OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
***Warning: Don't read post if you're tired of the cali koolaid. It's comp weekend so today I've been drinking cali koolaid like its my job.***

Just wanted to make an inclusive post about today. It's my first two day competition ever. My team hit- although I think we got an illegality. If you guys remember my post last comp we're kind of making history for this team so I really hope we can pull out a win tomorrow. My elite group has been struggling lately so when we hit I could see how proud my coach was. I almost cried when we finished the routine because I was so proud of my team. I talked to my coach from last year today and it went really good! I've was afraid it would be awkward. I thought Smoed was great. I know they had drops, but it was the best feeling to see how happy they looked. They all look like they love it so much and thats what the sports all about. I've never seen them do their routine in person and WOW are they fierce. There's certain parts that give me chills about that routine. The uniforms are a lot prettier in person than in the pictures. The back of the girls and the back of the boys go amazingly well. I believe their day 2 skirts will match better. Ops: They're from my location, I see them practice all the time, and I have friends on the team so no matter what they are my babies. I adore their uniforms. I think they shut it down today and I'm so glad they're first (for now) as far as worlds teams go. They make me so proud how hard they work and how it turns out. And yes- the orange bows are for Skylar. Sexy 6: I know so many people don't like the name, but I'm in love with it. The uniforms sparkle so much more under the lights and look a lot less white which I like. The back is my favorite part. They also stood out looking happy and effortless during the routine.

Would like to make a note on how many level 5 teams I saw with layouts today. I know gyms will do a lot to get a level 5 team, but I would rather have an awesome level 4 team than a level 5 team with one stunt up. Just my opinion.
Sorry this post was so long. Just wanted to say some things about today. Time to get up in 7 hours and do it all over again.
Carry on :p

Oh I've already hit up poundland for so many small things. I don't believe we have an ASDA however. Im going out on Monday to Boots if I can find it and not die walking back up the hill to my house.
ohh i feel you, the next supermarket when i lived in the UK was like an half an hour footwalk uphill away , going grocery shopping was exhausting, but at least i was in great shape at the end of the stay haha

I think the closest one with decent selection is a 20-25ish minute walk downhill but it takes about 45 minutes to walk back up that hill without groceries so you better believe I bought a bus pass.
Is there a Tesco near you? They always have a decent laundry supply section.
You should make friends with some with a car, I did that at uni as I was in a Welsh 'city' where the useful shops were either up/down hill or an hours walk away...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the closest one with decent selection is a 20-25ish minute walk downhill but it takes about 45 minutes to walk back up that hill without groceries so you better believe I bought a bus pass.

i ordered some groceries online at sainsburys once i think , it's nice but unfortunately it's not exactly the cheapest supermarket. I found those rolling grandma shopping bags really helpful , they look like backpacks with wheels i don't know if you know what i'm talking about , makes big shopping trips a lot easier (even with a bus pass )

I've seen a couple people use those! I just gave no clue where to get one or if it's even worth it since I'm only here till the end of May.

i don't remember where you could get them but i think in the bigger supermarkets, we had about 6 at them at our house because all the asian students bought their own and then left it there when they went back home , they shouldn't be too expensive

I've seen a couple people use those! I just gave no clue where to get one or if it's even worth it since I'm only here till the end of May.

I was actually going to recommend that you get one of those. We stayed in a friend's flat outside of London one vacation and the walk from the town center to her house was 100% uphill. That shopping cart was the best thing she had and we used it for every single shopping trip. Most of the medium sized supermarkets or even hardware type shops had them.

How are you finding Wales so far? I hope everything is going well :)

Its REALLY hilly and strange that everything closes at six including the busses which sort of sucks. But its so pretty that it makes up for it. Classes haven't started yet so everythings been moving slow and its kinda boring at the moment.
Hahahaha that's Aber! I had a friend from near there come and stay with me in London a few weeks ago and she about died at the concept of night buses Keep us updated! I'm glad you got the chance to go to a really pretty and underrated part of the UK.

Back