OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Yeah that's the one! It's like 20 mins from my house but I don't care I'll make the trip

Ahh neat! My friends lives in Pearl River, NY. I don't know if you know where it is. It's like right on the NY/NJ border. She's super excited for it.

But NJ has Trader Joe's and that's almost superior to Weggies!

Almost is the key word there :p we're getting a trader joes up here at the same time they're getting wegmans. The same friend always tells me how great trader joes is, what a coincidence. But I'm wicked excited to experience trader joes!

Today was my first university cheer practice since last year and we decided to do a lap on the track. I was late getting outside so decided to sprint half to catch my friends... Worst mistake ever, just about took an asthma attack (I'm a severe asthmatic and heavily medicated) first time I've felt like that in five years!

Almost is the key word there :p we're getting a trader joes up here at the same time they're getting wegmans. The same friend always tells me how great trader joes is, what a coincidence. But I'm wicked excited to experience trader joes!
Try the low fat kettle corn and the dark chocolate covered acai berries. Trader Joe's was my lifeline when I was living in NJ. Best prepared meals and everything is low price. I think that's why I like it more than Wegman's. Wegman's is stinking expensive.

Try the low fat kettle corn and the dark chocolate covered acai berries. Trader Joe's was my lifeline when I was living in NJ. Best prepared meals and everything is low price. I think that's why I like it more than Wegman's. Wegman's is stinking expensive.

Thanks! I'll definitely try those things! Anything dark chocolate is my ish. I can't wait til it opens! I've only heard wonderful things about it! I'm hoping it survives - they're building it in the same area of our largest Wegmans, so I know it will have competition but im crossing my fingers it stays up and running so I can explore it thoroughly.

And yes, wegmans is expensive, especially the prepared meals, but I don't mind paying a little bit extra if I know the quality is good. Their prepared meals are always a treat to me. I don't know how people afford to eat their prepared meals everyday. Like please tell me how to get your job!

But NJ has Trader Joe's and that's almost superior to Weggies!

Pfffffffffft. Not even in the same universe. Don't get me wrong, I love tj's, but no way can they compare to Wegmans.

Now Marianos? Definitely a contender to help my lack of Wegmans issue. Not all of them, but the 3 story one we just got by my house is amazing - the ones in the suburbs are nowhere near like it (they're like a regular grocery store, with maybe some extras) - at least the ones I've seen.

The Marianos by my house is as close to beating Wegmans as I've ever seen:

- wine bar (like a real bar, with live music) with a happy hour
-grill/bar area with fireplace and lounge chairs
- oyster bar (yes, drink beer and eat raw oysters IN THE GROCERY STORE)
- sushi bar (and I don't mean the grocery store kind where they roll it there. I mean a real sushi bar, where you sit and eat and drink sake and sapporo)
- bbq place
- wood fired pizza bar
- gelato shop and coffee bar with fireplace and sofas

Oh... And they have the regular grocery store, salad bar, deli, hot bar, etc that all the other Marianos have. It's like the hottest place to go for dinner on Friday nights in my neighborhood Lol. We go for sushi or oysters (and wine) - and then when you're done with dinner, you literally walk around the store with your glass of wine and do your grocery shopping.

They will also cook your meats there - so you go to the grocery section (the size of any large chain grocery store anywhere) and choose some steaks, and they'll grill them up there in front of you. You can eat them at the bar or take them home.

It's the greatest grocery store ever. Maybe better than Wegmans! :eek: Yep, I grew up in Rochester, NY, shopping at the original Wegmans when they were still local mom & pop shops... And I've made this blasphemous statement!

Just finished watching the Season Finale of Dexter on Netflix. Any recommendations of what to watch on Netflix besides OITNB or Breaking bad?

so that creepy cheerlover dude started following me on instagram, because of the instagram thread that was started. but according to his profile he hasnt been active since 2013 on here. kinda weird.

Ahh neat! My friends lives in Pearl River, NY. I don't know if you know where it is. It's like right on the NY/NJ border. She's super excited for it.

They definitely have some good stuff.

Pfffffffffft. Not even in the same universe. Don't get me wrong, I love tj's, but no way can they compare to Wegmans.

Now Marianos? Definitely a contender to help my lack of Wegmans issue. Not all of them, but the 3 story one we just got by my house is amazing - the ones in the suburbs are nowhere near like it (they're like a regular grocery store, with maybe some extras) - at least the ones I've seen.

The Marianos by my house is as close to beating Wegmans as I've ever seen:

- wine bar (like a real bar, with live music) with a happy hour
-grill/bar area with fireplace and lounge chairs
- oyster bar (yes, drink beer and eat raw oysters IN THE GROCERY STORE)
- sushi bar (and I don't mean the grocery store kind where they roll it there. I mean a real sushi bar, where you sit and eat and drink sake and sapporo)
- bbq place
- wood fired pizza bar
- gelato shop and coffee bar with fireplace and sofas

Oh... And they have the regular grocery store, salad bar, deli, hot bar, etc that all the other Marianos have. It's like the hottest place to go for dinner on Friday nights in my neighborhood Lol. We go for sushi or oysters (and wine) - and then when you're done with dinner, you literally walk around the store with your glass of wine and do your grocery shopping.

They will also cook your meats there - so you go to the grocery section (the size of any large chain grocery store anywhere) and choose some steaks, and they'll grill them up there in front of you. You can eat them at the bar or take them home.

It's the greatest grocery store ever. Maybe better than Wegmans! :eek: Yep, I grew up in Rochester, NY, shopping at the original Wegmans when they were still local mom & pop shops... And I've made this blasphemous statement!

That sounds like Milwaukee Public Market! I've only been there once but it has fresh fruit & veggies, a super heathy smoothie & salad bar, chocolate shop, wine bar, fresh seafood, gourmet meats, a bakery, florist, Mexican restaurant, bread place, soup place, pita place, coffee, sushi, Belgian cafe and beer, spice place, cheese, oils, and clothes.

ETA: I had to google what they all have. Definitely couldn't remember all that from my one trip.

so that creepy cheerlover dude started following me on instagram, because of the instagram thread that was started. but according to his profile he hasnt been active since 2013 on here. kinda weird.
It is possible he lurks without logging in or has a second account.

Back