All-Star Nca Bid Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Just to clarify, Level 5 International Open and Level 5 International Open Coed aren't excluded from PAID bids at NCA. Actually, Level 5 International Teams have the same opportunity at a PAID bid like all the other Level 5 teams. The only group excluded from the general process was Level 6.

While I agree that 12th place seems a bit further down the line than you'd expect from a bid winning team--but not after you look at the line up of teams or consider that there were divisions with up to 33 teams vying for a spot. I would whole-heartedly put NCA's 12th place team up against most of the PAID bid winners and National Champions from other bid-giving competitions.

Wow! Really? That's great because that's what will happen at Worlds. I'm curious then, how you feel about at large teams competing on Friday and Paid bids going straight to Sat. Thanks a lot for answering my questions. Im really trying to learn more about the big national companies, because I have never dealt with them and there are so many opinions. Do you limit how many paids go to international? Ive never been and if you dont GREAT! I wish everyone did that.

I think teams should have to receive a certain minimum score to receive a bid...some of the things I saw at Worlds last year...YIKES!!!:eek:

I think teams should have to receive a certain minimum score to receive a bid...some of the things I saw at Worlds last year...YIKES!!!:eek:
yeah on day 1 they have beside all the scores certain scores they need to get to recieve a bid!

Yeah I don't understand it. Also I love Coed Elite and believe 100% that they deserved that bid after yesterdays performance, but to me it sounds weird that a 4th place team got a paid bid. Again I totally think that they deserved their bid it is just a little weird to me. (same thing goes with Prodigy)

I also have to ask about this, why is it that the team in the International divisions had the "standard bid score" and the other divisions didn't?

I find it hard to believe that a D1 college football team that did not win their conference deserves a shot at the National title game, but it happened and that team is now national champions. probably bad analogy, but it happens in other sports also. ACEDAD I'm not bitter.

We declared that both Level 6 National Champions would be guaranteed an At-Large bid from NCA. Then, we declared that the bid selection for Level 6 wouldn't go by the International Scoresheet weights, but that we would apply the standard Weights when it came time to consider bids. As it turns out, the National Champion and the Highest Scoring Team based on Standard weight were two DIFFERENT teams, a scenario I hadn't considered. Considering how confused the teams were (and by Sunday night, how confused I was), the fairest solution was to award more bids in Level 6, so that my mistakes wouldn't hold back any team who had met the criteria we published for receiving a bid. That was what I meant by "take care" of Level 6. The only way to do that was to either a) take a bid opportunity away from a Level 5 team or b) ask for more bids. It was just as unfair to take an at-large bid from a Level 5 team after I promised a certain amount of At-Large bids in those divisions.

Wow, that's extreme 11th hour! At first, I was totally thinking you requested these bids like the week before the event. Not the 2nd day of the event.

Absolutely agree with you. I believe you should have to hit a certain percentage of perfection in order to receive a bid to world's and if that means giving out less bids than you are allowed then oh well.

Back