All-Star Jamz Nationals In Vegas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't get the heat towards the team that reported it. Whether they waited until they competed or reported it beforehand, PCM had an illegal athlete on the floor and broke the rules. The coaches didn't know doesn't hold water with me either. That's their job. They failed. The reporting team did nothing wrong. PCM cheated and got caught. They are at fault and all anger should be directed at themselves. Simple mistake or calculated risk, honestly doesn't make a difference.

I don't get the heat towards the team that reported it. Whether they waited until they competed or reported it beforehand, PCM had an illegal athlete on the floor and broke the rules. The coaches didn't know doesn't hold water with me either. That's their job. They failed. The reporting team did nothing wrong. PCM cheated and got caught. They are at fault and all anger should be directed at themselves. Simple mistake or calculated risk, honestly doesn't make a difference.
it is a fact that they had an illegal athlete, but to me personally it does matter if it was intentional! if karma would have done it intentionally, i would have lost respect for them, but i also understand that mistakes happen and i can understand the urgency of finding an athlete to fill in in time!

you tell em!!! cheaters never win - winners never cheat..

it is a fact that they had an illegal athlete, but to me personally it does matter if it was intentional! if karma would have done it intentionally, i would have lost respect for them, but i also understand that mistakes happen and i can understand the urgency of finding an athlete to fill in in time!
I have been in the situation of finding an athlete before warmup is over. Guess what...never used an under/over aged athlete. Mistakes happen, yes, but when you just cost your team a bid, got yourselves DQ'd and announced to the world that you cheated, how am I supposed to think the reporting team is the bad guy in this situation? In a bid situation, you can't screw that up.

I have been in the situation of finding an athlete before warmup is over. Guess what...never used an under/over aged athlete. Mistakes happen, yes, but when you just cost your team a bid, got yourselves DQ'd and announced to the world that you cheated, how am I supposed to think the reporting team is the bad guy in this situation? In a bid situation, you can't screw that up.
but do you think that if they would have beaten karma they would have still reported them?

but do you think that if they would have beaten karma they would have still reported them?
Well, since I don't know the team, I have no idea. If it was me, yes, I would've still reported them.

Wouldn't that be the first question out of a coaches mouth that is scrambling for someone as a replacement? These are not first time coaches we are talking about-these are seasoned coaches. I'm sorry but I'm not buying that this was a 'mixup'.
im gonna guess the coach simply asked if the athlete was 15, and possibly forgot to ask if she had been before august 31 2012. just my guess!

The reporting team couldn't report anything until they actually stepped on the mat. What would they say : " Hey, they are going to compete with an illegal athlete when they compete against us in an hour"??? They really can't do anything until it's actually done. There's nothing shady about saying that something the other team did was not following the rules that everyone else followed and got 'said' score, when we got a lower 'said' score by following them!! What's fair is fair...

Imagine how the girl that was underage and pulled in last minute is feeling right now...it may not have been her fault but she probably feels terrible since the team got disqualified.
I do believe the coaches should have made sure to check the age but I also feel that the team that reported Karma should have done it before they competed...whether or not it's primarily PCM's fault, there's no reason the other gym would have waited unless they purposely wanted Karma out of the running and that's a terrible display of sportsmanship.

im gonna guess the coach simply asked if the athlete was 15, and possibly forgot to ask if she had been before august 31 2012. just my guess!

I just don't see how a seasoned coach could make that mistake though. I'm on an open 6 team and the first thing I ask when someone says they're 17 is "When is your birthday?" It's not really that hard to remember.

Also, if it were ME, I would probably wait until I saw the team actually compete with an illegal athlete before tattling on them. Plus, if it happened in warmups, what's the time window they would have had to actually file that complaint?

Imagine how the girl that was underage and pulled in last minute is feeling right now...it may not have been her fault but she probably feels terrible since the team got disqualified.
I do believe the coaches should have made sure to check the age but I also feel that the team that reported Karma should have done it before they competed...whether or not it's primarily PCM's fault, there's no reason the other gym would have waited unless they purposely wanted Karma out of the running and that's a terrible display of sportsmanship.
i think you got that sportsmanship thing a little mixed up. The terrible display of sportsmanship is when a team breaks the rules....

She wasn't pulled last minute, someone said she's on fantasy and fantasy didnt compete this weekend. A lot of people knew she was performing on Karma today , I think the mistake was on not checking the rules, but I agree it should have been checked

Back