All-Star Match Play

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 11, 2011
Has anyone gone to a competition where they do match play. I love it we took are teams to American celebration in Salt Lake City, Utah. It was super intense and alot of fun we are going to that nationals again next weekend and cant wait. I was wondering everyone thoughts on the match play???

In match play all teams in the division compete once and then top 2 in each division are called. Both teams head back to warm ups & compete again head to head. Coin toss decides who goes first, score sheets are completely erased and final placement is announced immediately after teams finish. It is fun to compete & watch!

I was also wondering what it was...haha that sounds really interesting. We did something like this in high school, but it was with the top 4. I always liked the clean slate since my team was always a little jittery in the first round and if there were touch downs those were automatically taken out for the 2nd round and we usually had zero deductions for the 2nd round!

The last time we did it was in Atlantic City about six or seven years ago. It was pretty fun - except that we were the last team to go and the match-up was right after. We were the first to go in the match, too, so the kids were exhausted. I feared for their safety ... but it was exciting for the crowd.

The match play we do doesnt happen until 2 hours after the compete the first time.

I heard something about this a couple of months ago but never seen it. Isn't varsity starting a new brand and all their comps will be like this? I feel like I got an email about it but obviously didn't pay attention!

I heard something about this a couple of months ago but never seen it. Isn't varsity starting a new brand and all their comps will be like this? I feel like I got an email about it but obviously didn't pay attention!

The company we are going to is american championship

The last time we did it was in Atlantic City about six or seven years ago. It was pretty fun - except that we were the last team to go and the match-up was right after. We were the first to go in the match, too, so the kids were exhausted. I feared for their safety ... but it was exciting for the crowd.

I remember those days!! It was fun, but also a bit disconcerning- those kids were exhausted, but they did what they had to do to make it exciting for all to watch!

Back