OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
So for my comm problems and research methods class our final is to do a lit review (which still has never been fully explained to us ha) on some articles or something related to communication. My topic is how the media portrays cheerleading/cheerleaders and communicates it to the public through the cultivation theory and and the social learning theory... so with that being said, I am looking for example beyond the usual Glee, Bring It On, Fired Up, etc type things that focus on cheerleaders (negative or positive) that I can use as examples... any ideas please send them my way!
The Wire :cool:

So for my comm problems and research methods class our final is to do a lit review (which still has never been fully explained to us ha) on some articles or something related to communication. My topic is how the media portrays cheerleading/cheerleaders and communicates it to the public through the cultivation theory and and the social learning theory... so with that being said, I am looking for example beyond the usual Glee, Bring It On, Fired Up, etc type things that focus on cheerleaders (negative or positive) that I can use as examples... any ideas please send them my way!

what about the documentary on Twinkles? :)

You could use music videos. My Chemical romance had them in I'm Not Okay and Teenagers. That Massachusetts song by Ylvis, Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana, Hollaback Gurl by Gwen Stefani, Hey Micki by Toni Basil, You Belong with Me by T-swizzle. Mehhh?

Plenty of commercials have hyper cheerleaders.

I need to start tumbling again if I want any chance of cheering... I was supposed to today but my group cancelled (and I was a little happy about it oopsies) my poor body just doesn't want to flip anymore lol

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Tumbling (or the lack thereof) is one of the myriad reasons as to why I love level 4.2

I have Wind Ensemble tryouts tomorrow in my band class. I play trumpet and for our tryout we have to play a pre-rehearsed music piece (which i can nearly do perfectly now), 3-4 full range scales, and a sight-read piece.
I can't even play the easiest full range scale (concert Bb, no sharps or flats) and i'm considering not trying out anymore because its just going to be embarassing :(

My last competition I cried from the second we were called not moving onto regionals (bad sportsmanship, i know, but i was so sad), then during all the pictures, then in the locker room hugging my coach with her sobbing as well, then I cried the entire way home (two hours), then I went to my bedroom and cried untill I fell asleep and I'm pretty sure I cried the next morning.

Anyone that doesn't mind helping me out :

Writing a paper on gender discrimination for one of my classes an incorporating guys in cheer and dance cause I know everyone else will write about females being discriminated against.

My question is :

Would it be correct to say that males in L5/6 cheer are disadvantaged compared to females because they can only do co-ed and females can do all girl and coed (meaning less spots for males vs females in programmes) or incorrect because of the ratio of male cheerleaders to female cheerleaders?

I have Wind Ensemble tryouts tomorrow in my band class. I play trumpet and for our tryout we have to play a pre-rehearsed music piece (which i can nearly do perfectly now), 3-4 full range scales, and a sight-read piece.
I can't even play the easiest full range scale (concert Bb, no sharps or flats) and i'm considering not trying out anymore because its just going to be embarassing :(
Scales can be tricky! Take it slow, don't go for speed, go for accuracy. A perfectly played slow scale will sound better than a totally screwed up fast on. Good luck!!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back