All-Star Nca Bid Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So how does a team place 15th out if 16 and still receive a bid? It almost sounds like all you have to do is show up.

Yeah I don't understand it. Also I love Coed Elite and believe 100% that they deserved that bid after yesterdays performance, but to me it sounds weird that a 4th place team got a paid bid. Again I totally think that they deserved their bid it is just a little weird to me. (same thing goes with Prodigy)

I also have to ask about this, why is it that the team in the International divisions had the "standard bid score" and the other divisions didn't?

Yeah I don't understand it. Also I love Coed Elite and believe 100% that they deserved that bid after yesterdays performance, but to me it sounds weird that a 4th place team got a paid bid. Again I totally think that they deserved their bid it is just a little weird to me. (same thing goes with Prodigy)

I also have to ask about this, why is it that the team in the International divisions had the "standard bid score" and the other divisions didn't?
The international divisions were calculated with different weights to determine "national champions" than the senior divisions were. They were re-calculated using the "regular" weights ("bid score") to determine the actual bids, however

my team was actually one of the teams that recieved a messed up bid. we had a paper with every team with prior bids. NCA had called 6 different teams with partial paids and at larges... we were really confused, so we stuck around and challanged the bids. turns out, our investigating was worth while cuz we got a bid! its sad when a 17 year old and a 23 year old, know who gets bids, better than a 65 year old company does...:rolleyes:

Does anyone have any idea yet why NCA was able to award 8 paid bids?

I believe they were qualified from last year to give 8, they had just been choosing to only give 7 of their allotted bids. I think you can give MORE bids than advertised (up to the max you are qualified for), but you may not give less. (This is similar to the ACA situation.)

Regarding the strategy of advertising 7, then giving more - you would have to ask NCA.

The international divisions were calculated with different weights to determine "national champions" than the senior divisions were. They were re-calculated using the "regular" weights ("bid score") to determine the actual bids, however

Thank you for explaining that it makes more sense now. So basically it was like they were judged normally and the way they would at worlds?

Thank you for explaining that it makes more sense now. So basically it was like they were judged normally and the way they would at worlds?
NCA weighted stunting more heavily. They didn't use the worlds score sheets or rubric so it will be a lot different, but they tried to make building count for more. To give the bids and grand champs, they used the regular weight that all of the senior 5s used.

As for the comment about a team in 15th getting a bid, it is done by SCORE. In one division, you could have gotten 15th place but outscored the 5th place person from another division.

ya Texas Cheer CoRed got an at large at ACA. I was confused when I heard them get called for an at large.
But on the website they had our bid wrong. they had it listed under CoRed instead of Red.
So did Cheersport on their web page to but i think its fixed on there.

Again with the giving extra bids, or I have an extra bid in my pocket that I'll use if I need to? When do they determine if they're gonna use it. I feel like this activity is becoming more and more a free for all. We'll never become a sport at this rate. What's worse is that it doesn't surprise me anymore when these things happen.

Also in terms of the 15th place team getting a bid- this year many of the top winners already had paid bids, and many of the teams below had either partials or at larges. You have to go waayyy far down the list to find someone who didn't have at least SOME type of bid already. So yes, in terms of at larges at this point in the season, all you had to do was show up.

Also in terms of the 15th place team getting a bid- this year many of the top winners already had paid bids, and many of the teams below had either partials or at larges. You have to go waayyy far down the list to find someone who didn't have at least SOME type of bid already. So yes, in terms of at larges at this point in the season, all you had to do was show up.
It will be that way at UCA in a couple of weeks too. Practically everyone who goes already has a bid...Most just want the full paid, but there really arent enough teams without at large bids to give out the 12 they are gonna have...

Again with the giving extra bids, or I have an extra bid in my pocket that I'll use if I need to? When do they determine if they're gonna use it. I feel like this activity is becoming more and more a free for all. We'll never become a sport at this rate. What's worse is that it doesn't surprise me anymore when these things happen.

I will never complain if an event producer wants to give out more paid bids.

Back