OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Not as of yet. But I keep reading about how I should probably avoid southwest and parts of northwest Atlanta....

Umm, that is a hard question because Atlanta is VERY spread out. It doesn't work like most cities. Atlanta sprawls and people who live 50 miles away from the heart of the city still say they live in Atlanta. Southwest is also Peachtree City and that is a great place to live. Really need to know what you are trying to do for work and what is your goal and I can recommend places. I live in Northwest Atlanta OTP (outside the perimeter). I am 50 minutes from downtown and it is nice out here.

So i might be (more then likely) moving to Atlanta at the end of december. i would LOVE for anyone who lives in georgia to help me with some tips on what areas i should avoid looking for an apartment and which areas are decent. im looking to stay below $500 a month in rent.
Hope ya like traffic.

JK (kinda, depends on your commute) but like @King said, Atlanta is SO spread out. The Atlanta metropolitan area spans up to 39 different counties. That's only a few less than the entire state of SC.

Hope ya like traffic.

JK (kinda, depends on your commute) but like @King said, Atlanta is SO spread out. The Atlanta metropolitan area spans up to 39 different counties. That's only a few less than the entire state of SC.

I spent all weekend discussing the amount of counties in GA (159. The most second to Texas). It trips my sister out that both of her roommates are from "Atlanta" but like everyone at school they specify what county they're from rather than the city.

My mom also spent the weekend explaining to my sisters roommates that the SC counties are condensed into one song taught in 3rd grade

My mom also spent the weekend explaining to my sisters roommates that the SC counties are condensed into one song taught in 3rd grade
We only have 16 counties in Maine but still have a song of the counties that,at least at my school, was taught, memorized and sung to the teacher in 4th grade.

I spent all weekend discussing the amount of counties in GA (159. The most second to Texas). It trips my sister out that both of her roommates are from "Atlanta" but like everyone at school they specify what county they're from rather than the city.

It's usually my go-to hidden talent when people ask me for one. (I'm clearly not vary talented...)

It's usually my go-to hidden talent when people ask me for one. (I'm clearly not vary talented...)

I actually don't know it. I went to elementary school in RCSD2 and they didn't teach it. The elem school where my mom worked until this school year in RCSD2 also doesn't teach it.

My 16 year old niece just had her first holiday romance(she swears they didn't even kiss, he has a gf) but she so heartbroken. We went to the store and I asked her what drink she wanted and her reply was "anything but coke, Jack loves coke" So as a good aunt Ive given her the men are evil and will ruin you just like he has ruined coke for you speech.

Umm, that is a hard question because Atlanta is VERY spread out. It doesn't work like most cities. Atlanta sprawls and people who live 50 miles away from the heart of the city still say they live in Atlanta. Southwest is also Peachtree City and that is a great place to live. Really need to know what you are trying to do for work and what is your goal and I can recommend places. I live in Northwest Atlanta OTP (outside the perimeter). I am 50 minutes from downtown and it is nice out here.
My parents live in kennesaw so that's really the only area I'm familiar with. Ideally I would like to live within 285, if that makes since. I work within the restaurant industry as a cook so any area that has lots of hotels or restaurants is where I'm aiming to live. I'm not really familiar with residential areas and all up there though.

My parents live in kennesaw so that's really the only area I'm familiar with. Ideally I would like to live within 285, if that makes since. I work within the restaurant industry as a cook so any area that has lots of hotels or restaurants is where I'm aiming to live. I'm not really familiar with residential areas and all up there though.

285 is called the perimeter. OTP is outside the perimeter (where I live). ITP inside.

Look into Vinings, Buckhead, and Midtown.

I would say figure out where you are going (school or work) and move as close to there as possible. Traffic in Atlanta is TERRIBLE! I would not live more than 5-10 miles from where you need to go or you could be looking at really long commutes.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It was weird. At first I was like what's all the hype about but the end got much better.

ETA: Has anyone read If I Stay? I saw a pre-screening if the movie on Monday and it was really good (and terribly sad. I never cry and I was tearing up throughout). I feel like now I have to read the books!

I saw If I Stay today. I do think anyone else on the theatre (there were only 5 of us) had read the book, so at the end they just say there and said "this is it? How does it end?"

Back