All-Star Fees For Reviewing Score Sheets?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For lack of a better place to ask this question, is there anyone that can explain when a judge would take off of execution versus a deduction when it comes to stunt issues? Example: If a stunt group starts to go up but, goes back down into the smoosh (not cradled, not a fall, more like an omission of part of the elite stunt) and goes on to hit the rest of the stunt. Is that a BB, BF or execution?
Bobbles and missed skills (as long as it's not a fall) come out of technique.
I will tell you what I don't like so far this year, not telling me how much they're taking out of technique for bobbles.

I love the scoresheets this year and at the competitions we have been to so far it has been pretty great. Hate y'all are having issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For lack of a better place to ask this question, is there anyone that can explain when a judge would take off of execution versus a deduction when it comes to stunt issues? Example: If a stunt group starts to go up but, goes back down into the smoosh (not cradled, not a fall, more like an omission of part of the elite stunt) and goes on to hit the rest of the stunt. Is that a BB, BF or execution?
Varsity says a building fall is 0.75 and is uncontrolled cradling, dismounting or lowering building skill (not timing issues) or a base or spotter falling to the floor duing a building skill.

A Major Fall is 1.25 and is falls from an individual stunt, pyramid or toss to the floor (top person lands on floor or multiple bases/spotters land on floor)

Varsity says a building fall is 0.75 and is uncontrolled cradling, dismounting or lowering building skill (not timing issues) or a base or spotter falling to the floor duing a building skill.

A Major Fall is 1.25 and is falls from an individual stunt, pyramid or toss to the floor (top person lands on floor or multiple bases/spotters land on floor)

Thank you. I had read the deduction system above on Varsity's website, however, I wasn't sure if the example I gave would be considered "lowering building skill" or an "omission". There have been times I have counted things as a deduction (yes, I'm guilty but, only for my kids teams) and was surprised to find out it wasn't taken as a deduction.

Thank you. I had read the deduction system above on Varsity's website, however, I wasn't sure if the example I gave would be considered "lowering building skill" or an "omission". There have been times I have counted things as a deduction (yes, I'm guilty but, only for my kids teams) and was surprised to find out it wasn't taken as a deduction.
I think we've all been there and done that. I know I was reading about a team who stunt came down to a tight cradle and another that came down but saved at prep and the team that saved at prep didn't get the deduction the team that cradled did. I didn't see the routine so I can't really comment on which "looked" better.

I'm on board. As long as you get your money back if the score is changed, just like in gymnastics.

See the highlighted portion for the reason for my response:
"Yep just to dispute...if you are correct on the dispute you get your $50 BUT...for me when I dispute a score its more about trying to learn the system (considering it gets changed all the time). Also its a $100 fee if you bring up questioning about another team"

Yes, I have heard of it and it makes sense. It ensures the coach/owner going to dispute the score knows exactly what they're disputing.
Right...and I worded that wrong. I just meant the way that I approach it not that I don't know where my team should fall.

I love the scoresheets this year and at the competitions we have been to so far it has been pretty great. Hate y'all are having issues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was at a competition this past weekend and EVERY team scored about 10 points lower than what they normally score at other comps...crazy the inconsistency but at least it was inconsistent for every one lol

Right...and I worded that wrong. I just meant the way that I approach it not that I don't know where my team should fall.
:) No worries. I know tone can be difficult to decipher on the interwebs. I wasn't trying to be snarky although I can see how it could have been taken that way. I just know as a new coach/owner it can be a steep learning curve and if you needed help, there are plenty here willing to help.

Back