All-Star Nca 2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Most gyms (we included) requested NCA room blocks months ago (before last season even ended) so although we arent at the Omni (I wish) we are only 2-3 miles away... Last year we were 10 miles away so this is a piece of cake..

Has anyone used the DART rail to get to the convention center? Do you recommend it? For anyone that drove down to the convention center, how is public parking availability? How far away did you have to park, a few blocks or a few miles? I'm assuming parking is probably in the $25-35 range, is that in the ballpark?
I have always parked, granted no matter what team my kid has been on she has always been the lucky one that goes first in the morning.

Last year we were the first ones at the convention center.

6256071a8ec6914a6e146670a6cb63b3.jpg

We had a 5AM meet time lol and the only way in the convention center that early is thru the parking garage connected which I was absolutely closest to the elevator.

I want to say it's only like 10-12$

I remember leaving in the middle of the day one Sunday to take someone to the airport and of course I had to pay to get back in but it couldn't have been too expensive or I wouldn't have done it.

So parking is close and easy long as the garage is open. But even then you won't be parking miles away even if you don't get in the garage.

Most people rely on hotel shuttles or being walking distance or they don't have cars so parking isn't a huge thing there.

I have been in hotels with shuttles but those never start before like 8AM so I'm always unable to use them:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the DART rail to get to the convention center? Do you recommend it? For anyone that drove down to the convention center, how is public parking availability? How far away did you have to park, a few blocks or a few miles? I'm assuming parking is probably in the $25-35 range, is that in the ballpark?
I would recommend the DART. No traffic, there is a stop right at the convention center and its $5 for a day pass. When I still cheered i ALWAYS took the DART, even living 20 minutes from Dallas. Much easier than finding parking and no worries about being late - it's pretty good about being on schedule.

We've been going to NCA for 10 years and the furthest I've had to park was maybe 6-8 blocks away. Sometimes I try for the convention center garage, but unless you meet really early or really late, the line to get in (if it's not full) is usually so long I give up. Parking is typically $10-15 per day both in the cc garage and in surrounding lots. Hotels in downtown will run $20-25/day for parking. I've never ridden DART, but I'm seriously considering it for this year - especially if the weather is bad!

If I'm traveling 6 miles would it be better to drive or dart? I mapped it and taking dart would take us an hour to get to cc, driving it would take 8 minutes. We would really prefer not to drive if there is a storm. The dart stop is a 3 minute walk from our Hotel, would I want to walk that with teenagers? [emoji15] I heard it can be dangerous to walk since the streets have ice. Also with rental cars, can I wait to I arrive at Dallas to rent one? I would prefer to rent one months in advance but don't want to get stuck with fees if I have to cancel the car because we decide to use dart.

We rode the DART from downtown Dallas last year straight to the airport and it was under $2 per person. It takes you straight into the airport, too. We will definitely be using DART from airport to downtown this year again. Our hotel is walking distance from venue.

Oh lawd, I want to change my hotel!! So the Omni is the hotel connected to the cc?? And probably no chance in Hades of getting a room there? Do they ever open up extra rooms? Is there a waiting list? How much is a room? $500 a night? (Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me.) sigh....

Oh lawd, I want to change my hotel!! So the Omni is the hotel connected to the cc?? And probably no chance in Hades of getting a room there? Do they ever open up extra rooms? Is there a waiting list? How much is a room? $500 a night? (Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me.) sigh....
I think the rooms were around $350, try calling they might have one! The Hyatt still has rooms and its 0.5 miles from cc

If I'm traveling 6 miles would it be better to drive or dart? I mapped it and taking dart would take us an hour to get to cc, driving it would take 8 minutes. We would really prefer not to drive if there is a storm. The dart stop is a 3 minute walk from our Hotel, would I want to walk that with teenagers? [emoji15] I heard it can be dangerous to walk since the streets have ice. Also with rental cars, can I wait to I arrive at Dallas to rent one? I would prefer to rent one months in advance but don't want to get stuck with fees if I have to cancel the car because we decide to use dart.

If you have a Costco membership, they have great prices and no fee to cancel. I've reserved cars and then changed them several times as the time came closer and my plans or their prices change.

Rent through Costco. No fees if you cancel

We stayed at the Sheraton last year and the DART station was across the street. DART is a great transportation system and very convenient to the CC. With the ice and snow last year, it was a life saver for a lot of people. Because of the snow, it was free for most of the weekend.

Ok NCA newbie here and I'm just lost now.... staying at the sheraton which says its 6 mins from CC in car... what is the dart... is that like a train service? should i consider it?

We stayed at the Sheraton last year and the DART station was across the street. DART is a great transportation system and very convenient to the CC. With the ice and snow last year, it was a life saver for a lot of people. Because of the snow, it was free for most of the weekend.

We were near a station last year but because of how bad the ice was on the sidewalks, I didn't want to risk the walk! Seriously, it was crazy out for this California girl and her cp!! Just trying to get to the car was scary for us.

Latest posts

Back