All-Star Jewish Holidays And Missing Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was just at a First Communion party that had a stiltwalker, a magician, a Ringling Brothers clown, a balloon maker and a dj. I have to say it was a ton of fun ;)
My parents are poor, so I got jewelry for my religious achievements (granted it was stupid for them to get me anything for confirmation as I didn't want it and spent the entire time apologizing to Jesus about it). I've seen different levels of 'celebration.'

Granted I live in NYC. I don't even wanna know what some of these 'Upper East' religious parties look like..

I was just at a First Communion party that had a stiltwalker, a magician, a Ringling Brothers clown, a balloon maker and a dj. I have to say it was a ton of fun ;)

I had cake at mine.

We actually had practice on Easter this year.

Many moons ago my ex-cp and pre-cp (he hadn't started cheering yet) missed their first communion because we were at Jamfest Nationals that weekend at a travel comp.

The priest did it special for them the following Sunday at mass.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's dedication that I don't have. My CP would've been at their one and only first holy communion.

All I got on my communion was a styrofoam wafer and a sip of cheap wine.

whatttt we weren't allowed to have the wine... not even a sip.

i think my family went out for brunch after mine? that was it. nothing fancy. though i did get my favorite pearl rosary that still hangs on my mirror in my room. and my first claddagh ring and celtic trinity knot necklace (yay being an irish kid! hahah) i still have the ring, but it doesn't even fit on my pinky anymore. advice: don't invest in real jewelry for your 7 year old.

whatttt we weren't allowed to have the wine... not even a sip.

i think my family went out for brunch after mine? that was it. nothing fancy. though i did get my favorite pearl rosary that still hangs on my mirror in my room. and my first claddagh ring and celtic trinity knot necklace (yay being an irish kid! hahah) i still have the ring, but it doesn't even fit on my pinky anymore. advice: don't invest in real jewelry for your 7 year old.

Are you Catholic? That's really odd there was no wine...

yup. Roman Catholic. there was wine on the alter and the priest had some, but we were not allowed to have any. just a host.

bizarre. it's not like they'd prohibit you from receiving it during regular Mass...was this during some kind of flu outbreak? I know my church at school stopped doing wine (and sign of peace) during the h1n1 epidemic.

bizarre. it's not like they'd prohibit you from receiving it during regular Mass...was this during some kind of flu outbreak? I know my church at school stopped doing wine (and sign of peace) during the h1n1 epidemic.
Does. Not. Compute. That's very odd

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

agreed. the church we went to at the time was HUGE.. like all the kids making communion had to be broken into two sessions, each with about 100. so maybe it was just volume of people?

idk, i thought it was odd, too, because we had a rehearsal the night before where we practiced with bread and fruit punch or some other red chemical drink... so they prepared us for it. but it never happened. i even double checked my video (yes i still have it, i was selected to read during the ceremony :p lol)

Back