All-Star New Gym Acquisitions 2015-2016

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

in all seriousness..when did cats become a NEW thing?! haha.

Cats were ALWAYS the new thing. I was strictly a puppy/dog person until I moved to Louisville and we decided to adopt a kitten. He is TO THIS DAY my favorite living creature (aside from my mom and dad) and they;re amazing, purrfect, know when you're sad so they'll cuddle you and you don't have to take them for walks. If you buy the automatic food dispenser, your only duties with your cat is brushing them everyday and scooping their litterbox. CATS FOR LIFE.

I know it's a merger or acquisition but I'm actually rather confused by this announcement.

309599cb154417e9a6cd4d88eacaf167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So CC and UA merged, and Gymtyme overtook UA. Did I read that right?

More details are going to be released to the athletes and parents soon but all I know is UA South merged with CCR and will be GT Illinois next year but I'm not sure about UA North.

And is this GymTyme as in Louisville GT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From what parents at UA south were told last Friday is that the rights to use the name were bought and that it is NOT affiliated with the GT Louisville! That's what people took away from the meeting anyway. UA North is still UA North.

I was told that UA South would be wearing gymtymes unis next year so I'm assuming the two (IL and KY) are related somehow

So are the new GT location connected with UA? Why buy the rights to a name, if it's not going to be the same? I don't understand franchising gyms.
Not relevant, but TG Orlando is a franchise too right? I don't necessarily agree or disagree with it, but it is a strange trend.

Okay, I'm going to add my understanding of this, from the perspective of a UA North parent. Disclaimer: I could be completely wrong. Aside from the email that someone else posted here, we really don't have any other information.

Our location of UA will remain as is. Our owner bought the rights to the GymTyme name and next season UA South and the newly acquired CCR will become GT Illinois. The "Royal Family of Gyms" I'm taking will be sort of a parent company (again, could be way wrong here), with our current owner at the helm, with ownership over both Ultimate Athletics (the current main gym location in Wauconda) and GymTyme IL. I know nothing about how GT Louisville comes into the mix here.

i hope/doubt that it will be "gymtyme allstars" and not be affiliated with actual gymtyme. that seems like a really poor business move IMO. whether they are "affiliated" or not, customers will affiliate them. if you have nothing to do with the way it's run/managed, this could really reflect poorly on GT. (not saying it will but it is a new gym so you never know if it will succeed or not)

Back