All-Star How Did It All Start?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It took me years to get pregnant, so when I found out that I was finally pregnant, I was excited and when I found out that cp was a girl, that excitement double. I start looking into kiddie things for her right away and dance caught my eye. She started dancing at around a year old and did that until she was 3. Then at 3 she went into gymnastic and did that and dance until she was 8. At 8 she had a friend leave gymnastic to do allstar cheer. Her friend kept telling her about it and she begged me to take her to the gym. She fell in love with cheer and we've never looked backed!

When cp was 4, she kept begging to do cheer camp because she had watched the Dallas cowboy cheerleader tryouts on tv and was obsessed. I found a cheer camp at an all star gym that was for ages 5 & up and I lied about her age to get her off my back. It was sideline cheers, motions, jumps and dance. She loved it! She asked to take a "cheer babies" class that started in the fall. After the first class they asked her to be on the show team. It was a joke, most of the kids were 3 and being forced to do it by their parents and spent most of the time running off the mat, spinning in circles, getting in trouble...lol. They didn't do anything beyond a forward roll and They didn't do any stunts. I refused to pay for her to do tumbling because i was so annoyed with it...lol. When tryouts for the next season started she tried out for mini 1 and we never looked back.

Toby Keith's "How Do You Like Me Now" video.

There were cheerleaders doing cartwheels, I was three maybe? I also went to a daycare on a high school campus (my grandma was a teacher) and cheerleaders would walk around in uniform and I always talked to them though the fence and told them they were pretty.

My mom put me in gymnastics at Stars Gymnastics in Bakersfield. I was in a tiny tot class, and level 5 and 6 practiced at the same time as us. They were doing handstand walks for warmups, and I decided their class looked more fun than mine, so I just started doing handstand walks. When we moved, I was put on a gymnastics team that shared a gym with an allstar team, Santa Rosa Elite in 2003-2004.

Then my coach left and started Airborne, and I followed her.

When my daughter was in kindergarten, we got a flyer about a one-day cheer camp put on by the big all-star gym in town. She thought it was going to be stupid until she got there and found out she'd get to perform on stage. The rest, as they say, is history.

When I was very little I always knew that playing sports like basketball, soccer etc. would not be intresting for me. When I was around 6 I started up in gymnastics with a few of my buddies. I really liked it but the main reason why i did was because i loved tumbling. I got good enough to join the gymnastics team but they were on a waiting list. I really wanted to do something on a team and not just a class. My dad one day was looking online at other gymnastics gyms online one day and he came across a website of a new cheer gym opening up near us just 15 min away. That year I did an allstar team and it all started!

Buut in all reality, I cheered on an all star team after I quit cheering in college and started coaching all stars soon after (within 4 months of joining the team but it was at a different gym). Fell in love and 12 years later I'm still coaching but full time instead of part time. Im Blessed. Trust.

I started dance when i was 3 years old and when i got older i played softball, soccer, basketball, and i danced so i was too busy to join the rec cheer team in my city but i always did summer camps. in 7th grade i tried out for school cheer and did that til 8th grade. but in michigan school cheer is veryyy different and since i danced for sooo long (10 years) i missed the dancing. my summer going into 8th grade i found worlds 2008 on tv and watched world cup shooting stars and knew right away this was what i wanted to do. I joined all stars for the 2008-2009 season :)

My CP was taking a dance class at a local kids center. She had done dance, soccer, etc. She saw the cheerleaders in their skirts and said I wanted to try that. 5 months of recreational classes and next thing you know 9 years of all-star cheer and now she is on to try high school cheer. I imagine she will do it forever!

My sister cheered pop warner/park district so naturally, I did too. After I didn't make my high school squad, my mom found an all star team through a woman at work and I tried out and made it.

I started when I was in 1st grade. I thought I really liked basketball and karate...then quit after 2 weeks and joined Pop Warner! My obsession with cheer hasn't ended yet and I'm 22 and now a Coach! :)

Reid said:
whats next lol

What do you mean? There is no next! All star is it's own next lol! The bar is raised every few seconds here. : D

Back