All-Star Mid Atlantic Cheer--wildwood, Nj 3/5-3/6

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If anyone is curious as to the attendees. The schedule is posted:

This event is offering 6 worlds bids: 2paid/4at large. Surprisingly there are only 12 worlds teams competing. Some of those teams already have an at large and the Island Extreme team has a paid bid. So the bids should be plentiful this weekend.

State All Stars SM5
Extreme Stars SM 5
All Star Legacy SM 5

All Star One M5
NJ Spirit Explosion M4

North Shore Cheer Explosion SC5
Island Extreme SC5
CC Champs SC5

CDAX SMIOC5
All Star Legacy SMIOC5

Valley Elite IOC large Coed
State All Stars IOC large Coed

I know last year the two paid bids went to CC Champs and Island Extreme. Interested to see who will get them this year.

I know last year the two paid bids went to CC Champs and Island Extreme. Interested to see who will get them this year.
Well I'll be curious to see if Island Xtreme is going for a new bid under IOC. They were Small Coed and now appear to be going International. That would be something wouldn't it?

If anyone is curious as to the attendees. The schedule is posted:

This event is offering 6 worlds bids: 2paid/4at large. Surprisingly there are only 12 worlds teams competing. Some of those teams already have an at large and the Island Extreme team has a paid bid. So the bids should be plentiful this weekend.

State All Stars SM5
Extreme Stars SM 5
All Star Legacy SM 5

All Star One M5
NJ Spirit Explosion M4

North Shore Cheer Explosion SC5
Island Extreme SC5
CC Champs SC5

CDAX SMIOC5
All Star Legacy SMIOC5

Valley Elite IOC large Coed
State All Stars IOC large Coed

Island Xtreme has a FP under SMCOED not INTERNATIONAL. Is that a typo or are they going for another paid bid?

Island Xtreme has a FP under SMCOED not INTERNATIONAL. Is that a typo or are they going for another paid bid?

I noticed this change this morning. I printed the schedule yesterdy and Island Xtreme was listed as a SMCOED and it was changed to International coed sometime after I printed the schedule. They already have a FP bid as a
SMCOED using this event producer at a different event correct?

My guess is that they are going for a 2nd FP bid or the schedule change was a typo.

Well I'll be curious to see if Island Xtreme is going for a new bid under IOC. They were Small Coed and now appear to be going International. That would be something wouldn't it?

I sure hope it's a typo and not the same team looking for another FP bid from the same event producer. I can see this getting to be a very suspect event before we even arrive in NJ!!!!

If anyone knows how to upload a document and can tell me I'll post the original schedule I saved from yesterday showing the change.

If they do go for another paid bid, their previous one would be passed down to one of the AL bid winners from CheerTech:

1. All Star One Big Bang - Medium Senior 5
  2. CNY Storm Warning - Medium Senior 5
  3. NY Icons - Small Senior 5
  4. Platinum Athletics Cheer (NY) PAC5 - Medium Senior 5

If they do go for another paid bid, their previous one would be passed down to one of the AL bid winners from CheerTech:

Unless they will now have 2 Worlds teams? With this competition nothing would surprise me.

But if they are competing as an International team they would still keep the SMCOED bid right? Why would that get passed down if they are competing under a different division.

But if they are competing as an International team they would still keep the SMCOED bid right? Why would that get passed down if they are competing under a different division.

It really comes down to whether or not this is the same team. Are they trying to send two teams to worlds? Or did they decide to add a few 18+ athletes to their team and go international instead of SMCOED? If they're switching divisions they can't keep their bid in the other division. You can only compete at worlds in the division you got your bid in. So if it's the same team and they get a paid bid in international, that would replace the SMCOED one. If they only get an AL bid, they might decide to decline it and go to worlds SMCOED on their paid bid.

That being said, if they are trying to send two teams, there are strict rules this year about crossovers and paid bids. If their international gets paid, anyone that's double competing with IOSC5 and SMCOED5 will only be allowed to compete at worlds with the last team they got paid with - international.

Unless they will now have 2 Worlds teams? With this competition nothing would surprise me.

True, but as I mentioned, keep in mind the new rules this year about crossovers and paid bids. They can't double compete a bunch of athletes to get two paid bids. The athletes would only be eligible to compete with the last team to get paid.

It really comes down to whether or not this is the same team. Are they trying to send two teams to worlds? Or did they decide to add a few 18+ athletes to their team and go international instead of SMCOED? If they're switching divisions they can't keep their bid in the other division. You can only compete at worlds in the division you got your bid in. So if it's the same team and they get a paid bid in international, that would replace the SMCOED one. If they only get an AL bid, they might decide to decline it and go to worlds SMCOED on their paid bid.

That being said, if they are trying to send two teams, there are strict rules this year about crossovers and paid bids. If their international gets paid, anyone that's double competing with IOSC5 and SMCOED5 will only be allowed to compete at worlds with the last team they got paid with - international.

Ok thanks for the clarification. So it most likely is a different team considered the restrictions on crossovers in place.

Ok thanks for the clarification. So it most likely is a different team considered the restrictions on crossovers in place.

I don't know where they magically got all the extra worlds athletes to make a second team at this point in the season though. I don't think it's a second team at all. They probably have some overage athletes they wanted to add to the team, and since we all know how bids go at these events, probably figured they had a good chance of getting a second paid bid to switch divisions for worlds.

I don't know where they magically got all the extra worlds athletes to make a second team at this point in the season though. I don't think it's a second team at all. They probably have some overage athletes they wanted to add to the team, and since we all know how bids go at these events, probably figured they had a good chance of getting a second paid bid to switch divisions for worlds.

Well this sucks for those teams who were competing this weekend without bids who had a really good shot at getting one. Now it looks like there will be 1 less bid available for the other teams to count on.

Back