All-Star How Did It All Start?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i first did balett and told my mom it was to slow so she put me in gymnastics then i told my mom gymnastics was to slow so she put me in cheerleading and its ben my life ever since !

My parents let me try anything I wanted when I was little. I did a little 4h cheer camp and it was taught by an allstar gym. They gave out a free tumble class and I ended up going with a friend. I loved it, but my friend didn't haha. So I stuck with it and here I am!

I started in Dance but my sister didnt want to do it anymore and me being little I did whatever she did so my mom put us into rec and from there allstar and I now basically live cheer!

went to my cousins comp and ever since became obsessed :)

I went to a small private school where basketball was everything. I couldn't for the life of me play basketball, so I decided to try cheerleading. We were so small we had only one squad and it was a varsity. The next year we brought up fourth graders to try it. The coach was an eighth grader's mom, so everything could be perfect for the eighth graders, but sucky for everyone else. We were split, 5th and 6th, 7th and 8th. It was the worst year of my life. There were people on the varsity that went to the coach and told her that I deserved to be on varsity instead of being miserable on JV, where I was not only on it, I was coaching too because our "coach" had no idea what she was doing. I knew from that misery that I couldn't stand to be on JV ever again. We had an allstar gym in our town that had cheap tumbling lessons, so I decided to go. They taught me how to tumble, stunt, and how to properly jump. After taking classes for a year, I got my handspring and joined the team. I started with a toe touch that resembled a spread eagle, and when I left the gym, was level. I wanted to be better. High school tryouts were coming up, I stretched while I did everything. Homework, eating, watching tv, I was stretching. By the time tryout came, I was ready. My jumps were better than they had ever been. Hyperextended! I made varsity:) If it hadn't been for that terrible coach, I wouldn't have cheered for gyms like PA Elite, Hanover Scorpions, TNT Explosion, East Coast Nitros, and the Maryland Twisters.

Basically, the point of that huge paragraph is to not let b****es get you down!

i did ballet, tap, and jazz (my moms a dance teacher) and another dance instructer wanted me to do some tumbling in our next big performance as a dancing gingerbread. They wanted me to do handsprings as a part of my dance. So, my mom put me in tumbling classes. I LOVED the tumbling and after that performance, I kept doing tumbling and ballet and then a year later I dumped ballet, joined an allstar team with my little sister (who had cheer 3 years before me) and ive been cheering ever since!!

For my CP I put her in t-ball and she hated it. So with her being 5 i thought about her and what she could do- I always thought she would be a good tumbler the way she played around. I was going to put her in gymnastics but I remember when I was a kid I hated the bars and balance beam but loved the floor in gymnastics. So I didn't want to waste my money if she was the same way. So I figured all star cheer would be the alternative. Once she got her back walkover so quickly she instantly started loving every minute. I ask her if she wanted to try basketball or dance once the season was over but her answer was no!!!! I also showed her a gymnastics meet from some colleges on tv one day and I asked her if that would be fun because I didn't wanna make the decision for her and said no she wants to cheer so she can coach& have her own gym. (whom she said she is going to name it after Whitney love and justin Bieber ) haha the mind of a 6 year old!

I started with dance, then when I switched from private school to public in 3rd grade I met a girl named Lauren. I was with her like 24/7 and ended up going to the gym with her and sitting and watching practices. I noticed all her medals and jackets and was amazed, lol. I ended up doing it the next 2 years at the same gym, then switched to another gym that I hoped would be more organized(wrong) and now I'm happily at my "mega" gym.

My mom was sooo not into cheering when I started. She thought it took up too much time and money. NOW she basically loves it more than me haha.

started with gymnastics for 6 years and i got tired of it so i switched!

i was in gymnastics for the longest time but then it became where i was in the gym soo much i was missing out on family activities and i knew i wasn't going to make it to the olympics at this rate. So i told my mom i wanted to do something where i could still tumble but not be in the gym as much and then she put me in allstar cheer! and i love it way more than gymnastics! plus i have family time :)

Well when I went to my Private School for 6th grade they had a middle school cheer team so I tried out and made the team and our cheer coach wanted us to have some tumbling skills so she took us every week to a All Star cheer gym in our area where her son was on their level 5 team and we took tumbling classes and I gained sooo many new skills soo fast and it was something that I really loved to do so one day I saw one of the teams practicing and It was so amazing seeing all the tumbling,jumps,and stunts I just knew that this is what I needed to do so that night I told my parents that I want to do All Star Cheerleading because It was something I was born to do and I was terrible at any other sport that I played and tumbling just came so naturally to me and I was super flexible and small so I could be a flyer then that next season I had started cheer and I have never stopped since!!!! :)

i danced before i ever got into cheer. & one of my friends had a "team" (if you would want to call it that) so he asked me to join at first i didnt want to because i said to my self "ewww me a cheerleader NO WAY!" but i gave it a shot and learned halves, extension, a baskets, and some motions. After a little time i left the team because it was way to unorganized and not what i thought it would be. so i left and joined a real all start team didnt last there either maybe a few weeks. so i didnt do any type of cheer competition until about 3yrs later.. by this time i had taught my self other skills just by watching others/tv.. the time that i didnt cheer i started following all star cheer videos, my first cideo was Shooting Stars worlds 05-06 "LETTTTTT THE SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!"

the rest is history!

Back