All-Star Gyms Merging In Maryland

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Additionally, this year Full Out had a 12 year old competing on the International team, and a 21 year old competing on their Senior Restricted 5. And yes, the owner absolutely knew their true ages.
And me, the 15 year old on J2, R5, and IOC5. Yeah, I didn't really do my research when I got put on J2 to see what the age group was. A competition told me I was elligible to compete in their junior division because of when my birthday fell. Shame :oops:
Full Out did not have any teams at Worlds.

I should earn some sort of a FB award for keeping quiet about what happened to me personally at the hands of this gym owner....which goes WAYYYY beyond the normal cheer stuff like fighting about money, teams, waivers, performances, etc. I am not going to go into further details here, I feel like I have hopefully shared enough which should be a warning signal to give one pause. However, I very, very much would like for anyone seriously contemplating joining any organization with this owner's involvement to feel free to contact me personally.

I have compiled a list of people who are willing to share their experiences, also.

My goal is simply for no one to ever get sucked in again.
May I be put on this list? God knows I have plenty of experiences there that would blow people's minds.

It is crazy the number of openings and closings in the washington dc area! In northern Va alone, Twisters took over Vipers in Manassas, Phase Allstars is brand new in Chantilly, Cheer Tyme is opening a new location in Chantilly, and VA already has two locations of Legacy, Infinity and Hot Topic. In Maryland, All Pro and Full Out are merging, East Coast Nitros is opening in Frederick, Shockwave bought out Xtreme, One Nation started up this season, and lots of other gyms already existing - Twisters, Marlins, Unique, MD Allstars, Elite Style, Elite Allstars, Dream, X'quisite, Crimson Heat, Elite Cheer Action, Fearless, First Class, Hagerstown Heat, Spirit Force, Cheer Thunder, etc. OMG!.....not to mention what happened to poor MD Vipers! (although they seem to have bounced back!), and now Frederick Fusion is closing and re-opening with a new owner? We heard Fearless might be buying them out (although if you read the Vipers thread, that didn't work out too well for them....). I guess we'll see soon enough. The great thing is that there are so many awesome gyms and athletes in the DC/MD/VA area!

And me, the 15 year old on J2, R5, and IOC5. Yeah, I didn't really do my research when I got put on J2 to see what the age group was. A competition told me I was elligible to compete in their junior division because of when my birthday fell. Shame :oops:

May I be put on this list? God knows I have plenty of experiences there that would blow people's minds.
You can be 15 on a Jr team if your birthday falls before the cut off

Anyone know any East Coast Nitro or Frederick Fusion updates? Location? New ownership?
Last I heard Frederick Fusion will have the same owner but now he will have a business partner (another owner). Details about new name etc is said to happen after May 9th (no exact date). As for Nitros, the location address has not been announced, the Grand Opening is May 18th and tryouts May 23rd :)

Btw, did you notice that you and I both now have a brand new follower here on the FB? Weirdly, it is a new member created Thursday...FULLOUT! (they put it in all caps, not me)...wonder if they would like to address concerns about their program for everyone interested in Maryland cheer to see/weigh in upon??? I am totally all good to go for a discussion.

Anyone know any East Coast Nitro or Frederick Fusion updates? Location? New ownership?
Supposedly the email that went out to all of Fusion that said there would be a new owner, "went out in error", and it's actually the same owner. Very confusing! Thank God a solid cheer organization is coming to Frederick...Nitros!

Supposedly the email that went out to all of Fusion that said there would be a new owner, "went out in error", and it's actually the same owner. Very confusing! Thank God a solid cheer organization is coming to Frederick...Nitros!
that's funny, the original announcement is still on their f/b page....what a hot mess!

Sounds like WAY too many gyms in such a small area. Its obvious this owner is bad news but another reason may be that the area is over populated with gyms.

Sounds like WAY too many gyms in such a small area. Its obvious this owner is bad news but another reason may be that the area is over populated with gyms.

yes, everyone and his brother thinks they are qualified to run/coach an allstar cheer gym. unfortunately, this is just another way to give cheer a bum rap...shady owners, unqualified coaches, no checks and balances financially or morally. not saying their all bad, some mean well and do the best they can for the kids, but i could name a handful that do it right. and even those may stand for improvement, as nothing is ever perfect. JMHO

While MD is a small state, with traffic it can take an hour to go to gym A to gym B. For example, athletes at Fusion who live in that town that would want to go to Twisters would be an hr without rush hour traffic. From Fredrick to Vipers would be closer to an hour and a half and probably longer to get to Marlins. My work commute used to take me close to an hour to drive 25 miles and that wasn't even getting on 495 (the capital beltway).

Wow, that's crazy!! Hoping to attend BATC this season so I get to see for myself. Thanks!!

While MD is a small state, with traffic it can take an hour to go to gym A to gym B. For example, athletes at Fusion who live in that town that would want to go to Twisters would be an hr without rush hour traffic. From Fredrick to Vipers would be closer to an hour and a half and probably longer to get to Marlins. My work commute used to take me close to an hour to drive 25 miles and that wasn't even getting on 495 (the capital beltway).
And now the Nitros will be an even closer gym for people in Frederick and surrounding areas who want an alternative to Fusion ;)

Back