OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I will never understand how or why they have gotten two different names. When I lived in Nevada, they were Caramel Delights. Then we moved to the Midwest and they're called samoas.

They're made by two different bakeries - Little Brownie and ABC - some share the same name and others like Samoas/Caramel Delights and Shortbread/Trefoil are different depending on which bakery serves that region. Here, we're right on the line between the bakery regions, so we get both depending on which troop we buy from.

It's girl scout cookie season...
efcae132ea3c19a542aa761e4babc1a6.jpg

Two little girls that I coach hit me up for Girl Scout cookies....I bought boxes from both of them [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long does a potential roommate have to ignore my message before it's acceptable to be like "hey... You there?" I know she's seen it because we were DMing on Twitter and she's been tweeting so... I wouldn't be that concerned except that she was like "actually idk if I'm going there anymore..." And then disappeared. It's been almost 3 days

How long does a potential roommate have to ignore my message before it's acceptable to be like "hey... You there?" I know she's seen it because we were DMing on Twitter and she's been tweeting so... I wouldn't be that concerned except that she was like "actually idk if I'm going there anymore..." And then disappeared. It's been almost 3 days

Was the last thing you sent a question? If she doesn't know what she's doing, she might just not have anything to tell you in regards to housing and therefore isn't responding. But I think it's perfectly fine to let her know that if she doesn't know what her plans are that you will keep looking for a room mate until she tells you if she is definitely going there and would like to room with you.

I never even knew this until this very moment. Mind. Blown.

There are a few variations in the names. I know they vary in SC alone because of the bakeries.

I know some places call one of the peanut butter cookies do si does or something

That's good to hear because they've been downhill season 4 and I'm bored for the first 30 or so mins of the first episode of season 6

I loved the last few episodes!! I fast forwarded 90% of the ivy dickens and Diana/Nate story lines in seasons 4/5 because I was bored out of my mind and just didn't care about what they were doing, honestly.

I talked to maybe 10 potential roommates, some never answered. Sometimes it takes messaging a bunch of people to find the one that clicks

I loved the last few episodes!! I fast forwarded 90% of the ivy dickens and Diana/Nate story lines in seasons 4/5 because I was bored out of my mind and just didn't care about what they were doing, honestly.

I'm trying to not skip ahead....despite the fact that I already know how it ends

Ivy dickens has the worst voice in the history of voices

I've also spent the past 5 seasons wishing I could take a comb or a brush to Serena's head.

Last edited:

Where did you end up deciding?

And if she still hasn't responded, I would continue to look for a roommate. My college had this roommate quiz thing online where it would match you with someone based on your results. It's not totally accurate of course but my roommate and I ended up become best friends. Is that an option at your school? I don't know of any freshman (back when I was a freshman) that picked their roommates, I think everyone did the online thing.

My cps' have an acquaintance in their freshman class who made an attempt on Wednesday night. She is a really sweet girl with a boatload of family drama who seems to look for attention and love in all the worst ways.

I hope she is okay.

I am sorry for everyone's losses.
@jacqui_perez - strength and understanding to you and your friends.
@Twinklestars I'll keep her in my prayers. I hope everything turns out alright for her!
@mamabear Thank you.

Where did you end up deciding?

And if she still hasn't responded, I would continue to look for a roommate. My college had this roommate quiz thing online where it would match you with someone based on your results. It's not totally accurate of course but my roommate and I ended up become best friends. Is that an option at your school? I don't know of any freshman (back when I was a freshman) that picked their roommates, I think everyone did the online thing.

I technically haven't decided yet since I'm still waiting on UNC, but unless they give me a full ride (extremely doubtful, since I'm not even sure I'll be accepted, which is why I'm looking for a roommate) I'm going to Texas tech. I signed up for a room a while ago because their housing opens in November and I wanted to be able to pick my room. I wasn't really looking for a roommate since I wasn't 100% sure, but anyone can join your room at any time, and she joined mine. Which I don't mind at all since I don't know anyone there anyway.
I know I have no room to talk since I'm not 100% sure but I explained to her why and when I would know for sure and then when she said that I was like "oh, why?" and no reply so I'm not sure what to do about it. I know it's not an emergency though since I still have plenty of time to find someone. Just has me like :confused:
They don't have a roommate matcher that I know of, everyone else has just been posting on the admitted students page and there's nothing about it when you sign up for a room or get admitted

I technically haven't decided yet since I'm still waiting on UNC, but unless they give me a full ride (extremely doubtful, since I'm not even sure I'll be accepted, which is why I'm looking for a roommate) I'm going to Texas tech. I signed up for a room a while ago because their housing opens in November and I wanted to be able to pick my room. I wasn't really looking for a roommate since I wasn't 100% sure, but anyone can join your room at any time, and she joined mine. Which I don't mind at all since I don't know anyone there anyway.
I know I have no room to talk since I'm not 100% sure but I explained to her why and when I would know for sure and then when she said that I was like "oh, why?" and no reply so I'm not sure what to do about it. I know it's not an emergency though since I still have plenty of time to find someone. Just has me like :confused:
They don't have a roommate matcher that I know of, everyone else has just been posting on the admitted students page and there's nothing about it when you sign up for a room or get admitted

That's bizarre. My school had a little old lady that matched up freshman roommates for those who didn't want to live with someone they pre-selected. (tbh most people I know had MUCH better luck with the random lady's pick than their own pick.)

That is kind of a tough situation, but at least you have time to figure it out! And congratulations and good luck on UNC!!! [emoji4]

Back