before legal (starting with the hips and feet already above the head) but then found out it was illegal?
I'm just not that familiar with level 5 rules and trying to figure it out.

ETA: *cough* Sorry, Top Gun 2010 - I'm getting old and all the years seem much closer together. Skill I'm referencing is at 1:50

Yes, they're doing the same thing. They go down into an inverted position holding on to the bases hands and then do the "flip". It's the starting inverted that makes it legal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yes, they're doing the same thing. They go down into an inverted position holding on to the bases hands and then do the "flip". It's the starting inverted that makes it legal.

So would it just be that the left group doesn't quite make it to inverted before initiating the flip that's the issue?

So would it just be that the left group doesn't quite make it to inverted before initiating the flip that's the issue?
Yea she doesn't look inverted before the flip to me

That's a great explanation. I really enjoy the routines that emphasize group tumble passes versus the routines that have 15-20 different tumble passes with 1-3 athletes doing pretty much the same thing. In my opinion it's visually more appealing to have a group tumble passes. I understand elite passes being highlighted, but I like group tumbling.

Yep!

Sometimes I watch medium and large teams and try to count how many (unique) folks actually tumble during running tumbling.

It's interesting. Especially with school teams when you think XYZ has amazing timbling but it is the same 3 girls the whole time.

Yep!

Sometimes I watch medium and large teams and try to count how many (unique) folks actually tumble during running tumbling.

It's interesting. Especially with school teams when you think XYZ has amazing timbling but it is the same 3 girls the whole time.
Also group tumbling is good because then there is more time for other things.

Back