OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Do you guys not get your schedules until registration? We get ours at the end of the school year before

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Nope. In fact schedule pickup is next week but my counselor called to clarify about one of my classes and then told me my whole schedule. We fill out our course requests in like Jan-Feb and get our actual schedule about a week before school starts. It's so annoying bc it's hard to decide what classes you're going to take when you're hardly halfway done with your current ones. Like I was doing fine in calc at that point... So I signed up for calc 3. Then second semester ended up being super hard and I decided not to take calc 3. But my thing was already turned in :rolleyes: so it was annoying to have to change it.

Nope. In fact schedule pickup is next week but my counselor called to clarify about one of my classes and then told me my whole schedule. We fill out our course requests in like Jan-Feb and get our actual schedule about a week before school starts. It's so annoying bc it's hard to decide what classes you're going to take when you're hardly halfway done with your current ones. Like I was doing fine in calc at that point... So I signed up for calc 3. Then second semester ended up being super hard and I decided not to take calc 3. But my thing was already turned in :rolleyes: so it was annoying to have to change it.

Weird that it's so strict. We can start signing up for classes in January or February probably and we have the rest of the year to change them. We get our schedules at the end of the year and we can change at any point up to 3 days in to the school year. If you change something all she does is change it in the computer and hand you your new schedule

Weird that it's so strict. We can start signing up for classes in January or February probably and we have the rest of the year to change them. We get our schedules at the end of the year and we can change at any point up to 3 days in to the school year. If you change something all she does is change it in the computer and hand you your new schedule

They're pretty good about making changes but a lot of the time the class you want doesn't fit in the same spot as the class you dropped, and then everything changes.
After we get our schedule we aren't allowed to get it changed unless they left off something big (like my sophomore year I got biology twice and no spanish). If you just got a class you don't want, they make you wait until school starts and you've actually gone to the class. The line at the guidance office goes all the way down the hall that first week of school. After a few days we can't change it anymore, so there's a really small window of time when you can do it. And we aren't allowed to drop an AP class unless we conference with the principal. Which is the most ridiculous rule :mad: I've never wanted to drop an AP class but the whole premise behind the rule and the flawed logic just blows my mind. :banghead:

They're pretty good about making changes but a lot of the time the class you want doesn't fit in the same spot as the class you dropped, and then everything changes.
After we get our schedule we aren't allowed to get it changed unless they left off something big (like my sophomore year I got biology twice and no spanish). If you just got a class you don't want, they make you wait until school starts and you've actually gone to the class. The line at the guidance office goes all the way down the hall that first week of school. After a few days we can't change it anymore, so there's a really small window of time when you can do it. And we aren't allowed to drop an AP class unless we conference with the principal. Which is the most ridiculous rule :mad: I've never wanted to drop an AP class but the whole premise behind the rule and the flawed logic just blows my mind. :banghead:
Everything is really laid-back (dealing with schedules anyway. That's the only thing) at my school so they can change whenever. But anyway, I completely agree about school starting. I was at a team bonding sleepover and we were obviously still awake at midnight so I was like "Uh guys it's August" and everyone told me not to remind them

I'm convinced that Newbies should have to spend all 72 of their initial hours on the laptop version of Fierce Board. The app is fantastic for people that know their way around. But for newbies, it is way too easy for them to create "favorites", "cheerlebrity" and "worst injury" threads because they don't immediately see the dozens of other ones. Spending time on the web version would cut that.

The Fierce Board: aka Cheernado!

Last edited:
I'm convinced that Newbies should have to spend all 72 of their initial hours on the laptop version of Fierce Board. The app is fantastic for people that know their way around. But for newbies, it is way to easy for them to create "favorites", "cheerlebrity" and "worst injury" threads because they don't immediately see the dozens of other ones. Spending time on the web version would cute that.

The Fierce Board: aka Cheernado!
Well if you'd be nicer to them maybe they would listen better.

If your haterz are imaginary do they count?

Everything is really laid-back (dealing with schedules anyway. That's the only thing) at my school so they can change whenever. But anyway, I completely agree about school starting. I was at a team bonding sleepover and we were obviously still awake at midnight so I was like "Uh guys it's August" and everyone told me not to remind them

Our school is the opposite. Everything's pretty laid back except for scheduling! :D I'm so sad about summer ending soon... :( like my sister moves back in to school on Thursday. How?

Our school is the opposite. Everything's pretty laid back except for scheduling! :D I'm so sad about summer ending soon... :( like my sister moves back in to school on Thursday. How?
Haha. I said today that I realized that I only had 1 Monday morning practice left of the summer. While that made me happy, it also made me incredibly sad that summer was almost over

fun fact: this is happening 30 minutes from my house on Sunday night. What's better is that I just watched Jo Dee Messina on the stage that this is happening on. Just thought you guys would like to know :)

Latest posts

Back