All-Star Good Gyms (for Younger Kids) Near Indianapolis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Are the smaller gyms in Indy just not decent at all, or is it the IE and Speed are bigger and more known. If you'd rather PM me I get it, but I'm trying to gather all the facts I can since I will only be able to spend a very small time physically checking the gyms out.

IE and Speed do sound like good options, but I want to consider all options not just the bigger guys.

Interactive academy in Zionsville is growing. Right now they don't have teams higher than level 2, I think (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and no Senior teams. A couple if friends take their girls there and they enjoy it. I don't know if they plan to expand or not.

I only know of them because they are the gyms that give our program any "real" competition. Depending on what side of Indy you move to and travel issues, Terra Haute Cheer University has a great small gym program. They are very successful. Good luck on your decision!

I'm not from the area, so my opinion may be irrelevant.. but just looking at the wiki there aren't exactly as many gyms as, say, texas.

as everyone else said Speed and Indiana Elite are great.

I've had great encounters with people at Indiana Ultimate.. though that may be quite far from Indy if I'm correct? Same goes for Cheer Alliance. They have a couple locations.. the lafayette one doesn't seem terribly far (though I have no idea about traffic)

Hollywood probably has a location near you, but I don't know much about them to give an opinion - other than cute uniforms ;)

Try not to stress so much! They'll be fine and you're right... you and your husband are the rock and consistency in their lives. They'll adjust. If nothing else, kids are resilient. You'll all get through it together and the pieces will fall into place eventually. Good Luck!

Yup, there certainly aren't the wealth of gyms that there are in other parts of the country. Not sure what I'd do with all those choices anyway :)

Are the smaller gyms in Indy just not decent at all, or is it the IE and Speed are bigger and more known. If you'd rather PM me I get it, but I'm trying to gather all the facts I can since I will only be able to spend a very small time physically checking the gyms out.

IE and Speed do sound like good options, but I want to consider all options not just the bigger guys.
I only know of them because they are the gyms that give our program any "real" competition. Depending on what side of Indy you move to and travel issues, Terra Haute Cheer University has a great small gym program. They are very successful. Good luck on your decision!

I just know from competitions like tdittmar, they always look so good. Also, if you move west of the city and don't mind a little drive. Terre Haute is amazing at comps. I always hate to see them on the schedule in our division. Very good!! I know there is also Gymnastics Unlimited Shamrocks, again just gyms I have seen before at comps.

and I'm not sure about Hollywood...I think they may be Cheer alliance now. Don't quote me on that but I don't remember seeing them at any comps this season. I want to say they merged with Cheer Alliance which may have an Indy location but I'm not positive..maybe Brownsburg...

Hollywood is still hanging on. They didn't do much locally this season for whatever reason. Cheer alliance took over the old cheer express in Lafayette. Hollywood tried a "blended" gym with them I believe in merreville but i don't think much came out of it.

Ah, I forgot about GU. It's a good program. Hollywood just opened another satellite in Carmel.

Gym stability is a big factor. We certainly don't want to have to switch programs once we make a choice. I so want to head out to Indy next week and just check them all out, but it's not an option. I'm kicking myself because I signed the girls up for a bunch of pre-tryout clinics at the gym they were switching to in Cinci. I found out the day the clinics started that we'de be moving...at least they're getting to work on their skills I guess.

Latest posts

Back