All-Star It's A New Season...what Are You Paying For???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've never heard of this ....... "terms" thing before. How does that work?

CheerBank I actually like this answer better. I know that our tuition payment goes for staff salaries, gym payments, water, power etc and not toward tumbling classes or anything extra like that so the program needs the tuition in full to make their bills. I would however talk to them about the amount you think they owe you and ask them how they want to square that with you. Could be they'll apply it toward another expense or write you a check for the difference. But, if you paid for tumbling that they didn't give you, they owe you in my opinion!!!
I emailed the coach/owner and questioned how this was going to be handled. So far have not heard back.

I've never heard of this ....... "terms" thing before. How does that work?
Schools here in the UK and in Australia operate on a term system not a semester system. Here in the UK:
  • Term 1 - Autumn term, runs September-December, with a 1 week break in the middle (usually around the end of October).
  • Term 2 - Spring Term, runs January - March/April depending when Easter falls, with a 1 week break in the middle (Feb time)
  • Term 3 - Summer term, runs April - July with 1 week break in May/June.
There is a 2 week break between term 1+2, 2 weeks between 2+3 and about 6-7 weeks at the end of the year. A lot of state schools are becoming autonomous and setting their own holiday schedules, but they broadly follow these guidelines. It also becomes tricky around Easter as it is a moveable holiday; sometimes you end up with a short term 2 and a long term 3 or the other way around.

We only train in term time, there are reduced (or extra depending on comps) sessions put on and they are paid separately to the regular fees.

Back