All-Star Nca Day 3 Updates (sunday)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

But maybe the flack is due to their being some legitimacy concerning the results? There comes a time, year after year, when people get fed up. Parents spend so much money and athletes dedicate so much heart and time. There needs to be a more fair system. Period. It would eliminate all of this. Maybe it's time for gyms, teams, parents, athletes to stop quietly retreating and simply taking it and for people to acknowledge there is a problem here and work to change it.

Sometimes a win is a fair win and sometimes it just is not.

My daughter won a jacket... (she's slept with it for 2 nights now) but I saw many shocking results this weekend. Jaw dropping actually and many of them were simply WRONG. The athletes deserve better than that.
Since when did you become a panel judge, a head judge, a safety judge (are these the right names?) hah ... Any of it?? You don't know!

Especially when the scores are super freaking close how could you say one is wrong and one is right?

My daughter won a jacket by .02 ... The team that got second was also from Texas. We have seen them a bunch this year .. We knew it was going to come down to every little detail if we wanted a chance at beating them again.

You know those girls sat up their and congratulated my daughter after losing by .02 saying we deserved it!!!

We sat by all their kids in the stands who kept asking me is your kid on mambas? They are so good.
They didn't question it even when I myself as a viper parent was in complete shock. I just don't understand the hatred in the worlds divisions and large coed r division. The scores were close and at summit I'm sure they will be just the same and possible with a different out come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But maybe the flack is due to their being some legitimacy concerning the results? There comes a time, year after year, when people get fed up. Parents spend so much money and athletes dedicate so much heart and time. There needs to be a more fair system. Period. It would eliminate all of this. Maybe it's time for gyms, teams, parents, athletes to stop quietly retreating and simply taking it and for people to acknowledge there is a problem here and work to change it.

My daughter won a jacket... (she's slept with it for 2 nights now) but I saw many shocking results this weekend. Jaw dropping actually and many of them were simply WRONG. The athletes deserve better than that.
Exactly what results did you think we're unfair? Maybe we could talk through the scoring with you and help you understand. And I'm not saying this in a mean way but you seem to be seriously angry. Maybe we can help some way.

Well hey they only won at Cheersport by .06

So do you think cheersport that's in GA let them win because they were from Texas also

b7dcb26311fc3ef707c67c46e2323112.jpg

They were 1000 times better day 2 than day 1.
I would hope their score would increase a lot.

Also Cali moved up a lot in placements also.
It was another Texas team in first on day 1 so why didn't they let them just stay in 1st because they are from Texas.

Ps. Cali's raw score was only .05 better than ours on day 1, and ours was only .2 better than them on day 2

Both increased a bit and with our improved performance I would hope so
fc5a7d6bbc12cdc2de27050e2277e835.jpg

So seriously.. using this division as an example.. please explain to me why all three teams that hit perfect ( I would really like to know and learn) had such a variation in their raw score increase from day 1 to 2 when they were so close on day 1 and why did Prodigy's go down?? I don't understand really. Can someone post a link to a varsity page explaining all of this?

Vipers went up .75 versus Rockstar that also hit perfect and only had a .30 increase?? Where as after Day 1 they were only .25 apart??

So seriously.. using this division as an example.. please explain to me why all three teams that hit perfect ( I would really like to know and learn) had such a variation in their raw score increase from day 1 to 2 when they were so close on day 1 and why did Prodigy's go down?? I don't understand really. Can someone post a link to a varsity page explaining all of this?

Vipers went up .75 versus Rockstar that also hit perfect and only had a .30 increase?? Where as after Day 1 they were only .25 apart??

I would really genuinely like to understand all of this and I think the Vipers mom used a great division as an example. Can you help GreatWhite92 ? :)

Cali went up .5 don't forget

Prodigy definitely performed better day 1

And vipers performed a lot better day 2 ... ALOT

I MEAN THEY EVEN EMBARRASSED ME
ON DAY 1 IT WAS SO UGLY. Their were a lot of almost busted passes that likely brought our tumbling execution scores way down on day 1. There was a blatant horrible stunt fall some wobbly stunts but not enough to be considered bobbled there was some things omitted ... There you have it. That's how you improve your raw score.
I'm not an expert on the other teams but those are the obvious difference in our day 1 and day 2 and they knew they had to perform better

I would really genuinely like to understand all of this and I think the Vipers mom used a great division as an example. Can you help GreatWhite92 ? :)
You keep talking about why raw scores go up. If you look at the score sheets there is a category for over all impression. Often when a team hits without deductions this score goes up causing the raw score to go up. I know for a fact stars vipers has some of the best performers I've seen which will cause that score as well as dance scores to go up especially when the kids know they hit a great routine. Kris10boo has already explained how stars had a higher dance and toss score which helped edge them over. Sometimes it's the little things like performing that dance that counts.

I haven't looked at the breakdowns but they are available on varsity.com for you to look at. This is just what I suspect happened.

In fact if the judges wanted us to win so bad I would like someone to tell me where our 1 point in deductions came from on day 1.

I know where they came from but I doubt others do.

For that reason alone the judges could of left one of our two deductions off and no one would have even batted an eye and we would of atleast been tied for second on day 1 and only .25 behind first.

I mean we are from Texas so why did they make us work so hard to go from 5th to 1st when they could of left one of our deductions off without others knowing at all because I'm sure only the judges saw it.

Since you are pretty new here, I'll be the one to tell you. You are fighting a losing battle with no receipts to back it up. The boards don't really take kindly to people just pulling things out of the air. Brush it off and look forward to UCA and worlds.

I'm not new just never felt the need to actually create an account and post.. I've been watching and reading it all for years. Isn't this suppose to be a place to discuss these things? In all seriousness? These are not the cheer God boards.. it's a bunch of coaches/parents/athletes sharing their opinions. So if I don't agree with the masses I'm disliked? Thanks for the heads up.

Are you sure you shouldn't change your name to Courtney Smith-Pope?

I kid. I kid. Well, only a little.

Oh, and let's take Senior Elite as an example because I threw shade at CSP (she was an easy target, if you're reading this, sorry CSP) but SE went up quite a bit in raw score from day 1 to day 2. Aside from the music thing, they 'hit' their routine both days. Was the routine they did day 2 the same as it was day 1? No. Why? Because they added harder stunts.

SE isn't the only team who can or will change their routines overnight to do better day 1 to day 2. Unless you're comparing every single aspect to every single routine you're talking out your...

And this is a 25%/75% competition; so, reality, you can be perfect day 1 and semi-perfect day 2 and lose to the team that busted on day 1 but were perfect day 2 because that's how the scoring cookies crumbles.

Logic.

Last edited:
Are you sure you shouldn't change your name to Courtney Smith-Pope?

I kid. I kid. Well, only a little.
It's interesting to me that someone with so much experience and expertise in this sport that has been around for so long, and her opinion, is joked about and disregarded. Did anyone consider that maybe she had a point? Maybe she is fed up for a reason? She's not the only gym or coach beating that same drum...maybe it bares legitimate concern?

Last edited:
It's interesting to me that someone with so much experience and expertise in this sport that has been around for so long, and her opinion, is joked about and disregarded. Did anyone consider that maybe she had a point? Maybe she is fed up for a reason? She's not the only gym or coach beating that same drum...maybe it bears legitimate concern?

I actually agree with her point to an extent. If you read through the whole thread you'll see my Twinkies (Twinkles) comment and see that I do think her point has merit---and I feel this way across all levels and teams. I'm actually not a huge fan of CEA---yes, CSP has a nice long reputation, but it's not a crystal clean one. That being said, I happen to kinda sorta 'fan' two current CEA members which is why I keep up with Coed Elite and I'm just really loving SE's pyramid this year so I'm a fan for this season.

That being said, if you want change than stop going. If enough people have an issue, and enough people ban together and prove that there is in fact this conspiracy (which I don't agree with) then change will occur. Until then...well.

If CSP actually doesn't go to NCA next year I'll be shocked and then I'll eat every word I just said.

Edited to add: My stop going comment also applies to parents; assuming you're not a coach or owner or someone of authority. If enough people within your gym says I won't be paying for NCA than the gym either replaces or doesn't go. Parents have more authority than I think they think they do because they ultimately pay the bill. If you don't want to pay it then don't. But we can go round and round on scoring until the end of time and someone will still be upset.

Back