All-Star Nca 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And coaches that coach multiple teams in different levels (I used to coach a sr, tiny, and special needs) will have to travel twice, doubling the cost to the gyms, and not allowing them to practice with their other teams. I see it being a mess. Usually I'm all for NCA (it's one of my favorite comps/EPs), but this is one of the first times I've SMH at one of their choices.

One of the first things I thought of (after school days missed). Take Stingrays as an example, since they send all their teams. Gym has to close Thursday so families/coaches can start traveling to Dallas. Most coaches have multiple teams/levels, so they will need to be there the entire time. Families with more than 1 child, across different levels will need to be there the entire time. Competition ends Monday. Tuesday will be a travel home day. So it's actually 4 days the gym is potentially closed...slightly better than 5, but still not good.
Thank you.

Going to get a royal pain for our families with a tiny and youth or tiny and any other athletes cheering. That's an additional flight to Dallas.

I think we need to hold on before we jump off the cliff. Tiny and Mini divisions at NCA weren't that large to begin with and most of the teams in those division were from TX or OK. This change will probably mean that programs from out of state that brought their Tiny and Mini teams now won't and I think NCA is ok with that or they wouldn't have made the change. Also the vast majority of families have 1 athlete in cheer. This means the number of days spent in a hotel doesn't change for them. Am I extremely biased because I live in the DFW area and it doesn't make that much of a difference whether it is 2,3, or 4 days? Absolutely. But I think if this was going to negatively affect NCA in a large way they wouldn't have made this change. Kudos to them for figuring out how to work with what they have.

I think we need to hold on before we jump off the cliff. Tiny and Mini divisions at NCA weren't that large to begin with and most of the teams in those division were from TX or OK. This change will probably mean that programs from out of state that brought their Tiny and Mini teams now won't and I think NCA is ok with that or they wouldn't have made the change. Also the vast majority of families have 1 athlete in cheer. This means the number of days spent in a hotel doesn't change for them. Am I extremely biased because I live in the DFW area and it doesn't make that much of a difference whether it is 2,3, or 4 days? Absolutely. But I think if this was going to negatively affect NCA in a large way they wouldn't have made this change. Kudos to them for figuring out how to work with what they have.

At our gym it's pretty common for families to have more than 1 athlete. Just on CP's team I can think of families who have all 3 and 4 kids on a team. As for the changes, I'm sure NCA room some things into consideration but it's not just parents expressing dissatisfaction so I think that speaks volumes. We will see come next year whether this works or not. If it doesn't, I imagine 2018 will be very different.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

I wonder how changes like this will change attendance at travel comps... and how long this will last. How families will decide that cheer is not for them because of this competition? It's not like Worlds, which will only impact two levels. EVERYONE goes to NCA.

I know it's worlds weekend and no one cares about next season's NCA at the moment, but thought this was an interesting change. I'm sure it allows more teams, which is great... but do these kids not miss enough school already?

And if u have 2 kids who compete u could be there for 5 days and a lot of $ for stay and play hotels!

Back