All-Star Nca 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This makes me extremely happy. Now maybe our gym can actually get in. I can understand some of the concerns I read, but this is exactly what is needed so that teams aren't turned away. Yay!!

Not a good idea.

I understand the chaos of NCA and how they are long days. But turning it into a "worlds" weekend and having Mini's on a totally different weekend is just sad. Call me crazy but that is why I love the hype and controlled chaos of NCA...& Cheersport! Id rather PUSH and have all 5 of my teams compete on one weekend and I am sure 95% of the cheer world may just agree.

Last edited:
I don't really have a dog in this fight, but to be perfectly honest this plan sounds like it was thought up in a room by people who have nothing else going on in their lives other than cheerleading.

No regard for children missing school, parents missing work, people with multiple children cheering, the costs, and all of the other reasons posted already.

But I mean. I guess.

This makes me extremely happy. Now maybe our gym can actually get in. I can understand some of the concerns I read, but this is exactly what is needed so that teams aren't turned away. Yay!!

While this should allow more teams, any gym can get in if they register when registration opens. I've never seen anyone turned away until at least a week or two after registration opens.

I know your gym and thought yall have started attending this comp each year now. As long as the gym registers on time it shouldnt be a problem

Can someone please explain to me how this affects families with 1 athlete cheering?

If your kid is now on a team that is competing on fri/sat or sun/mon, you have to miss at least one day of work and school whereas if you were previously competing Sat/Sun you could have made it work if you chose to. Not everyone has infinite days off from work. And not everyone lives in DFW like you and can drive home after the event. If your team competes late on Monday, now you're there until Tuesday for another weekday missed from school/work.

And a significant number of families across the board have at least two kids in the sport. STP was already pricing families out with their price-gauging of hotel costs. So let's add even more nights. yay.

Do they have a contract with Dallas? If so, they may not be able to leave.

*What did we even do before the invention of Google?*

The contract is up at the end of NCA 2017, I have said this on several threads but I would hold it as likely that NCA then moves to the Varsity's Disney facility.

As for the change in schedule, this is ridiculous and I would suggest as many people as possible tweet @NCAUpdates with their displeasure. Also I would suggest if we are really concerned about missed school that enough people with USASF membership suggest a rule that puts a limit on school days missed or a day limit to competitions and travel per competitions. That will be the end game for All Star Cheer as the missed school is getting out of hand.

Can someone please explain to me how this affects families with 1 athlete cheering?
If they're a crossover and have to travel the day before or compete late on the last day, they have to stay Thursday to Tuesday. Yes, we all know cheer's expensive but we shouldn't be trying to make it even more expensive. If they're a mini or tiny, their whole gym won't be at their comp unless they're close to Arlington or can afford to just fly out to cheer them on. I could not handle a little bit looking up at me with sad eyes asking "why aren't the big girls here :("

Last edited:

If the athlete is a crossover they're going to have to stay for additional days. For example a L1/L2 L3/L4 crossover is then competing Friday-Sat-Sun; that means leaving Thursdays and not getting home until Monday and 3 days of missed school. L4/L5 crossover is leaving Friday competing Sat-Sun-Mon and likely coming home Tuesday; again 3 days of missing school. And this is just for 1 athlete.

We travel to NCA from out of state. It's an expensive competition for us (airfare, hotel, food, etc) but we do love the "bigness" of it. Part of what made the cost of going to NCA worthwhile, was that it's exciting to see so many great teams compete and fun to be able to support all the teams from our gym too! But moving the tiny and mini teams to another place and time will leave them out of getting any gym-family support. Which doesn't apply to my family, but I'm sympathetic to that situation. And for us to support our level five teams will now require extending our stay (if we choose to even do that) and it will then increase days missed from school and work and costs for the additional overnights. I feel like with these changes to NCA, they're being inconsiderate of our time and careless in regards to our budget. The only benefit I've seen discussed is less halls and more opportunity for level 4 to compete in the arena. Both of which seem unnecessary to me. NCA is big and crowded and a long day. And that's just the way it is and in my opinion, is just fine. And let the arena remain level 5 only - they've earned that.

The contract is up at the end of NCA 2017, I have said this on several threads but I would hold it as likely that NCA then moves to the Varsity's Disney facility.

As for the change in schedule, this is ridiculous and I would suggest as many people as possible tweet @NCAUpdates with their displeasure. Also I would suggest if we are really concerned about missed school that enough people with USASF membership suggest a rule that puts a limit on school days missed or a day limit to competitions and travel per competitions. That will be the end game for All Star Cheer as the missed school is getting out of hand.

If NCA comes to Orlando I imagine the entire western side of the country will revolt.

If the athlete is a crossover they're going to have to stay for additional days. For example a L1/L2 L3/L4 crossover is then competing Friday-Sat-Sun; that means leaving Thursdays and not getting home until Monday and 3 days of missed school. L4/L5 crossover is leaving Friday competing Sat-Sun-Mon and likely coming home Tuesday; again 3 days of missing school. And this is just for 1 athlete.
Let's not forget NCA's crossover rules. An athlete would not be able to compete within the different set of days as they can only crossover within the same level.

Back