All-Star Late Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not really sure. I was just thinking out loud. LOL

I've been wondering for a few years why there weren't already discounts when things arrived late and it was obviously the companies fault. I knew more than one parent who deducted it from their tuition.

I've been wondering for a few years why there weren't already discounts when things arrived late and it was obviously the companies fault. I knew more than one parent who deducted it from their tuition.
I think the discount never happened because Varsity knows that the gyms need them, so they somewhat have them backed up against a wall. If the owner says they want a discount and won't pay the full amount it will just get added anyways to a bill that they would have to pay before they compete a varsity event. So varsity wins out.

Did anyone hear from their gym about a "new design and prototype process" with Varisty that caused delays as well? This was one of the reasons we were given for the delay this season. Unfortunately, I'm not buying it because we had issues with our last new uniform from them as well. And it wasn't a timing issue on the part of the gym. Our athletes were all fitted the first weekend in June, and according to our program manager, the original designs were submitted in July.

We are heading into our 4th competition of the season this weekend with no uniforms. I know that there are a lot of unhappy parents right now and I wouldn't be surprised if the question of discounting the uniform has already been raised. This is literally almost halfway through our season now. I don't think a discount would be unreasonable.

Apparently, the uniforms are supposed to be in hand tomorrow, but obviously with teams competing tomorrow, there's no time to hand anything out.
Simply unacceptable. Hope you get them today.
I also think it is the ultimate responsibility of the gym to negotiate this discount and then make sure they pass it down to the parents.

I think the discount never happened because Varsity knows that the gyms need them, so they somewhat have them backed up against a wall. If the owner says they want a discount and won't pay the full amount it will just get added anyways to a bill that they would have to pay before they compete a varsity event. So varsity wins out.

There is always a way to negotiate a fair deal. If it is the final payment after deposit then don't make the final payment. If the company tries to say "no payment, you don't get your uniforms", then spend a creative season with your own homemade uniforms or something else. If you don't want to do that then it should reflect by you not providing your business to that company the following year. If you pay full price price from any business that provides their service at a much later date than promised then you are condoning that behavior and asking for it to happen year after year like it is right now to many people.

CheerBank is right, this is the gym owner's responsibility to communicate with the uniform company, not the parents. But the parents have to communicate their opinion if the gym owner does not negotiate a compensation, does not pass it on to the parents if they got one, or does nothing and continues to do business with the same company every year.

Did anyone hear from their gym about a "new design and prototype process" with Varisty that caused delays as well? This was one of the reasons we were given for the delay this season. Unfortunately, I'm not buying it because we had issues with our last new uniform from them as well. And it wasn't a timing issue on the part of the gym. Our athletes were all fitted the first weekend in June, and according to our program manager, the original designs were submitted in July.

We are heading into our 4th competition of the season this weekend with no uniforms. I know that there are a lot of unhappy parents right now and I wouldn't be surprised if the question of discounting the uniform has already been raised. This is literally almost halfway through our season now. I don't think a discount would be unreasonable.

Apparently, the uniforms are supposed to be in hand tomorrow, but obviously with teams competing tomorrow, there's no time to hand anything out.
BuegeSmalls just told us she is still seeing no UA uniforms at the competion today. At this point I would definitely agree that the Big V needs to be giving a discount in the price - like 50%. Especially if the order was placed as early as stated. And maybe find a different vendor next year...

BuegeSmalls just told us she is still seeing no UA uniforms at the competion today. At this point I would definitely agree that the Big V needs to be giving a discount in the price - like 50%. Especially if the order was placed as early as stated. And maybe find a different vendor next year...

Ugh I just asked Kiki! They're still not in them? So this is the THIRD competition without them? I think at this point I'd cancel my order, demand a full refund, and make do without. They'd get as much attention for taking a stand as they would for the new uniforms at this point - and they're a huge gym, so it would make the point quite clearly. Find a new vendor, get new uniforms for Worlds and use them next season for program unis. No way would we tolerate this in any other area of our lives. Why do we tolerate it from these uniform companies???

Yup, I've seen several girls walking around in the mesh tops, but they were younger aged. Maybe we will suprised and their level 5's will have them on? Wishful thinking....

Ugh I just asked Kiki! They're still not in them? So this is the THIRD competition without them? I think at this point I'd cancel my order, demand a full refund, and make do without. They'd get as much attention for taking a stand as they would for the new uniforms at this point - and they're a huge gym, so it would make the point quite clearly. Find a new vendor, get new uniforms for Worlds and use them next season for program unis. No way would we tolerate this in any other area of our lives. Why do we tolerate it from these uniform companies???
I think it's the fourth. Which is just about half-way through the season, as she mentioned. 50% discount is appropriate.

Knowing what has happened this year NOBODY should give the company that should be referred to as "Manufacturer who never not lives up to promises made..." more than a 25% deposit. Unfortunately they are very powerful and as long as gyms continue to use them and then get stuck with no recourse available...they will continue to thrive.

I know people are careful about using company names. I think that bashing any company or gym is wrong. Reporting bad experiences, so long as you are suing facts is sometimes relevant. In this case I think it's ok to say GK/Varsity/Shark suits made our uniforms and this is what happened. . .

I know people are careful about using company names. I think that bashing any company or gym is wrong. Reporting bad experiences, so long as you are suing facts is sometimes relevant. In this case I think it's ok to say GK/Varsity/Shark suits made our uniforms and this is what happened. . .
I think most of the companies have been named here. The posts where they are not referenced are more deliberate tongue-in-cheek sarcasm.

I think you are absolutely right but make no mistake about it...Varsity is a powerful company that is far reaching into all aspects of cheer. I am not so sure how willing I would be to blast them publicly. #justsayin'

I just looked at the schedule for UA. This is competition # 4 and there are 9 more on the list. Of that 9, I think 4 are split where some teams go to one, other teams go to the other (NCA/Cheersport, UCA/Worlds). So if this schedule plays out there are 7 more competitions left for most teams. I'd be one of 'those' moms pitching a fit, so maybe it's a good thing Jac didn't get to do Open team this year.

cheercurl, I totally agree that people are afraid to poke the bear, especially owners and coaches. But as Just-a-Mom says, that is exactly why the industry continues to experience these frustrations that don't seem to make any business sense. I believe this is one way parents can help - by speaking out like they are here and exposing these practices.

As long as the gyms tolerate it, it will continue to happen. And as long as parents continue to tolerate it, gyms will continue to tolerate it.
Just quoting myself here...(I put this in the new uniforms thread, but it probably belonged here).

Back