OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Kind of unrelated but does anyone here have tips for mastering pencil eyeliner application to the top lid (I know liquid liner is supposedly ideal, but I'm not about to buy that)?

I recently started just using the black shadow in my Naked 2 with an angled brush as my eyeliner and think it's easier to apply than a pencil or liquid.

Reactions: Ems
Do you use it wet or just dry?

I use Stay Don't Stray from Benefit as a primer (UD's primer dries out my lids) and then put it on dry. I love it because I can get close to the lash line and it's quite a bit more forgiving than a pencil, liquid, or gel.

I recently started just using the black shadow in my Naked 2 with an angled brush as my eyeliner and think it's easier to apply than a pencil or liquid.
I just tried this the other day and you're totally right! Way easier than a pencil and I was able to get it really close to my lash line.

I just tried this the other day and you're totally right! Way easier than a pencil and I was able to get it really close to my lash line.

I was so excited when I figured this out!! I also like that it looks a little more muted than pencil. I could never get my pencil to "smudge" evenly.

I don't really like liquid eyeliner, I def don't think it's the best! For eyeliner I like the ones that push/twist up instead of the ones you sharpen. I like the one by NYC at drugstores that's like a dollar- with a smudger on the end.
I usually put my eyeliner as close to my lash line as possible and I never go all the way into the inner corner of my eye. Usually just 1/2 or 3/4 of the way. When you have a smudger it's superrrrr convenient because if you mess up you can just rub it in lol

Watch YouTube videos!!! They help sooooooooo much
Almaty makes a great liquid liner that even I can use. Easy to apply and not messy.

okay so decided to buy a nice eye shadow palette. I'm going more towards Lorac Pro 2 or pro. I also loved the lorac summerglo but I'm not sure its sold at ulta store. I like naked 3 more than the other naked products. I'm going to check UD and lorac so I'll see what I like better. I'm excited to buy one.

eta: yay I bought Lorac pro 2. I went into ulta look at lorac/ud and had a hard time picking. I had enough for both brands but just got pro 2 for now. But I also liked Unzipped. And All nakeds and pro. Ugh decisions decisions

Last edited:
(I don't know if I already said this in this thread... I probably did but short term memory loss) But I am in love with Too Faced chocolate soleil bronzer. It smells so good and when you accidentally get it around your mouth it tastes like chocolate and not nasty face powder, and it is one of the only bronzers I've found thats truly matte. It stays almost all day and it looks awesome with/without primer underneath! People always compliment me on my "tan" when I only used the bronzer! I have two shades (one darker shade for summer/ when I'm tanning or cheering and a lighter shade for everyday wear when I'm paler in winter/fall) It's the one product I shell out the money for time after time and I don't think I'll ever find anything that compares to it! Switching both of them out lasts me about a year and I just can't get over how much I looooove them.

Anyone have any experience going to Ulta's brow bar? I want to go there in a couple days to get my eyebrows done, and what is their pricing like? I also want them to shape it, do they have examples?

Okay guys, forget drugstore face makeup, everything I ever like gets discontinued. So does anyone have recommendations for a liquid and powder from like sephora, ulta, etc?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Okay guys, forget drugstore face makeup, everything I ever like gets discontinued. So does anyone have recommendations for a liquid and powder from like sephora, ulta, etc?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
I use Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and an Urban Decay powder. I couldn't find it on the website so maybe they discontinued it (and I'm super sad if they did) but the Tarte foundation is LIFE. Seriously. I got my first bottle of it back in January and I'm still using it. So even though it's kind of expensive, it lasts a long time. And even if it didn't last that long, it's still SO worth it. I cannot say enough good things about this foundation, so I think I'll stop there

For those of you that use the amazonian clay, do you use the one in the tube or the little jar? The one I looked at (and tried in the store) was in a tube... But the one I saw on YouTube was in like a little jar/pot thing, and put on with a brush. I don't want to do all that, I'd rather just get a tube.

Do y'all use the airbrush one or the tube?

For those of you that use the amazonian clay, do you use the one in the tube or the little jar? The one I looked at (and tried in the store) was in a tube... But the one I saw on YouTube was in like a little jar/pot thing, and put on with a brush. I don't want to do all that, I'd rather just get a tube.

Do y'all use the airbrush one or the tube?
I use the one in the tube and put it on a makeup sponge. I didn't even know they made one to put in with a brush

Back