All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Except unfortunately some it's not true. Not really sure why a specific detail given was flat out inaccurate from her mother's mouth. I was kinda surprised by that bc I totally love her mother, but I was surprised. Especially bc it's not something that was a big deal IMO.
Is it possible that you, as non owner, are the one with inaccurate information?

Hoping you can enlighten us on the inaccuracy.

**What if gofundme included a double your money back performance clause?**

Is it possible that you, as non owner, are the one with inaccurate information?

Hoping you can enlighten us on the inaccuracy.

No problem-Actually yes I can, no need to be snarky. :)
@approx 2;09 in the video, her mother said they didn't know anything about cheer when they started and that CSP was in the 9th grade and had "never done cheer a DAY in her life". Totally untrue. I went to school w/her, same class (year), etc. I know otherwise.

When I moved here in the middle of my 8th grade year, she not only was a cheerleader for our middle school, but she also cheered all 4 years in HS, both Football and Basketball. Also fairly certain she was the Captain all but once (senior year football). We had two different squads/teams for bb and football; separate tryouts, etc. Now I didn't go to that school in 6th and 7th grade, but I'm pretty certain she was on the team those years too, according to friends' yearbooks. For certain I know of the others and yearbooks don't lie. And I'm also certain I remember learning to base basket tosses w/her during PE several times (she was the flyer) in the 8th grade. I thought it was awesome bc when I was a cheerleader in Fl in elementary and middle school, when I moved here, cheer was SO much neater than ours. I had never even done a basket toss or seen one except on TV. We never even did extensions, only elevators. So I thought it was awesome bc I learned so much more and became better.

We went to a pretty small school, less than 200 people in our graduating class. That's why I said I wasn't sure why lie about something that insignificant, when she really did coach her sister on a competitive team and apparently took them to competitions? I remember Kelly being at practice a few times and she was so little (her and my brother are the same age/class) and we'd be playing around w/her, stunting w/her even, etc. and I thought it was cute. I didn't know she was coaching and competiting a team. She was a really good student and already had a lot on her plate, so I was suprised bc that's certainly impressive. So I'm confused as to why she would say that, knowing it wasn't true- and it's not like it would deflate and/or negate her achievements doing that so young.

Is it possible that you, as an outsider who did not attend the same school and cheer w/her jumped the gun a bit w/the snark? Hopefully I at least enlightened you regarding my response on the inaccuracy. ;)

what exactly isnt true?

With local competitions, usually only one gym (or two/threeish) will attend. So you're looking at a pretty normal number of teams from CEA at a local (Unless Kville goes, obviously). Usually only big nationals are gym-wide. It's pretty much always been like this.

ETA: off topic, but I'm also curious as to what Betsy said that was false. Just wondering! :)

See above post

No problem-Actually yes I can, no need to be snarky. :)
@approx 2;09 in the video, her mother said they didn't know anything about cheer when they started and that CSP was in the 9th grade and had "never done cheer a DAY in her life". Totally untrue. I went to school w/her, same class (year), etc. I know otherwise.

When I moved here in the middle of my 8th grade year, she not only was a cheerleader for our middle school, but she also cheered all 4 years in HS, both Football and Basketball. Also fairly certain she was the Captain all but once (senior year football). We had two different squads/teams for bb and football; separate tryouts, etc. Now I didn't go to that school in 6th and 7th grade, but I'm pretty certain she was on the team those years too, according to friends' yearbooks. For certain I know of the others and yearbooks don't lie. And I'm also certain I remember learning to base basket tosses w/her during PE several times (she was the flyer) in the 8th grade. I thought it was awesome bc when I was a cheerleader in Fl in elementary and middle school, when I moved here, cheer was SO much neater than ours. I had never even done a basket toss or seen one except on TV. We never even did extensions, only elevators. So I thought it was awesome bc I learned so much more and became better.

We went to a pretty small school, less than 200 people in our graduating class. That's why I said I wasn't sure why lie about something that insignificant, when she really did coach her sister on a competitive team and apparently took them to competitions? I remember Kelly being at practice a few times and she was so little (her and my brother are the same age/class) and we'd be playing around w/her, stunting w/her even, etc. and I thought it was cute. I didn't know she was coaching and competiting a team. She was a really good student and already had a lot on her plate, so I was suprised bc that's certainly impressive. So I'm confused as to why she would say that, knowing it wasn't true- and it's not like it would deflate and/or negate her achievements doing that so young.

Is it possible that you, as an outsider who did not attend the same school and cheer w/her jumped the gun a bit w/the snark? Hopefully I at least enlightened you regarding my response on the inaccuracy. ;)
Maybe I was guilty of premature snarking but just making the claim she lied without any supporting info made it sound like you were throwing shade .

And I wouldn't really classify that as a "lie". She could have been inferring that Courtney had never done THIS type of cheer a day in her life. There is a far cry between power tumbling + cheer and "rah rah sis boom bah" cheer. Also "cheering all 4 years of high school" would constitute as AFTER 9th grade which is after Betsy said she had never cheered before.
The reason for the snark is because it VERY apparent you are not a fan of CEA or Courtney regardless of your username. You constantly backhand the program while at the same time professing your undying love for it. It's confusing...

With local competitions, usually only one gym (or two/threeish) will attend. So you're looking at a pretty normal number of teams from CEA at a local (Unless Kville goes, obviously). Usually only big nationals are gym-wide. It's pretty much always been like this.

ETA: off topic, but I'm also curious as to what Betsy said that was false. Just wondering! :)

I just said that because they seem to be acquiring a lot of the other gyms in NC. I don't know how many total gyms there are in NC (there could be a ton) but with every buyout there will be less and less non CEA programs that will be at their local competitions.

I could be wrong but I think APEX is a gymnastics facility that they will be training out of so they aren't buying out a gym. But I understand your point for the majority of cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The name of the gymnastics facility they will be using is called TAG in Apex.

that's how the post made it seem..that many athletes had to travel to get to the Raleigh gym because they lived on the other side of the city, so I guess it makes sense to use this gym as a tumble/class gym..will be interesting to see if current Raleigh athletes leave for Apex because of it's location..wonder what kind of turn out they will have.

I have been sitting on this one a long time wondering when it would be posted.

This was the logic behind opening Raleigh so kids didn't have to travel all the way to K'ville. With most of their satellite gyms in NC they operate as a feeder to either Raleigh or K'ville. Which IMO is a brilliant strategy on their part. The reason they are able to pull it off so well is because the smaller gyms refuse to partner with each other and combine resources to be stronger. When you look at the gyms in the Apex area, if they combined with each other, they would have roughly 300 All Stars or more easy. Making it much harder to go into that area. But they would rather stay under 100 All Stars and complain that CEA has moved into the area to service their own athletes coming from that area or they can't hire staff because CEA is getting all of them. From a business perspective, if it was me I would of done the same exact thing that CEA has done. Build a network and feeder system.

Anyone who knows me that I am strong small gym supporter and always will be. Small gyms need to wake up and realize this is not 1980 and everyone is just happy to have their doors open. It is a business. You don't have to be a large or mega gym, but you can be run efficiently and effectively. Hire quality coaches or train ones inside your doors. Be smart about how you put your teams together, what programs you offer and where/when you compete. Develop multiple streams of gym revenue so you don't have to rely on All Stars to pay the bills. You don't have to wave the white flag of surrender and you don't have to only be a feeder gym for the large/mega gyms. Get a grip and wisen up.

Seen this too many times to count, and more to come. Wake up.

Last edited:
Maybe I was guilty of premature snarking but just making the claim she lied without any supporting info made it sound like you were throwing shade .

It's alright. I understand and didn't take it personally- hence the wink and smiley face to hopefully mitigate any other type of perception.
It's the not the first time I've mentioned it either btw. The first time the video was posted (maybe well over a year ago) I was genuinely surprised to notice that and had to rewatch it a couple of times to make sure I was hearing things right and I said something about it then.

And I wouldn't really classify that as a "lie". She could have been inferring that Courtney had never done THIS type of cheer a day in her life. There is a far cry between power tumbling + cheer and "rah rah sis boom bah" cheer. Also "cheering all 4 years of high school" would constitute as AFTER 9th grade which is after Betsy said she had never cheered before.

:rolleyes:
Omfg seriously?! Did you even READ what I posted or did you just see CSP and lie in the same paragraph and jumped my a**?! :rolleyes: I'm guessing not since here's the actual post to which you're referencing.

"When I moved here in the middle of my 8th grade year, she not only was a cheerleader for our middle school, but she also cheered all 4 years in HS, both Football and Basketball. Also fairly certain she was the Captain all but once (senior year football). We had two different squads/teams for bb and football; separate tryouts, etc. Now I didn't go to that school in 6th and 7th grade, but I'm pretty certain she was on the team those years too, according to friends' yearbooks."

Also, just putting it out there- who really had at that point?! She certainly knew about it (Allstar) bc of Greensboro Allstars. A majority of the cheerleaders on the squad in the 8th grade were invited to and did join GAS within that year.

The reason for the snark is because it VERY apparent you are not a fan of CEA or Courtney regardless of your username. You constantly backhand the program while at the same time professing your undying love for it. It's confusing...

For starters, I do not profess my undying love for CEA on this board and haven't hardly posted within the past year (almost 2 I believe, but I did post in the parent section a for a bit a couple of years ago). Also, @Cheer Dad didn't indicate that was the reason for the "snark", unless you're speaking for him (which I doubt since he already replied to me).

Additonally, where is written that I can't be a fan of CEA IN GENERAL; you know, as in their hardworking ATHLETES just as one example (or heck ANY program for that matter) if I don't love the owners/coaches, etc.?!! Please explain that one for me. And as far as "constantly" backhanding the program, you should quit while you're ahead. You must have missed this part too...

"We went to a pretty small school, less than 200 people in our graduating class. That's why I said I wasn't sure why lie about something that insignificant, when she really did coach her sister on a competitive team and apparently took them to competitions? I remember Kelly being at practice a few times and she was so little (her and my brother are the same age/class) and we'd be playing around w/her, stunting w/her even, etc. and I thought it was cute. I didn't know she was coaching and competiting a team. She was a really good student and already had a lot on her plate, so I was suprised bc that's certainly impressive. So I'm confused as to why she would say that, knowing it wasn't true- and it's not like it would deflate and/or negate her achievements doing that so young."

Trust me, if I really wanted to "backhand" the program I could. There's just no need for it bc believe it or not, that's not the main reason I come to this forum. :eek: *Gasp*
Believe it or not, Allstar is pretty freaking amazing and there are some GREAT teams on ALL levels at a wide variety of gyms, not just CEA. But there are some pretty freaking amazing teams at that gym too...so :chillpill:

If there are times I have an opinion/thought (or in this case facts) that isn't the result of being completely drunk w/teal koolaid I get attacked. I'm fine w/that, but that just makes you look like you're the one being petty IMO. Especially since I actually did compliment her in my post more than once.

:rolleyes:
Omfg seriously?! Did you even READ what I posted or did you just see CSP and lie in the same paragraph and jumped my a**?! :rolleyes: I'm guessing not since here's the actual post to which you're referencing.

If there are times I have an opinion/thought (or in this case facts) that isn't the result of being completely drunk w/teal koolaid I get attacked. I'm fine w/that, but that just makes you look like you're the one being petty IMO. Especially since I actually did compliment her in my post more than once.

I agree. She could have meant that Courtney had never done THIS type of cheer in her life. AS cheer and middle school cheer are two completely different beasts to me. And knowing "of" all-star cheerleading because a few kids from her 8th grade team joined an all-star team doesn't make her an all-star expert. In fact, I think it would make her someone who has "never done (all-star) cheer a day in her life."

I don't think anyone "jumped your A**" or attacked you. There were no compliments included with your initial accusation. That is a pretty strong word to throw out there without any explanation, so people asked for clarification. In my opinion, accusing someone of lying is an attack on that person's character and shouldn't come with the expectation of high-fives and snuggles.

You accused her of lying. Then you took people's snarky responses to your accusation and wrote an epic dialogue of bold letters and emojis. You are making a big deal about something you claim isn't a big deal.

I guess I just don't understand your animosity. Or your definition of petty.

I agree. She could have meant that Courtney had never done THIS type of cheer in her life. AS cheer and middle school cheer are two completely different beasts to me. And knowing "of" all-star cheerleading because a few kids from her 8th grade team joined an all-star team doesn't make her an all-star expert. In fact, I think it would make her someone who has "never done (all-star) cheer a day in her life."

I don't think anyone "jumped your A**" or attacked you. There were no compliments included with your initial accusation. That is a pretty strong word to throw out there without any explanation, so people asked for clarification. In my opinion, accusing someone of lying is an attack on that person's character and shouldn't come with the expectation of high-fives and snuggles.

You accused her of lying. Then you took people's snarky responses to your accusation and wrote an epic dialogue of bold letters and emojis. You are making a big deal about something you claim isn't a big deal.

I guess I just don't understand your animosity. Or your definition of petty.

Actually I "accused" her mother, not her. No where did I say CSP lied about it.

CheermommaRN was not just referring to my initial reply. She was referring to my reply to Cheer Dad.
You guys are inferring..aka assuming that she meant AS Cheer. Give me a break. Honestly- "never cheered a day in her life" means just that. The beginning of AS cheer back then was very much like high and middle school cheer- they were pretty much one in the same. They did the chants, they danced, they did tumbling (our school's squad had pretty high standards for tumbling), and they did amazing stunting. Now it is a completely different beast. The only reason it even really emerged out in our area is bc our school district had a policy that we could not compete anywhere. Many girls wanted to compete like other highschool's in the country were allowed. Hence the start of GAS (and maybe even CEA), My little sister got to cheer at Colfax Elementary thanks to CSP, bc since she started out there, the school kept cheerleading as a part of their after school activities. I'm not aware of any other elementary schools that offer cheer (certainly not my daughter's school) in our area. Maybe there are a few, but Colfax is the only one I know of.

And I only took to her snarky comment w/regards to the the highlights/bolded parts bc they included the parts in my initial reply where I said even with knowing all about cheer and having cheered before, that's still an impressive feat for someone her age- who was very smart, did well in school, was the captain of the cheerleading squad, etc. and that it's not like it would deflate/negate those acheivements bc they're still really impressive for someone so young. How are those not compliments?

My "animosity" (your words, I don't really feel that way it's just the internet) is that she claimed I constantly "backhand" the program while professing my undying love for them. I think I've already explained myself sufficiently w/regards to that in my reply.

I also didn't expect high fives and snuggles. I was being playful w/Cheer Dad to show there was no animosity on my part.

On a side note- didn't AS emerge from "regular" competitive cheerleading, which had already been established for quite some time bc school's who couldn't compete like ours due to our district's rules wanted to be able to compete....and as a result they (NCA I believe) added an additional category to include them?

Matrix Allstars is opening a gym in Lewis Center just north of Columbus from the first location in Reynoldsburg.

Back