OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Does anyone have a good conditioner recommendation for fine hair? I like to use a volumizing shampoo and a more moisturizing conditioner. I bought one from Rusk last week because it said it was lightweight but it made my hair unbelievably greasy. I tried using a little less but then it did absolutely nothing. I'm a natural blonde but I do get highlights to keep it bright so I need something to moisturize the damaged ends.
Matrix and Kenra!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Y'all are always more helpful than the actual Ulta employees. I ended up with Lorac dominatrix, although it isn't exactly want I wanted. I think I'll wear it tomorrow and then return it (whatever it's my birthday I can do that) because I strayed away from the matte brown I really wanted [emoji19].

Hopefully I'll get to MAC this week

Does anyone have a good conditioner recommendation for fine hair? I like to use a volumizing shampoo and a more moisturizing conditioner. I bought one from Rusk last week because it said it was lightweight but it made my hair unbelievably greasy. I tried using a little less but then it did absolutely nothing. I'm a natural blonde but I do get highlights to keep it bright so I need something to moisturize the damaged ends.
Macadamia has one for fine hair.

**I promise I don't eat children and I am not gross looking**

Shampoo your hair after the conditioner to wash it all out (also helps with volume as there's no products weighing it down).

Y'all are always more helpful than the actual Ulta employees. I ended up with Lorac dominatrix, although it isn't exactly want I wanted. I think I'll wear it tomorrow and then return it (whatever it's my birthday I can do that) because I strayed away from the matte brown I really wanted [emoji19].

Hopefully I'll get to MAC this week

I LOVE that color oh my god. I got it in the Alter Ego gloss in the holiday set and it's just so pretty. I was gonna recommend that color, but since it's not matte I didn't. You can always make a lipstick matte by applying some translucent powder over it. It won't be as matte, but it also won't be as drying as a true matte.

Where do you guys suggest taking a 13 year old for a full make up consult? Thanks to cheer, she has been obsessed with make-up since she was 8 years old. She has worn make up to school for quite a while. She watches tons of videos and does an amazing job on it...but I feel like she wears too much for her age...especially the foundation/powder, etc. I never feel like her foundation matches quite right...always a bit too light for her tan complexion.

Anyway...I haven't heard great things about ULTA, so I am curious if you guys have any other suggestions of where to go to get really good advice on choosing the right colors.

Not sure if this will help but I also have fine hair and I only condition the ends of my hair so it doesn't get weighed down! I think it has helped me a lot, and I use the AG thikk wash/rise since my hair has no natural volume at all.

Last edited:
Not sure if this will help but also have fine hair and I only condition the ends of my hair so it doesn't get weighed down! I think it has helped me a lot, and I use the AG thikk wash/rise since my hair has no natural volume at all.

I have two girls with fine hair. I have told them to hold the hair in a low ponytail and just condition that.

Anyway...I haven't heard great things about ULTA, so I am curious if you guys have any other suggestions of where to go to get really good advice on choosing the right colors.
It definitely depends which location you go to. I used to work there and the first girl we had I wouldn't recommend to anyone but the girl that was there when I left was amazing. Ask if she's working and have her do half of your face(she can't charge for that). If you like it, book the make up app lesson. Or else I would look into local salon reviews or beauty schools!
Not sure if this will help but I also have fine hair and I only condition the ends of my hair so it doesn't get weighed down! I think it has helped me a lot, and I use the AG thikk wash/rise since my hair has no natural volume at all.

I use that trick! I love AG so maybe I'll look into that one too, they're just so expensive unless it's the liter sale!

Does anyone know anything about the Joico moisture recovery conditioner? I saw good reviews online but I'm always weary that someone was paid to write them lol

Last edited:
Where do you guys suggest taking a 13 year old for a full make up consult? Thanks to cheer, she has been obsessed with make-up since she was 8 years old. She has worn make up to school for quite a while. She watches tons of videos and does an amazing job on it...but I feel like she wears too much for her age...especially the foundation/powder, etc. I never feel like her foundation matches quite right...always a bit too light for her tan complexion.

I would suggest Sephora over ULTA. The one near me charges $50 for a full consult but if you buy products, you get that $50 as a credit. I believe the Nordstrom make-up counters do the same. Whenever I look for new make-up, I always ask for a consult at Sephora - not a full face one, just a color match or explanation of how to use the product - and they've never charged me for that.

Any Spa or Salon that has a make-up professional on staff would be able to do a consult as well.

It definitely depends which location you go to. I used to work there and the first girl we had I wouldn't recommend to anyone but the girl that was there when I left was amazing. Ask if she's working and have her do half of your face(she can't charge for that). If you like it, book the make up app lesson. Or else I would look into local salon reviews or beauty schools!

I use that trick! I love AG so maybe I'll look into that one too, they're just so expensive unless it's the liter sale!

Does anyone know anything about the Joico moisture recovery conditioner? I saw good reviews online but I'm always weary that someone was paid to write them lol
Joico dried my hair out and made it brittle. My stylist told me there is some ingredient in it that causes build-up. What I didn't realize is that product build-up can make your hair feel dry and brittle, and putting more conditioner on it won't help one bit.

This will sound weird, but my softest hair actually comes from a shampoo, not a conditioner. I use J. Beverly Hills Clarifier Shampoo and it does WONDERS for my hair. My hair has never felt cleaner or softer. I will note, you are only supposed to use it 2 or 3 times a week, so don't use it daily. I wash my hair every 3 days, so I use it every time I shampoo.

Must be the age-- my 12 yo is the same way. I had a lady at Nordstrom color match her with Lancôme foundation but she now doesn't like the foundation-- and she still layers too much on at home. Is there an age where they stop caking it on?

Back