OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My friend who is the fanatic football player is so bummed her daughters team is at 7:20 is RI. I am sure many dads r not going to Sunday competition!

I think we're competing early in Providence. Like really early for an open team. The Super Bowl is the only reason I'm okay with this fact.

I'm sure the restaurants in the mall will be packed with parents.

I think we're competing early in Providence. Like really early for an open team. The Super Bowl is the only reason I'm okay with this fact.

I heard the same for CPs team, but aren't the awards for level 5 and 6 still at like 9pm?
I thought Providence had changed their date several years ago to accommodate Superbowl Sunday since it was often a New England or New York team who made it to the Superbowl. I know it used to be Superbowl Sunday years ago, but for the last several years I thought it was the weekend before, since we normally celebrate CPs bday in Providence. Anyway, I missed most of the AFC Championship game due to CPs' awards (although it was well worth it :D) but I'm not sure I can miss Superbowl this year! This is a struggle!!

Yes our I5 is at 10:40. I hope awards are at a reasonable time!

I heard the same for CPs team, but aren't the awards for level 5 and 6 still at like 9pm?
I thought Providence had changed their date several years ago to accommodate Superbowl Sunday since it was often a New England or New York team who made it to the Superbowl. I know it used to be Superbowl Sunday years ago, but for the last several years I thought it was the weekend before, since we normally celebrate CPs bday in Providence. Anyway, I missed most of the AFC Championship game due to CPs' awards (although it was well worth it :D) but I'm not sure I can miss Superbowl this year! This is a struggle!!

I have no idea when awards are, they weren't very late last year. I remember it being Superbowl Sunday one of the year's the Pats made it. It does seem a week late this year.

I missed the Ravens game because I had signed up for Paint Nite a month earlier for that same night. I missed Sunday's game for practice. I would like to see one playoff game!

Sooo I've been apartment hunting for the past few months, trying to get an idea of location, price range, distance from school and work and I think I've found a place, I really love it. Not that big.. around 650 sq ft but it'll just be me living there and I don't need alot of space. Anyways, I've budgeted everything out, and I'll end up with $200 for groceries, now I'm a beginner cook and can make some simple meals, anyone have tips on cheap grocery shopping and quick and cheap meals that are good?
Eating healthy on a cheap budget (this is a link, btw)

Thanks everyone!!

I'm going to hit up Pinterest for some meal planning ideas :)

I have a cheap soup recipe for you! We call this "get well soup," but you can use it anytime. It's ramen noodle soup beef broth packet, crushed ramen noodles, diced part of an onion, diced tomatoes, diced garlic clove (or less if you want), a sprinkle of ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes cooked in a pot on the stove over medium heat. I don't know the specific amounts since my mom started making this in college as something good and cheap to cook when sick. The reason we call it "get well soup" is because the spice (we use a lot of red pepper flakes) opens your sinuses.

Whaaaaaat? The only cheese you like? Do you know what you're missing out on?

I seriously read that last night and was genuinely sad for @omgitssydthekid. Cheese is EVERYTHING.

Once my old room mate and I stayed up late ranking cheeses in order from our favorites to least favorite. Cheese is an important part of my life. Coincidently, Parmesan is my least favorite. Especially the kind in the canister.
Yes, I'm ignoring all cheese haters now. Ever since they first posted about their dislike of cheese, I refuse to even acknowledge this foolery. My brain cannot process a sentence that involves anything negative about cheese.

Cheese is life.

A life without cheese is a life without joy.

Yes, I'm ignoring all cheese haters now. Ever since they first posted about their dislike of cheese, I refuse to even acknowledge this foolery. My brain cannot process a sentence that involves anything negative about cheese.

Cheese is life.

A life without cheese is a life without joy.
The less cheese that they eat; the more cheese for us!

Yes, cheese is life.

I have a cheap soup recipe for you! We call this "get well soup," but you can use it anytime. It's ramen noodle soup beef broth packet, crushed ramen noodles, diced part of an onion, diced tomatoes, diced garlic clove (or less if you want), a sprinkle of ground black pepper, and red pepper flakes cooked in a pot on the stove over medium heat. I don't know the specific amounts since my mom started making this in college as something good and cheap to cook when sick. The reason we call it "get well soup" is because the spice (we use a lot of red pepper flakes) opens your sinuses.
Sounds yummy! I love soup! Will give it a try :)

I'm taking an online psych class this semester. We had answer some pretty in depth questions about ourselves to the class forum, and I wrote quite a bit about cheerleading.

Someone replied to my forum post and said she had heard of this youtube show about "the Cali smoed" and she watches it every week. She has absolutely zero connection to allstar cheerleading. We always talk about "outsider's perspective" but I didn't actually think someone with no prior knowledge of cheerleading would be watching.

Back