OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
How would you say participating in cheerleading affects who you are and how you relate to others? I'm working on an essay and I need some more ideas. All help is greatly appreciated!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

How would you say participating in cheerleading affects who you are and how you relate to others? I'm working on an essay and I need some more ideas. All help is greatly appreciated!

Cheerleading helped me come out of my shell. I was super shy and played soccer for a while but didn't really enjoy it. Then when I started cheering I just felt comfortable, like I belonged. I made friends. I was able to perform in front of a crowd and not feel scared. I had done dance before but the audience was dark. Cheer taught me to smile through the pain. To keep going no matter what.

Our first day of camp was today and I can already tell I'm going to be so sore tomorrow. It a speed camp so it was ALL stunting and tumbling. I love the format but I'm dead tired and going to be so sore!

As a kid growing up in Oregon my sister had pet rats. Big pet rats with beady red eyes. One day they escaped and roamed around the house. She was supposed to catch them and put them in their cage. She didn't. In no time they were no longer tame and couldn't be caught. It was wintertime and our only heat was a wood stove. It was real cold. One night I awoke with the rats in bed with me. I freaked out. My family thought it was funny. The rats continued to try to sleep with me every night and I'd run them off. One night they got irritated at being run off. While I was sleeping one of the rats came and bit me in the neck. Then the rats had the taste of blood and would come and bite me every night. I guess that was when my parents decided to eradicate the rats. We lived in the woods amongst the cougars, bears etc. so for my parents rats were no big deal. I no longer like rats. More specifically their sharp teeth, beady eyes and disgusting tail.

I would probably burn my house down if I woke up and there was a rat in my room.

I worked about 50 hours this weekend. My schedule blows so bad this summer. I work sixteen hour shifts from Friday to Sunday, 8 hours on Monday before I go to class for five hours, Tuesday I have class all day, Wednesday is the same as Monday and Thursday is the same as Tuesday.

No days off. $$$$$$$$.

Last Wednesday I paid one of my credit cards since it was due that day. I just checked my bank account today and the money never came out. I went online and it says I never made the payment. Just wonderful. It normally takes two or three days to go through so I figured it wouldn't update till after the weekend. Now the payment is late even though I paid it on time.

I would call and play dumb. Depending on the CC too, just act confused and they may let it slide.

Its my Victoria's Secret card. When I logged on it said something along the lines of 'it looks like you're having financial difficulties'. Um no the money is in my account. Your website just failed to process the payment. Im just worried that since it was due a week ago they'll make me pay it.
Victoria's Secret never fails at pissing me off. Seems like every time I go to make an order or pay a bill, something gets messed up. And I've had my account for years, (and I've only had to change passwords once) and the website never seems to recognize my log in information. And they don't have good customer support either. I made an order of some swimsuits last week and never got an email notification, but I just figured it'd come later. Nope, the "processed" order didn't actually process at all. And one of the bottoms was sold out by then :( And I swear it's not my fault, like I know how to use a computer. I wish I could say it stopped me from shopping there....
Sorry for ranting, hope you get your stuff worked out!

I don't think I've ever had any problems with my angel card, but VS definitely has awful customer service.

Once I bought a backpack, and I didn't realize that it was missing the clasp and I went back to exchange it the next day and they wouldn't let me without a drivers license, which I didn't have at the time (like I didn't own one- I couldn't drive). I offered my university ID and they still wouldn't exchange it. It was literally the very next day and it was expensive. Needless to say I was super mad.

I decided to end my cheer career as a coach after 9 years of coaching. I am nervous when the day will come (which will be next week) when I will have to say goodbye to my kids who I've been coaching since they were 7 years old and have won nationals every year (well except this year lol ) I will cry so hard and I will miss them so much. These are my kids and I loved them watching growing up but it's really time to leave the gym and turn a new page in my life.

Its my Victoria's Secret card. When I logged on it said something along the lines of 'it looks like you're having financial difficulties'. Um no the money is in my account. Your website just failed to process the payment. Im just worried that since it was due a week ago they'll make me pay it.
I would just call them and explain. And if the person you speak with is not being helpful, ask to speak to a supervisor. If your past payments have been in good standing then they should be able to waive any late fees without issue.

Last Wednesday I paid one of my credit cards since it was due that day. I just checked my bank account today and the money never came out. I went online and it says I never made the payment. Just wonderful. It normally takes two or three days to go through so I figured it wouldn't update till after the weekend. Now the payment is late even though I paid it on time.
If u set up the payment it should show pending on your account. Call them. If u have a good record with them. They will sometimes wave the fee.

I don't think I've ever had any problems with my angel card, but VS definitely has awful customer service.

Once I bought a backpack, and I didn't realize that it was missing the clasp and I went back to exchange it the next day and they wouldn't let me without a drivers license, which I didn't have at the time (like I didn't own one- I couldn't drive). I offered my university ID and they still wouldn't exchange it. It was literally the very next day and it was expensive. Needless to say I was super mad.

Last year I ordered a swimsuit off the website that was supposed to be a light purplish pink color - not bright or anything. It arrives and it's neon pink. Like what? No thank you

I decided to end my cheer career as a coach after 9 years of coaching. I am nervous when the day will come (which will be next week) when I will have to say goodbye to my kids who I've been coaching since they were 7 years old and have won nationals every year (well except this year lol ) I will cry so hard and I will miss them so much. These are my kids and I loved them watching growing up but it's really time to leave the gym and turn a new page in my life.
I have seen some videos of your team. You have done a great job with them! Good luck in whatever you do next!

Immature moment here:

I changed the word "what" in my mom's iPhone to "take a poop". She just texted someone saying she had to go because she was getting ready for "work" I've never laughed so hard in my life.

Back