All-Star Gabi's New Gym And Team Announcement 7/6/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ad_163579179.jpg

How I feel about that...uh... dog?
Yes! Exactly!!

The #AskELJames Q&A Twitter session was golden. Even better was that she and her PR staff really didn't see what they were opening themselves up to. I think my favorite went something like "Which do you hate more, women or the English language?"
It was six shades of magical. I read it every time I get sad. Part of me wonders how the HECK her PR team allowed that to happen..then I remember it TOOK a delusional bubble for her to carve that monstrosity into poor, defenseless, tree bits. Also they held that hilarious travesty of a press tour, before she insisted on writing the screenplay for the next one. No. Just no.

@catlady I can/could see where you were attempting to go with your reference but...no. Way too off course here. There is a vast difference in blaming victims of reprehensible crimes for their own misfortunes, and holding adults accountable for their actions and business decisions. While we don't know EVERYTHING about this new "gym"- we know a 17 year old girl is attempting to put together a Worlds team for herself. We don't know anything else- and maybe THAT'S the problem. We DON'T know if she's certified, who's running it, who's coaching, etc. But it's a rather large undertaking for ANYONE, experienced or otherwise, and there is serious health and safety involved. Opening yourself up to criticism IS different than opening up a barrage of hatred, but as adults we're currently stuck with both and we NEED to be prepared to handle it. Life has never been easy, don't know why people are surprised.

@kristenthegreat while I had walked away from this thread knowing my point had been made, people didn't agree, and I was fine with that, I will come back one last time to respond. I generally agree with you 99% of the time but, this is the 1%. No doubt, I'm old but, I came from the day when people announced dreams and aspirations, people congratulated them, perhaps hung over the fence post and gave a few opinions to their closest friends but, ultimately, in the end they sent flowers on opening day wishing them well. While I made exaggerated analogies, and said they were both times, my feelings are this entire thread is, over exaggerated drama over non-existent things, which was why I stated my exaggerated analogies and said they were. While I will apologize if I offended anyone, I found this entire thread offensive and I am NOT a defender of the whole cheerlebrity or celebrity thing but, I am a big supporter of young people having dreams and pursuing them. Gabi has had clinics and I will stand by those are fair game for criticism but, non-existent teams and businesses, IMO, those need to actually be in existence before people start voicing "concerns". Perhaps it's because I know many IOC5's have experienced coaches on them as to why I find the safety concern irrelevant until we actually see a team come together. For the same reason, I know most of my business owning friends have put up capital and then taken a role in the business where they have experience.

As far as, the Butler's, I wish they would have stayed silent. The comments were beginning to speak for themselves on how ridiculous they were. With that said, I understand as a parent, the fear of wondering how strong and resilient your kids really are. Whether she's 17 or 70, putting opinions on Twitter and blogs on things that don't exist is way too close to character and potential business defamation, IMO. While I do feel you have to have thick skin and I'm truly not surprised, I'm disappointed and I'm not sorry for expressing it. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one and I am totally fine with that, cats or dogs, I don't take things personally and I know I will still enjoy and agree with 99% of your posts.

It was six shades of magical. I read it every time I get sad. Part of me wonders how the HECK her PR team allowed that to happen..then I remember it TOOK a delusional bubble for her to carve that monstrosity into poor, defenseless, tree bits. Also they held that hilarious travesty of a press tour, before she insisted on writing the screenplay for the next one. No. Just no.

@catlady I can/could see where you were attempting to go with your reference but...no. Way too off course here. There is a vast difference in blaming victims of reprehensible crimes for their own misfortunes, and holding adults accountable for their actions and business decisions. While we don't know EVERYTHING about this new "gym"- we know a 17 year old girl is attempting to put together a Worlds team for herself. We don't know anything else- and maybe THAT'S the problem. We DON'T know if she's certified, who's running it, who's coaching, etc. But it's a rather large undertaking for ANYONE, experienced or otherwise, and there is serious health and safety involved. Opening yourself up to criticism IS different than opening up a barrage of hatred, but as adults we're currently stuck with both and we NEED to be prepared to handle it. Life has never been easy, don't know why people are surprised.
I read somewhere that 50 Shades of boo boo outsold Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone as the highest selling paperback novel OF ALL TIME (HP had previously held that record).

WTH? Since when are whips and chains more interesting than magic and adventure?

Last edited:
Back