OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I've been halfway considering a move to Chicago and @Just-a-Mom talking about that grocery store just might convince me to go for it. That sounds incredible!!

We go all the time! Not all the marianos in the city are like that, but the one at Ravenswood is.

Of course, other than that store... I personally think Chicago is the worst place on earth to live, so I cannot say the store is worth all the garbage that comes with it! But it sure is one of the things I will miss the most when we leave.

The reasons I'm fat

Less then 1 mile from me

Chick fil a
Wendy's
Whataburger
Taco Bell
Chipoltle
Five guys
Bahama bucks
And across the street from work is Raising Canes!

All the best places to eat and so many decisions everyday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oooh tell me about these Swede-fied tacos. They sound good.

Sorry I responded so late. had to go to bed. The Swede-fied tacos is like A LOt of vegetabled Grounded beef some sauce and Taco shella. mostly you put it together your self at home and you put all the vegetables in different bowls and everyone can pick what they want and some families have like Guaq and other stuff like that. the Swede-fied thing i think is that its mostly from home and no one buys tacos at resturants. anyway there are basicly no Taco chains. And the things you put in the tacos. We have no beans.

Guys. I have a confession. I don't like Chipotle. Which is apparently a crime around here.
It's not that it's awful, I just don't think it's as awesome as everyone claims it to be.

I agree with you...but I got really sick off of it so now when I eat the chips or the chicken tacos (or anything with the chicken) it just makes me want to puke. I can eat the cheese quesadilla!

Reactions: Ems
Sorry I responded so late. had to go to bed. The Swede-fied tacos is like A LOt of vegetabled Grounded beef some sauce and Taco shella. mostly you put it together your self at home and you put all the vegetables in different bowls and everyone can pick what they want and some families have like Guaq and other stuff like that. the Swede-fied thing i think is that its mostly from home and no one buys tacos at resturants. anyway there are basicly no Taco chains. And the things you put in the tacos. We have no beans.

Ohhhh gotchya! Then I guess I had Swede-fied tacos tonight for dinner :p My family does tacos at home at least every other week and I'm getting so sick of them. Thought the "swede-fied" thing could switch it up a bit.

Guys. I have a confession. I don't like Chipotle. Which is apparently a crime around here.
It's not that it's awful, I just don't think it's as awesome as everyone claims it to be.

It's really overrated, I will say that. I do like that they try their best to locally source their food, although idk how much they actually do it compared to how much they say it. And it tastes a tad bit fresher than other "fast food" food. I've only had it twice though, it's not my favorite place to go but when the choice is either Moe's or Chipotle, I will always pick Chipotle. Although the soda machines at Moe's are awesome!

I'm just really picky about my Mexican food. It's my favorite type of food and I like the good stuff! So Taco Bell, Moe's, chipotle, etc, never excite me.

Ohhhh gotchya! Then I guess I had Swede-fied tacos tonight for dinner :p My family does tacos at home at least every other week and I'm getting so sick of them. Thought the "swede-fied" thing could switch it up a bit.

It's really overrated, I will say that. I do like that they try their best to locally source their food, although idk how much they actually do it compared to how much they say it. And it tastes a tad bit fresher than other "fast food" food. I've only had it twice though, it's not my favorite place to go but when the choice is either Moe's or Chipotle, I will always pick Chipotle. Although the soda machines at Moe's are awesome!

I'm just really picky about my Mexican food. It's my favorite type of food and I like the good stuff! So Taco Bell, Moe's, chipotle, etc, never excite me.
I can't see where your from because I'm on my phone, but I live in California, so there are loads of places I can go to get really good Mexican food. Yummmm. Now I want to get a burrito.

you should try New Mexican food. Mix of Spanish/Hispanic/native American. You never tried "real chile" unless you tried nm chile.

I can't see where your from because I'm on my phone, but I live in California, so there are loads of places I can go to get really good Mexican food. Yummmm. Now I want to get a burrito.

Upstate, NY. Very, very far away from your land of glorious Mexican food.

Side note: I forreal thought you were from England. Like I would've bet money on it I was so sure. I really don't know why.

Upstate, NY. Very, very far away from your land of glorious Mexican food.

Side note: I forreal thought you were from England. Like I would've bet money on it I was so sure. I really don't know why.
Nope. California girl, born and raised! But surprisingly, a lot of people think I'm British. Like people have legitimately come up to me and asked if I'm from England and say that I speak with a British accent (I don't). And it's happened more than once.

Nope. California girl, born and raised! But surprisingly, a lot of people think I'm British. Like people have legitimately come up to me and asked if I'm from England and say that I speak with a British accent (I don't). And it's happened more than once.

Maybe in a different life you were a British citizen. I'm still laughing at myself for thinking you were from England. I was really confused thinking England had Chipotle haha.

you should try New Mexican food. Mix of Spanish/Hispanic/native American. You never tried "real chile" unless you tried nm chile.

I haven't heard of that but I will keep my eyes open now and see if we have any places like that here. I'm intrigued, it sound delicious.

I swear I was born by the wrong border. Sorry canada. Your maple syrup is good and all but I don't understand your Canadian bacon (it's just ham!?!) and your poutine has started to infiltrate our country! :p

Maybe in a different life you were a British citizen. I'm still laughing at myself for thinking you were from England. I was really confused thinking England had Chipotle haha.

I haven't heard of that but I will keep my eyes open now and see if we have any places like that here. I'm intrigued, it sound delicious.

I swear I was born by the wrong border. Sorry canada. Your maple syrup is good and all but I don't understand your Canadian bacon (it's just ham!?!) and your poutine has started to infiltrate our country! :p
its Hatch Green Chile. Hatch is a town that grows it or the authentic NM Chile. This time of the year everyone is selling fresh green Chile and roasting them on site. Yummy there's nothing like it. You may get some frozen one from Bueno. Idk if you can get it in NY. Any nm/Mexican restaurant will as a very important questions-Red or Green? Which is red chile(dried green Chile) or green(fresh) Chile.

ETA: idk if Bueno has web site, but coming to NM is a better way to taste it. And New Mexicans don't put tomato sauce in their chile. Its just Chile.

This makes no sense to me and the only reason why I know about the "poutine" is because I'm of French Canadian descent and I reside in the Metro Detroit area. Poutine is "gravy". I strongly doubt OP is from Michigan though. Just adding my knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back