OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I thought so too, especially since they're not even competing against each other.
No one knows what happened except for the people that are there, but I imagine SE and CE athletes are close, and perhaps Orange and Steel athletes are too, so if you talk about one team you may as well be talking about the other. You stick up for family.

I swear... Am I the only person that can NEVER see stuff on here? Everyone has these 5 page conversations and I'm over here like, "Yep, I'm ignoring it - because as usual all I see is 'unsupported video'"

I tried @HeresAThought 's trick of changing to web view and I still can't see it. Can someone just post the stupid video and not the link? Or send it to me? Or really, just tell me wtf it is.

I swear... Am I the only person that can NEVER see stuff on here? Everyone has these 5 page conversations and I'm over here like, "Yep, I'm ignoring it - because as usual all I see is 'unsupported video'"

I tried @HeresAThought 's trick of changing to web view and I still can't see it. Can someone just post the stupid video and not the link? Or send it to me? Or really, just tell me wtf it is.

it's a vine of a stingray steel member cursing off/threatening to fight a senior elite girl at worlds on the baseball field. i don't know how to work vine, really, or i'd send it to you.

i'd like to pretend they're really friends and just joking... but it looks kind of serious.

Honestly, if they were really serious, I think it would have been posted and gone viral much sooner.

it's a vine of a stingray steel member cursing off/threatening to fight a senior elite girl at worlds on the baseball field. i don't know how to work vine, really, or i'd send it to you.

i'd like to pretend they're really friends and just joking... but it looks kinds serious.
This reminds me of the large coed fight that broke out on Twitter right after Worlds. Things really escalated when someone (not sure what team they were on) insulted a guy from Cheetahs. Like an episode of National Geographic, the claws came OUT. A BUNCH of his teammates came to his defense. Can't blame them, since it feels as though the person is insulting you as well.

i didn't squash them!!! lol they're actually still whole in the vacuum. do they release scent in fear likes skunks? i have super sensitive hearing (probably due to my lack of vision) so i couldn't take the buzzing; they had to go. and there were just so many. yuck.

I moved up in December (crazy it's almost been a year.. fastest year of my life!) so i've almost experienced every season!
*shudders*

Sooooooooo... It's teenagers acting like every other teenager in the world?
But they put it on social media while in uniform. Plus, cheerleaders are expected to be role models. It's considered worse for a cheerleader to make a mistake than it is for an athlete of a different sport to do the same.

@njallday I HIGHLY doubt he would have gone through with it. Too many people around for a successful beatdown.

I can never see anything either...I only know what we're talking about because I had seen it on tumblr already. I think web view only works for twitter stuff.

ETA: The way the girl was reacting is why I thought it was a joke. Doesn't seem like she's taking it too seriously

Last edited:
But they put it on social media while in uniform. Plus, cheerleaders are expected to be role models. It's considered worse for a cheerleader to make a mistake than it is for an athlete of a different sport to do the same.
I'm not arguing with you specifically - just using your post as a jumping point, and I'm not a fan of bad sportsmanship, but I'm not sure why cheerleaders are held to a higher standard than any other sport. We see things like this in football, softball, hockey and other sports all the time and no one is bothered by it. It's a sport - things get competitive, and things get said. I've never been a fan of the "you can't show any emotion whatsoever when second place is called even though you just won" rule either so I am probably in the minority on this too.

I'm not arguing with you specifically - just using your post as a jumping point, and I'm not a fan of bad sportsmanship, but I'm not sure why cheerleaders are held to a higher standard than any other sport. We see things like this in football, softball, hockey and other sports all the time and no one is bothered by it. It's a sport - things get competitive, and things get said. I've never been a fan of the "you can't show any emotion whatsoever when second place is called even though you just won" rule either so I am probably in the minority on this too.

Because we're the only athletes that are also expected to be community and school leaders. The double standard springs from that.

Neither am I, it's not realistic.

i wouldnt necessarily agree with cheerleaders being held at a higher standard then other sports...sorry...... but athletes as a whole are held at a higher standard when it comes to behavior, especially in uniform, regardless if its the nba, mlb, high school sports or college. i dont know much about that video, or if it was taken before or after awards either. im guessing before.... clearly it happened months ago, but i would hope coaches at Stingrays would be aware of this happening anyways, considering two teams and bystanders sat there and watched him flip out.

I can never see anything either...I only know what we're talking about because I had seen it on tumblr already. I think web view only works for twitter stuff.

ETA: The way the girl was reacting is why I thought it was a joke. Doesn't seem like she's taking it too seriously

On my phone, looking at her post from web view loaded the vine right on the post.

I would post the video for JAM but I'm on my phone and can't imbed or whatever

my stinkbug story:

A couple of weeks after I moved to this area, I had a shoulder surgery. That evening, I was asleep in my chair VERY HEAVILY SEDATED with my arm wrapped and sling. I awoke to something buzzing around me. As I opened my eyes, it flew right at my nose and tried to land!!

It looked like some crazy prehistoric ugly creature was trying to attack me. I freaked out and without thinking , swung my just operated on arm at it. I also arched my back so badly, that I flipped the recliner over!

My husband came running to find me upside down, under a chair, bawling because I was convinced that I ripped out everything that they just operated on.

Needless to say, I HATE stinkbugs! I had never seen one before that day!

Last edited:
my stinkbug story:

A couple of weeks after I moved to this area, I had a shoulder surgery. That evening, I was asleep in my chair VERY HEAVILY SEDATED with my arm wrapped and sling. I awoke to something buzzing around me. As I opened my eyes, it flew right at my nose and tried to land!!

It looked like some crazy prehistoric ugly creature was trying to attack me. I freaked out and without thinking , swung my just operated arm at it. I also arched my back so badly, that I flipped the recliner over!

My husband came running to find me upside down, under a chair, bawling because I was convinced that I ripped out everything that they just operated on.

Needless to say, I HATE stinkbugs! I had never seen one before that day!
Did you?

Back