OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My brother has ALS (along with many other issues like cerebral palsy), I donate enough of my life to him, a 15 second video or a donation isn't going to do anything, I won't be doing it even though I was nominated last night
I agree with you. It's nice that people are donating and doing the challenge but it really isn't going to be doing anything but raising awareness. Here in New Zealand, it's the middle of winter and a lot of my friends are throwing ice cold water over their heads in 10 or even 5 degree weather!
Wow -- awareness and donations don't do anything.... I guess the millions of dollars raised due to all of the videos won't do anything either. :confused:
I'm not saying anyone has to do the challenge or donate, but it certainly has done many good things. Awareness is a very good thing, so even if it only raises awareness the mission has been accomplished. The money raised has been an added bonus. Above and beyond the money raised - I had a friend from high school that I have only kept contact with on facebook. She commented on my video that her husband was diagnosed with ALS last year and it has been a very difficult year for her and her family. The videos have made her cry - she was overwhelmed that so many people would take the time to acknowledge ALS and it was the first time she hadn't felt alone in her difficult journey. That alone was worth doing the challenge.
ETA: this video, although long, is well worth watching.

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out what #bkpdpartner means....

ETA: Wait, maybe Burger King Paid Partner? Whyyyy?

if that is actually what it means, at least they're letting you know they're being compensated for saying that. there are a few blogs i keep up with and if they are being sponsored to talk about a certain product or topic, they make a disclaimer prior to their post... which to me means, "take this with a grain of salt." i think the cheerleb posts should do the same, and say when they're being sponsored and paid to talk about burger king and salsa.

Back