All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The PIX 11 "journalist" responded to some of the comments on her post. It sounds like she did not actually write this story. "Our affiliate in Texas..." blah-blah-blah. She must be trying to bolster her resume before applying for a position at Huffpo. Her journalistic abilities would be much appreciated there.

How has she won an Emmy? FFS Her responses are pitiful! Might I suggest a redline to Houston?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the end of all this, I blame Varsity!

Here we were just a few days ago cursing out the Varsity Monopoly Godz, questioning why we were even torturing ourselves at the rising costs and wondering the fate of the ever yummy, every creepy Jammie! Then Hairocalyse happens and BAM...

We are all joining forces and coming together as one to fight off the big bad media!

Clearly this Jenny chica is on the Varsity payroll. It all makes sense now.

Well played Varsity, well played...

*In case you thought I was serious, I'm as serious as Happy sporting a clip on bun while skipping onto the mat with a glitter wand.*

Last edited:
You know, I watched the PIX11 news with my opinionated hubby and when this news story came on, he looked at the program and then at me, and asked me, Why is this news? Yet, his next question was, Why not put the hair in a ponytail, who cares??? He also wanted to know, whether AS Cheerleaders are scored on their hair and if there is a category on the scoresheet on who have the best hair? Like a pageant?

So, those judging AS Cheer from the outside, figure that this EXACTLY why this is not recognized as a sport!

219c6a0944b31829d22eb39411b84a62.jpg
and that was her response to me lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, finally I can post in this thread!

So, from what I've read, there is a LOT of anger towards the mom, a fair amount of anger towards the reporter, enough commentary on the stupidity of others, and a few posts from WE.

I think we all know that this situation is ridiculous. And even though we won't know exactly what happened, we have enough understanding of WE as an organization to uphold their side of their story.
Instead of bashing the Mom and the media, can't we get a thread together of the positive things of WE and show the media how they have the story wrong. If there is enough clear evidence against the Mom, the media will have a whole other side of this story to report. Yay for more air time.

Back