All-Star Kudos/brag Post!! Add Yours Too!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This may seem really basic to some people but I recently just perfected my cartwheel, and my roundoff. Now I'm working on getting a roundoff back handspring. :)
Not basic at all .. It's taking forever for noah to get the perfect cartwheel & roundoff . Some days he's got it some days he just bends those legs .. Lol I think it's just gonna happen one day magically [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may seem really basic to some people but I recently just perfected my cartwheel, and my roundoff. Now I'm working on getting a roundoff back handspring. :)
Congratulations! It takes time to perfect each one of these signature skills. Proud of you for taking the time to perfect it rather than rushing thru only to have to come back later and fix it.

On saturday we had our first competition and it was just a small one at a local high school. I'm on a sr 3 team and I broke my hand a week before we started full outs....aaaaaaaand my first full out was on the competition floor:p. I got my tuck back two days before the competition. I did miss one of my round off tucks, because I knew in my round off i wasn't gonna land it, but besides that, i threw all of them and my stunts all hit!!!

I still don't know how I didn't scare myself out of them.... :cheering:

This past weekend in Omaha Nebraska, the gym I coach at took home six first place wins, one second place, four US Finals paid bids, two grand champion awards, and one best choreography (and it was for one of my teams and I did their routine so I was pretty excited). We had a really awesome weekend!

My Junior 1 kids are all upper mini/youth aged with the exception of our three 12 year olds so I love seeing them hold their own in a tough division with teams that are usually quite a bit older than they are! They were second in line for high point but it was pretty close, so they still managed to grab a bid.

And my youth 2 got grand champion, high point out of 27 level 2 teams and got a paid bid to US Finals. Almost all of these kids were new to level 2 at the start of the season and that was the first time they really "hit" their routine all season. There was one basket that didn't go but they still won even with missing .8 so I was so excited for them! They've just been lacking a lot of confidence because they're a brand new team but I think they've finally got it! I have never been so proud of my teams in my life.

c4c2ca78fe37625bb218539834112a60.jpg

I just have to brag on how proud I am of my gym this weekend for a minute! We're a first year gym but most girls came from another gym where we literally never won. This past weekend we competed in Stl. Our senior 2 and senior 3 both came off the floor feeling like it wasn't their best performance but both took home first! Senior 2 had a zero deduction routine and had been super close to first several times this year so to see them finally get that win was awesome! Senior 3 had one tumbling touch (.25) and still won by almost a full point! We have 4 teams but our tinies are exhibition, so 2/3 teams took home first in divisions with tough competition :) It's not an NCA win but it's exciting for a tiny gym with about 45 athletes! We only take teams to US Finals with first place or paid bids, so before this it was just Senior 3 going and was senior 2's last chance to get a bid - so now they get to go with us! I'm so proud of our gym in their first year and it's been a great way to end my cheer career - the best season I've had since my first season for sure :cloud9:

Not really huge because these aren't new skills but this is a video she made a few weeks ago. (Which is why that music was chosen)

Anyways I'm only sharing because her fulls have came a long ways.
There are 4 clips in the video
The first clip was several months ago at least and it's just a running full.. But notice her legs and feet are horrible.

The next video is from a week or so ago. She finally figured out how to put her feet together in her full. She wants to work doubles pretty badly but she only really works tumbling during open gym and sometimes in a tumbling class. They told her they wouldn't until she got her feet together and laid it out more but they still want her setting more before the twist since she isn't going up first so not quite yet but I told her that this is huge progress .. And to not be discouraged.
The coach said that once she gets that down doubling wouldn't be an issue at all but she is impatient.

The next video is her 3 to full when she first started doing it and then the next one was also last week. I'm so happy the ugly balls of death are fading.

So nothing big or new just trying to improve technique! (now if she wouldn't have learned her BHS with feet apart we would be all set)

I coach a youth level 1 rec team. The program had never been to a two day competition, and we were very excited to go to Battle at the Capitol. Unfortunately there were no other youth 1 rec teams on the schedule. That is not a battle - why would you want to be handed the title "national champions"? I decided to bump the team up to junior 1 so that they could face some competition. Then we lost two girls less than a week ago (two of my strongest back spots) for this comp... And we have no ability to have fill ins because my 20 girls are all we have (and, with 20, we had five stunt groups in our elite section and pyramid). So we reworked the routine completely in less than a week.

They crushed their competition this weekend (eta - crushed it as in did very well, not crushed the kids who were their competitors). National champions.

Don't ever settle for the victory that is handed to you when you can truly compete with passion - you might just win:
2a7wps9.jpg

Last edited:
I coach a youth level 1 rec team. The program had never been to a two day competition, and we were very excited to go to Battle at the Capitol. Unfortunately there were no other youth 1 rec teams on the schedule. That is not a battle - why would you want to be handed the title "national champions"? I decided to bump the team up to junior 1 so that they could face some competition. Then we lost two girls less than a week ago (two of my strongest back spots) for this comp... And we have no ability to have fill ins because my 20 girls are all we have (and, with 20, we had five stunt groups in our elite section and pyramid). So we reworked the routine completely in less than a week.

They crushed their competition this weekend. National champions. Don't ever settle for the victory that is handed to you when you can truly compete with passion - you might just win:
2a7wps9.jpg
Yayyyyy. Did I see a video circulating?

**If you spend $700 to chase a Paid bid was it really worth your money**

They crushed their competition this weekend. National champions. Don't ever settle for the victory that is handed to you when you can truly compete with passion - you might just win:
2a7wps9.jpg
Congratulations to you and your team! I am so happy that you moved them up a division so that they had competition. You are teaching them some very valuable life lessons. Big kudos to you!!

"You are only responsible for being honest, not for someone else's reaction to your honesty."

Last edited:
Don't ever settle for the victory that is handed to you when you can truly compete with passion - you might just win:

Congrats Coach! You have taught them one of the main things that parents hope our children will learn in sports. Experiences like this, are the ones stay with them forever. Good job!

I am so proud of my team this past weekend. Most know I didn't make a team at the beginning of the year due to where I live and when I moved I finally found a team about an hour away. Well we have had a bit of a rough time with most being new to the sport and quite a few set backs with one team member being pulled a week before comp. We performed our best routine and have never seen then fight so flipping hard for everything. We did get deducted for an illegal stunt which we were not aware of and was a bit subjective but we still came 4th out of 7. It was a massive confident boost and hopefully when we next compete in may it will be even better!

I did a video tryout with my friend for our school cheer tryouts last week because we were in Vegas. We found out right after we performed Saturday the results. We are also both going to be sophomores. I made jv football cheer and she made varsity and we were both so happy! Glad we got to share the experience. I just had to brag about her being the ONLY sophomore to make varsity sorry haha and as for me I'm excited to be on jv with my other friend that isn't doing allstar cheer anymore so it worked out for everyone:)

Back