OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Loooove Jodi picoult. She covers so many difficult topics but manages to make her books realistic and not romanticized. I've never read one of hers that I didn't like.
It's been years but I'm still mad about the My Sister's Keeper movie.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Me too! Worst book to movie adaption I've ever seen. I will never not be mad about that.

So I graduated high school last night, and I'm so proud that I kept it together. My friends mostly kids I've known since the first grade, and I also have a lot of middle school to high school friends. It's so crazy that we are all going our separate ways after all this time. Not to mention my high school made school ten times more entertaining by always having something happening and giving me tons of memories like a bomb threat on the same day of an AP Exam or having the president visit twice! I'm excited for my new journey but I'm truly going to miss school.

Me last night: Mom, if you don't book a room in Baton Rouge for tomorrow it'll all be sold out.
Her: I know, I'm going to.
Me this morning: Mom, you really need to book this hotel room, we aren't gonna have a place to stay.
Her: yeah, I'm about to.
Her this evening when all the rooms are booked: I wish I would have known it would be like this earlier.
Me: :banghead:

i liked the hunger games series a lot, except for the last book. also to be honest reading the second book was a lot to take in for just one book. the third book, ehh. The Maze Runner is an AWESOME book however, i finished the first one in like two days, currently reading the second one "the scorch trials". if you like the hunger games book/movies the maze runner is a great book to read. im just hoping the movie doesnt ruin it, the book was so good, if they mess up the movie ill be pissed.

My abs hurt from laughing so hard at this. I'm doing that laugh where you're not breathing or making any sounds but you're making the ugliest face possible.

I'm not sure whats funnier, the parent's answers or the kids reactions to the parent's answers.

my mom would've aced that! My dad didn't read the books and I don't think he saw all the movies and still could've answered most of those. Like a house in hogwarts? Come on!

The video of The Roots on one of the rides there is equally as entertaining. Except I don't think I can post it because like 85% of it is bleeped out...

Yes I just watched that one too. That one guy was not happy about it.
The mascot dance off video is so funny too and I'm secretly wondering if the person inside the dragon costume was a cheerleader :p

I got an interview at Buckle and I'm prayinngggg that I actually get the job.

You'd be surprised how many jobs I've applied for this summer that haven't hired me bc I have almost no experience working. Cross your fingers for me!!

Oh & if anyone has ever worked at Buckle- do you wear a cute outfit from Buckle to your interview or just dress up like you would an interview somewhere else?

i liked the hunger games series a lot, except for the last book. also to be honest reading the second book was a lot to take in for just one book. the third book, ehh. The Maze Runner is an AWESOME book however, i finished the first one in like two days, currently reading the second one "the scorch trials". if you like the hunger games book/movies the maze runner is a great book to read. im just hoping the movie doesnt ruin it, the book was so good, if they mess up the movie ill be pissed.
YAAS to the Maze Runner! The Scorch Trials was my least favorite of the series, but the third one was a lot better. I almost had to force myself to finish it though. And I'm kinda sorta really freaking out about this movie.

The cruise to Bermuda is all booked for August 8! Seriously so excited. The most I've ever done for a vacation is drive to Georgia to visit my grandmother. I'm so excited to be going on a cruise!! Anyone have any tips for fun things to do?

I have tons of cruise tips, let's see...

1). Not sure if you've already booked your flights but we've found it's better to fly into where ever the ship is leaving from a day early. On our first cruise we flew in the day the cruise left and we almost missed it due to a huge flight delay.

2). Try excursions at the ports of call! They can be pricey but are a lot of fun. We usually try to do one excursion on one island and shop at the other. Make sure to book them ASAP because they fill up fast!

3). Disney did this but I'm sure that other cruise lines do too, for shopping go to the shopping presentation they do on the ship. They'll tell you where to get the best deals and which places to skip.

4). Diamonds International VIP Lounge- Get the VIP card from the shopping presentation and go up to the VIP Lounge. You can basically get whatever drink you want for free (and as many as you want) and they have free internet up there too.
(Disclaimer: Not all stores have them)

There's probably more but I'm just blanking right now. If you have any cruise related questions then PM me! I've been on a bunch and just got back from one a few weeks ago. You're gonna love it!

The cruise to Bermuda is all booked for August 8! Seriously so excited. The most I've ever done for a vacation is drive to Georgia to visit my grandmother. I'm so excited to be going on a cruise!! Anyone have any tips for fun things to do?

As @BuegeSmalls mentioned, look into the excursions before you go and have them all booked. This way you save the time once you get off the ship and make sure you will get to do what you would like to do.
If there is any thought getting seasick, get yourself the patches, sea bands and Dramamine before hand so you can start them right away. I might even wear the seas bands when you first board just to be on the safe side.
Bermuda is supposed to be gorgeous. Have a great time!

Thanks for the responses!
We're shipping out of Boston so we don't have to fly. I think we might catch a red sox game the night before too :)

I'm looking up things to do on the ship and it seems like theres a lot so thats exciting. I'll have to look up excursions in Bermuda too. Thanks for the advice I'll definitely let you all know if I need more :)

Back