All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Playing devil's advocate for a sec. What if it does succeed? My youngest CP interviewed Gabi for a research paper this school year. Gabi mentioned her dream of opening a cheer gym. She also talked about how education is important to her. She said she planned on furthering her education, loved animals, and was thinking about possibly studying to be a vet along with owning a cheer gym. Think she has a pretty good back up plan. In addition she shared she is involved with charities for the homeless.

Last edited:
So from what it sounds like... Gabi is planning to fly in the best athletes for her IOC5 team for this season and to attract more athletes for next season?
I think she will be a great coach for levels 1-4 and for tiny-junior teams but I hope she gets new coaches for senior and level 5 teams.
I think that this gym has the opportunity to be successful, and I hope it does.
Do they have a gym yet? Or equipment?

Playing devil's advocate for a sec. What if it does succeed? My youngest CP interviewed Gabi for a research paper this school year. Gabi mentioned her dream of opening a cheer gym. She also talked about how education is important to her. She said she planned on furthering her education, loved animals, and was thinking about possibly studying to be a vet along with owning a cheer gym. Think she has a pretty good back up plan. In addition she shared she is involved with charities for the homeless.

How will she have time to go to college and own a cheer gym? Owning any business is extremely time consuming, which is why it's usually done by "real" adults that already have degrees. She's not even old enough to vote yet. I think her "plan" would be a bit more solid if she had an education and waited to see if this was something she REALLY wanted to do first.

I wanted to be a teacher from age 8 until 19. Then I got to college and changed my whole plan. Which is totally ok. I think she needs to give herself the opportunity to grow up a bit and find herself (as cliché as that sounds).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
She has family and people to help. She isn't doing this by herself.

Last edited:
yeah, while I find the whole thing questionable, I don't see why she can't go to college if she so chooses. She could easily go to a community college or a university local to her during the day when kids are in school and not at the gym anyway. Heck or even online classes, especially if she has outside help which I am sure she does.

i get the feeling that maybe this is more of a seize the moment type venture. im sure her dream is to own a gym, which is great. but she's 17 and doesnt have a college education yet. so there is really only so much she will be able to be apart of. im sure her parents along with whoever else decides to help are the ones truly running the business more then anything. if it succeeds long enough it could be a great investment to take over once she gets a college degree.
i dont really blame people for going for something like this at such a young age, they have the momentum and "fame" so to speak for it to work, so why not. i mean even if Maddie G. were to open a gym, i guarantee kids would flock to it like crazy, she still has quite a social media following to garnish that kind of attention. (not saying she is or is ever going to, since she's majoring in news broadcasting/ journalism or whatever at UNC)

I apologize in advance as I have not read this entire post but have only read the initial posting by the creator but, THIS IS FOOLISH! Does she even have coaching experience? Does she know the process with leasing property or purchasing land to build a facility? She's 17 right? Can she finish high school first? Are there really parents out there that would let their kids cheer at a gym based off of one "Cheerlebrity" and not gym structure or reputation? What is all-star cheer becoming? I Just cant....

Side Note: While this is my opinion and would like NOT to be stoned for voicing it, I do believe she is an amazingly talented cheerleader. This just seems like an impulse decision that is clearly not well thought out.

I really don't believe the Butler's are incompetent people. For those stating it is impossible, cp has a friend that just graduated HS, that plays professional Cricket, has 4 apartment building rental properties, and goes to school on-line. My guess is by the Lamborghini and Nissan GT-R he drives and his homes in ATL and FL, he has huge parental support. The Butler's have done the PR work, her name is established, she has learned from very reputable coaches, they can hire a good business manager, and all it takes is money to get a good staff, equipment, and location. I have no idea of their financial status but, if they have the money, they can hire experienced people to get the job done. If not, I wish her well, most successful businesses began with a few failures, as well.

I'm in south Florida and while I don't plan to rush to Gabi's gym when/if they have younger teams. My cp has done two clinics with her locally and her parents are very involved in that so I am sure she isn't going it alone. And who knows, it could turn out amazing like Cheer Extreme. According to this, Courtney was young....

How Did Cheer Extreme Start?
The Smith family, based out of Kernersville, NC, founded Cheer Extreme Allstars (CEA) in 1992. What began as a recreational cheerleading league for a local elementary school became a World Championship competitive cheerleading program. The first location in Kernersville NC is one of the most respected programs in the United States. Here is Courtney Smith Pope's story: "In 1992 while coaching a group of recreational basketball cheerleaders, I decided to form a special group for competitions. I was 15 years old. The next season we took this same group of 2nd - 5th graders to nationals. When I attended college at Wake Forest University, CEA grew to two squads and while pursuing a degree in Biology, we won our first Nationals in 1998. Going into my senior year, after a tryout with almost 150 girls, I decided not to enter medical school and put all my energies into an allstar cheerleading program. That season Cheer Extreme began on a quest to be one of the nation's very best cheer gyms."

I'm in south Florida and while I don't plan to rush to Gabi's gym when/if they have younger teams. My cp has done two clinics with her locally and her parents are very involved in that so I am sure she isn't going it alone. And who knows, it could turn out amazing like Cheer Extreme. According to this, Courtney was young....

The Smith family, based out of Kernersville, NC, founded Cheer Extreme Allstars (CEA) in 1992. What began as a recreational cheerleading league for a local elementary school became a World Championship competitive cheerleading program. The first location in Kernersville NC is one of the most respected programs in the United States. Here is Courtney Smith Pope's story: "In 1992 while coaching a group of recreational basketball cheerleaders, I decided to form a special group for competitions. I was 15 years old. The next season we took this same group of 2nd - 5th graders to nationals. When I attended college at Wake Forest University, CEA grew to two squads and while pursuing a degree in Biology, we won our first Nationals in 1998. Going into my senior year, after a tryout with almost 150 girls, I decided not to enter medical school and put all my energies into an allstar cheerleading program. That season Cheer Extreme began on a quest to be one of the nation's very best cheer gyms."

Although similar, CEA was started over 20 years ago, when cheer wasn't massive and kids didn't fly all over to go to one specific gym. And I believe at the time there were only one other program in the area, possibly a couple, but nowhere near the 10+ gyms that are already in the sf area. I wish Gabi the best of luck, but think it will be a lot of extremely hard work.

For those of you who were wondering, Ms. Butler mentioned she's specifically eying the Delray Beach/Boca Ratan area (where her family lives I believe) as the home for her new programme.

Last edited:
Although similar, CEA was started over 20 years ago, when cheer wasn't massive and kids didn't fly all over to go to one specific gym. And I believe at the time there were only one other program in the area, possibly a couple, but nowhere near the 10+ gyms that are already in the sf area. I wish Gabi the best of luck, but think it will be a lot of extremely hard work.

You do have a point there. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with people here locally.

to be honest i see a big difference in slowly starting with a recreational young team vs. trying to start an international older team right off the bat (which was specifically stated in GB statement). which is where most of my confusion is, why not start small and slowly grow. Then try to go wham bam into a very competitive division, along with trying to coach the same team you are trying to create. just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

to be honest i see a big difference in slowly starting with a recreational young team vs. trying to start an international older team right off the bat (which was specifically stated in GB statement). which is where most of my confusion is, why not start small and slowly grow. Then try to go wham bam into a very competitive division, along with trying to coach the same team you are trying to create. just doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me.

I don't know, maybe they think she'll get to cheer and then get a start to a gym that way. Of all the gyms in this area, TG is the only one who offers the type team she is going to be starting this year. Maybe they think they can pull in some of the aged out people who aren't going to make the drive to Miami or those who don't make TG. I'm just guessing here. Honestly, I don't know. I just thought of CE and it seemed similar based on age but you all are making good points that I didn't think of at first.

My other thought is, im curious to see how much older talent she will be able to pull in. I would think you have these older athletes who have been with certain programs for years such as just for an example (top gun, CA, gymtyme, Stingrays) what is going to make them pick up and leave their long time, successful programs for something very new and taught by someone very young. i would think it would take a lot of convincing. unless she pulls in people who are making hours long drives who might be closer to this new gym location, or people looking to get back into cheering and just looking for a fun team.

it'll be very interesting (to me at least) to see where some of these athletes come from.

Back