All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I heard Senior Elite's music was too long because it was a cover up for their next kidnapping. The extra 5 seconds gave Courtney time to sneak out, leave snacks in the grass, and sneak back into the arena before SE finished. Of course no one noticed because everyone in the arena was too busy watching those 13 double ups. (Why else do you think they added them in last minute?) On the way to warm ups, Smoed found the snacks and ate them all, thinking it would help them perform better but it didn't. Courtney knows Smoed's weakness is Chipotle and In and Out. While Smoed was busy eating the snacks, Courtney switched her next victim's water bottle with a bottle of teal kool aid. Unfortunately that athlete is now under the CEA spell since no one can resist teal kool aid and CEA is awaiting their arrival. Courtney is not mad about 2nd place, she just wants you to think that. She is merely playing along with the plan she has set up to get a new Smoed athlete to come be on her team. Lady Elite is next in line for a Smoed athlete since Coed Elite and Senior Elite have filled their Smoed quota. Worlds is coming up you know and Courtney wants the best.

This is not a theory, it's fact.
Plot twist: she accidentally gave the athlete a bottle of Texas water instead of teal kool-aid and now they mysteriously moved to Texas to be the magical 36th member of Panthers.

@SL&AM lol yes please don't tell our secrets until after summit!

here is our r5 that should have lost just in case anyone missed them, and if you saw day 1 you would agree this was better lol
NCA & NDA All-Star Nationals Videos

Eta: admittedly we outscored all of the top teams in dance, we were outscored by them in tosses and stunts.
Our tumbling and jumps were even with some, our dance is .1 higher then Cali's and .15 higher than the other 2.

And I may be biased but our dance is bada$$ and we won by less than that so we are all pretty much even except the dance.

Will you please post the links for the other teams that hit perfect based on your picture post above and might as well throw Prodigy in there too. And whoever made the comment about the Youth Level 5 bids.. that was totally uncalled for. That division is so small and those kids are so talented they should ALL get to go to Summit and if there are any hopes of increasing the size of that division there needs to be motivation and exposure. I think it was a good call.

AHHHHHH - ok I see you are Stars Vipers parent and this is about Restricted 5 ? I did not agree with that placement either for the record and after just looking at that divisions results I see that the Texas team beat out a California team by .07! That's exactly what I am talking about!! And after I looked closely they beat a team that had a higher raw score on day 1 than your team and that mysteriously changed on Day 2 quite a bit. I don't mean to be calling out your team/athletes. Every athlete works incredibly hard all throughout the season with the goal of winning NCA. You unfortunately just proved the point I was making earlier.
Performing better and having your score increase is the opposite of mysterious - it's what you should expect. Close finishes are a testament to why everyone values an NCA win so much - you go to NCA to compete against the best teams, and most of the teams are incredible!
Either way, your theory is one of the most ridiculous things I've read on the boards. Not only is NCA IN Texas, so almost every gym in the HUGE, cheer dominated state attends, but cheer is huge in Texas. Is it new information that Texas teams are good? For me it's not - if I was competing against a team from Texas I'd be nervous just on their location alone. Cheer has been big in Texas longer than probably any other state, so gyms not only have had time to grow and become amazing, but they always have fierce competition so they know how to bring it and make all their teams competitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 11 Texas teams that placed second, most of them very close. Maybe the judges forgot which state we were from? We need to wear Cowboy hats and boots with our uniform I guess.

EDIT: Just counted and we had at least 26 Texas teams lose to non-Texas teams in our program alone. Man, we really need to get some Texas flags waving around during our routines - maybe replace the claw with an outline of the Alamo?

No unfortunately your a program that is/was unfairly judged and that people love/hate on. Judges included. This sport really needs to establish more regulations and implement things to prevent that from happening. I sometimes wonder if it's in Varsity's best interest to NOT have All Star Cheer recognized as a legitimate sport to such an extent financially that they intentionally keep things messy.

Last edited:
We had 11 Texas teams that placed second, most of them very close. Maybe the judges forgot which state we were from? We need to wear Cowboy hats and boots with our uniform I guess.

EDIT: Just counted and we had at least 26 Texas teams lose to non-Texas teams in our program alone. Man, we really need to get some Texas flags waving around during our routines - maybe replace the claw with an outline of the Alamo?

But would it really be good for Texas programs if a number of the huge players pulled out? You already compete against all Texas teams throughout the season..wouldn't NCA just become a big glorified state competition then?

i don't think i have ever heard so much flack about a competitions results.
the best teams won. can't we just accept that and move on? and if you didn't win, then go back and work hard to keep improving.
stop pointing the finger or making excuses.

But maybe the flack is due to their being some legitimacy concerning the results? There comes a time, year after year, when people get fed up. Parents spend so much money and athletes dedicate so much heart and time. There needs to be a more fair system. Period. It would eliminate all of this. Maybe it's time for gyms, teams, parents, athletes to stop quietly retreating and simply taking it and for people to acknowledge there is a problem here and work to change it.

Sometimes a win is a fair win and sometimes it just is not.

My daughter won a jacket... (she's slept with it for 2 nights now) but I saw many shocking results this weekend. Jaw dropping actually and many of them were simply WRONG. The athletes deserve better than that.

Saw this on Twitter. I think some people in this thread need to read it and realize how true it is.
ae3bad8268e4366607e8d1336f5d4e87.jpg

In the large coed division a non-texas team w/ day 2 deductions edged out a Texas team by a fraction of a point. That panthers routine that beat SE was so clean - and a lot of their tumbling was gymnastics quality it was so good. Can we just say that NCA values good technique? Cause honestly, that's the common thing about all the big winners - good technique. I mean, look at Brandon's score, that should be proof there that technique is key to scoring well.

Last edited:
But would it really be good for Texas programs if a number of the huge players pulled out? You already compete against all Texas teams throughout the season..wouldn't NCA just become a big glorified state competition then?

I think you just pointed out the hole in your own theory. NCA is in the Texas gyms' backyard. We're all probably going anyway, so no need to "fix" a division to encourage our return. If there was any such conspiracy at play, it would more likely be to the benefit of the big gyms traveling from out of state. Positive reinforcement to return and continue spending your money with them. If you choose to believe in such things, that might be the way to go.

But maybe the flack is due to their being some legitimacy concerning the results? There comes a time, year after year, when people get fed up. Parents spend so much money and athletes dedicate so much heart and time. There needs to be a more fair system. Period. It would eliminate all of this. Maybe it's time for gyms, teams, parents, athletes to stop quietly retreating and simply taking it and for people to acknowledge there is a problem here and work to change it.

Sometimes a win is a fair win and sometimes it just is not.

My daughter won a jacket... (she's slept with it for 2 nights now) but I saw many shocking results this weekend. Jaw dropping actually and many of them were simply WRONG. The athletes deserve better than that.

Since you are pretty new here, I'll be the one to tell you. You are fighting a losing battle with no receipts to back it up. The boards don't really take kindly to people just pulling things out of the air. Brush it off and look forward to UCA and worlds.

Back