All-Star Larger Gyms At Local Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What some of you consider a smal gym is a little off...I cheered at a gym for 3 years, and we had 50 girls at the MOST, and 24 at the smallest. 3 teams at the most, 2 at the least. And we were pretty kick butt. Is it annoying to lose to gyms with 100+ athletes? yes, but its not a gym that wins, it's the athletes.

haha right? senior year my team was 11 girls. and we were the only team in the gym.

Any given day anyone can win. That's the bottom line. I know at WC the CPs get excited to go against another big gym .I have never heard my CPs say "big gym is here we're going to lose". They feel they are going to win every time they compete. Do you gage your competition by the size of their gym. I find that ridiculous. If your intimidated by a gyms name, you lost before hit the floor. Confidence is huge. That goes for the parents too. The kids can read you. You could bring your CP down with a losing attitude.

we competed against your VA beach gym this past weekend ...and let me say it wasn't easy. we are a smaller gym, but it helps push us so we can get on your level. our s3 placed 2nd to yours and (much to our suprise ) our small senior restricted got 1st...it's our gyms first year having a level five and to even be against you guys was an honor... you guys keep doing what your doing ...you help give smaller gyms the drive to be better:)
;) great job!!!!

Love how so many think that ACE just walks on the floor and is successful. ACE generally does well, but if anyone thinks we win everything, they aren't paying attention. The kids and coaches work hard every day to get better.

And ACE hasn't always been a large gym. When my daughter started cheering there (and I started coaching), they had been in existence 3 years. The first two years, all they had were 8 rolls of flat mat and they carried it from location to location so they could practice. Everyone got a phone call at the first of the week to know where practice would be that week.

But Happy had a big dream and he kept hiring people that shared that dream. He's worked his butt off over the years to keep getting better despite bumps in the road every year. And not every location has been successful. It's a shame but it happens in life and business.

So, if you're small, it's time to think through some things. Maybe you want to stay small and compete in a specific niche. Or maybe you want to get bigger but only be all girl. Or only all coed. Or maybe you want to develop a succesful gym by being the best level 1-4 gym around and "feed" kids to a larger gym down the road.

Or maybe you want to grow and be the next huge gym and take down WC, CEA, ACE, etc.

Whatever you want, you're not going to get it by whining all the time. You have to work harder, think bigger and be more creative than the next guy.

Love how so many think that ACE just walks on the floor and is successful. ACE generally does well, but if anyone thinks we win everything, they aren't paying attention. The kids and coaches work hard every day to get better.

And ACE hasn't always been a large gym. When my daughter started cheering there (and I started coaching), they had been in existence 3 years. The first two years, all they had were 8 rolls of flat mat and they carried it from location to location so they could practice. Everyone got a phone call at the first of the week to know where practice would be that week.

But Happy had a big dream and he kept hiring people that shared that dream. He's worked his butt off over the years to keep getting better despite bumps in the road every year. And not every location has been successful. It's a shame but it happens in life and business.

So, if you're small, it's time to think through some things. Maybe you want to stay small and compete in a specific niche. Or maybe you want to get bigger but only be all girl. Or only all coed. Or maybe you want to develop a succesful gym by being the best level 1-4 gym around and "feed" kids to a larger gym down the road.

Or maybe you want to grow and be the next huge gym and take down WC, CEA, ACE, etc.

Whatever you want, you're not going to get it by whining all the time. You have to work harder, think bigger and be more creative than the next guy.

I'm confused as to who ACE is. If ACE is a large gym, then why is our small gym competing against them at NCA? The location on the scheduled shows that they are in TN. Is this a different gym then the one that you are referring to? When I search for ACE on the schedule there are a ton in different cities and states. Are they one large organization that has several locations and some of them are considered small?

I'm confused as to who ACE is. If ACE is a large gym, then why is our small gym competing against them at NCA? The location on the scheduled shows that they are in TN. Is this a different gym then the one that you are referring to? When I search for ACE on the schedule there are a ton in different cities and states. Are they one large organization that has several locations and some of them are considered small?

ACE Cheer Company

ACE has several locations, two of them in Tennessee. As to how they register at competitions based on location or general populations strength you would need to ask ACEDAD. The rules may allow them to enter as small gym because that team is technically from that one location with no crossovers from other locations. Again to the specifics I just don't know.

ACE has multiple locations. The primary owners are Happy Hooper and JR Zeringue. There may be some others, I don't know. As to how the registration is done; I can't answer because I was only responsible for registering my special needs team, Bows & Arrows, before my retirement last year. As tumbleyoda said, there may be an exception for a specific location.

Back