OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I asked my boyfriend to homecoming today, so of course I posted it on Twitter. One particular comment said "Way to be brave and ask your man" ??? What is he going to say? No? Sometimes I don't get people..

ShopBop is having its Friends and Family sale right now which means 25% off EVERYTHING. I just got 2 pairs of duck boots (one Sorel, one Sperry) and a Rebecca Minkoff bag for $315. Before you all think I'm a diva, one pair of boots was for my fiance for Christmas.

Use the code FAMILY25.
I feel like every time you post I end up buying something... But no complaints because it's always good deals! :p One of my best friends works at journeys so I get her employee friend/family discount or whatever it is whenever I want new shoes and I've really wanted those sperry duck boots and I was gonna wait buuut... NOPE. Needed them now lol!

I feel like every time you post I end up buying something... But no complaints because it's always good deals! :p One of my best friends works at journeys so I get her employee friend/family discount or whatever it is whenever I want new shoes and I've really wanted those sperry duck boots and I was gonna wait buuut... NOPE. Needed them now lol!
Sorry chick! Guess great minds think alike. :) I got the green ones.

The college I'm thinking about breaks down the semesters in half, so I'll be taking 2 classes every 8 weeks instead of traditional 4 classes every 16 weeks (semester). I'm planning to go pre-med, so a biology degree, and I'm just wondering about what everyone thinks about how they do that? Is it easier because you only have two classes to focus on, or harder because you have to learn everything so much faster?

The college I'm thinking about breaks down the semesters in half, so I'll be taking 2 classes every 8 weeks instead of traditional 4 classes every 16 weeks (semester). I'm planning to go pre-med, so a biology degree, and I'm just wondering about what everyone thinks about how they do that? Is it easier because you only have two classes to focus on, or harder because you have to learn everything so much faster?
It would be great to only focus on two classes at one time. But can you graduate undergrad in the traditional four years with that? I transferred in a couple high school credits, I took 5 classes a semester every semester, plus one or two summer classes each summer and finished with just enough credits to graduate on time.

All depends on your curriculum, I suppose. And how many credits you're entering with.

Do you remember how many credits you needed to graduate? At my school we need 128 and majority of our classes are 4 credits. Most people take 16 credits each semester which would get them out in exactly four years.
126 and majority of classes are 3 credits. So that translates into about 42 classes. Most people took 5 classes (or 15 credits) a semester, which leaves two classes to be made up elsewhere. More of course if you elected to take four courses a semester or ended up dropping something. Or failed, lol

It would be great to only focus on two classes at one time. But can you graduate undergrad in the traditional four years with that? I transferred in a couple high school credits, I took 5 classes a semester every semester, plus one or two summer classes each summer and finished with just enough credits to graduate on time.

All depends on your curriculum, I suppose. And how many credits you're entering with.
Yes you graduate in four years. They also have it where you can take three classes at once and you can graduate in three years and that's really popular with a lot of kids who aren't in sports, but I will not be doing that.

Yes you graduate in four years. They also have it where you can take three classes at once and you can graduate in three years and that's really popular with a lot of kids who aren't in sports, but I will not be doing that.
My school just started the three year program as well for select majors. Pretty interesting. Nothing in the school that I was in, but a lot of the most popular majors can now be completed in three years instead of four. It won't begin until next year so it remains to be seen how popular it will be.

I would have jumped at the opportunity to earn an degree in 3 years, but probably not so much with a major with biology

I technically finished undergrad in 3 1/2 years and hung around an extra semester because none of my friends were graduating. (My degree program was 124 hours, I never went to summer school, I didn't bring any credits from high school, and I always took an extra class every semester because I like having a lot of work to do....one semester I cheered, took 18 hours, had an internship at a radio station and worked at a shoe store. )

I would think that having 2 classes per 8 weeks would make it easier to focus. Yes you're learning everything quickly, but at least you're not learning several subjects quickly. I think I'd enjoy it.

I would have jumped at the opportunity to earn an degree in 3 years, but probably not so much with a major with biology

I technically finished undergrad in 3 1/2 years and hung around an extra semester because none of my friends were graduating. (My degree program was 124 hours, I never went to summer school, I didn't bring any credits from high school, and I always took an extra class every semester because I like having a lot of work to do....one semester I cheered, took 18 hours, had an internship at a radio station and worked at a shoe store. )

I would think that having 2 classes per 8 weeks would make it easier to focus. Yes you're learning everything quickly, but at least you're not learning several subjects quickly. I think I'd enjoy it.
Thank you! I think I would like it better, I just wanted a few more opinions :)

Back