OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have to laugh at everyone grocery shopping when I am sure everyone can survive the 2 days if not more, we should be snowbound!

Its REALLY hilly and strange that everything closes at six including the busses which sort of sucks. But its so pretty that it makes up for it. Classes haven't started yet so everythings been moving slow and its kinda boring at the moment.
If you're bored pop up to Liverpool, it's awesome :) nightlife, shopping, food, I love it! Come and visit my gym as well, and you can even join in if you want ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Guys I'm so proud of my team today! We hit our routine nearly perfectly (a safety infraction but no other deductions) and got first! It's exciting because this is our gyms first year and we've only gone to two other comps that no teams got first at, so we're their first first place and it feels like we're making history :cloud9:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My random thoughts for the day:

1. Miss Jamaica was robbed. I don't even understand - she is EVERYTHING. (except Miss Universe...) I am certainly no pageant expert, but I think they got it all wrong.

2. I need the east coast to calm down. Buffalo got like 3-6 feet of snow last November. THAT'S a "storm of the century." 2 feet is most definitely not. Not that 2 feet isn't a lot - I know that it's enough to snow you in for a day or so. But it is most definitely *not* storm of the century material.
In case you don't know what 3-6 feet of snow looks like, here:
These Are The Pictures From Last Night's Snowstorm in Buffalo, NY And They're INSANE | Diply

1. Miss Jamaica was robbed. I don't even understand - she is EVERYTHING. (except miss Universe...) I am certainly no pageant expert, but I think they hot it all wrong.

2. I need the east coast to calm down. Buffalo got like 3-6 feet of snow last November. THAT'S a "storm of the century." 2 feet is most definitely not. Not that 2 feet isn't a lot - I know that it's enough to snow you in for a day or so. But it is most definitely *not* storm of the century material.
lolol I agree with both. I didn't even watch Miss Universe but from what I saw on twitter there wasn't a single person who thought anyone but Miss Jamaica should have won.
And Lordy you would think us New Englanders could handle a snowstorm. I had to run to CVS to get sinus medicine and cough drops because I felt like dirt and the CVS is located in a grocery store plaza. There was a line of cars to get in to the parking lot and you couldn't get a parking space - and the parking lot is huge. It's snow. It will be over by Wednesday at the latest. I'm pretty sure we can get by with what is in my freezer and pantry - and if not, well, the Worlds diet starts early and I have wine.

1. Miss Jamaica was robbed. I don't even understand - she is EVERYTHING. (except Miss Universe...) I am certainly no pageant expert, but I think they got it all wrong.

These Are The Pictures From Last Night's Snowstorm in Buffalo, NY And They're INSANE | Diply

I mean, they obviously mean the storm of the century for the region, not the country. And the century so far is only 15 years in :p

But yeah, we went grocery shopping yesterday because we usually do on Sundays and had no food and the place was a zoo. Usually I like going to this supermarket because everyone else goes to some other ones, so I was shocked to see it so busy. The news/weather people are all freaking out about power outages and emergency prep and it's a little ridiculous. I'm sure it won't be any worse than the blizzard we had two years ago where they cancelled a cheer comp in Hartford. We'll be out of work for one, maybe two days and we'll be fine.

This is my last week of work, so while tomorrow should be a "work from home" day, I don't really have work to do. So I think it's pretty hilarious.

Girl preach. I am silently laughing at all the people in my area at all this hype. Snowmageddon? Please. My job is officially closed tomorrow. I don't think I ever remembered a day where my parents did not have to go to work even when the weather was worse than this. Life just goes on in Upstate NY. Life apparently is put on hold here. I am so amused by this.

I remember one year, the Watertown/Snow belt area got like a ridiculous amount of snow in a week. Like 8-10ft in 4ish days. People's roofs were caving in, they had no place to put the extra snow even if they wanted to plow. It looked like buffalo. Yet my teammates from the area still made it to practice on time those days.

@Just-a-Mom keep in mind the bigger cities on the coast out here have no place to remove the snow to when it comes down that quick. The buffalo storm was insane. I had a friend working to transport aid workers on snowmobiles and said they were riding over cars because you couldn't see them.

**Keep it classy or you'll be known for the wrong reasons**

Girl preach. I am silently laughing at all the people in my area at all this hype. Snowmageddon? Please. My job is officially closed tomorrow. I don't think I ever remembered a day where my parents did not have to go to work even when the weather was worse than this. Life just goes on in Upstate NY. Life apparently is put on hold here. I am so amused by this.

I remember one year, the Watertown/Snow belt area got like a ridiculous amount of snow in a week. Like 8-10ft in 4ish days. People's roofs were caving in, they had no place to put the extra snow even if they wanted to plow. It looked like buffalo. Yet my teammates from the area still made it to practice on time those days.

Yeah but you guys probably all had 4 wheel drive. I don't, I don't even have snow tires. I've never really needed them. We have a plow guy that does our driveway (4 townhouses, that's what our HOA fee pays for) but I'll still have to shovel out my car and I have no idea where I'm going to put the snow. We don't have any grass. Our driveway isn't that big to begin with, I park right along the fence.

I guarantee the T will be shut down tomorrow.

@Just-a-Mom keep in mind the bigger cities on the coast out here have no place to remove the snow to when it comes down that quick.

Neither does anyone else. We're not on the coast and we also didn't have anywhere to put 2 feet of snow when we got it 3 years ago (4?). I very specifically said 2 feet of snow was a lot. It's still not the storm of the century. I mean, even for the region, really. Maybe storm of the year. But even the east coast region has had storms like this in the last 10 years.

As I said - I'm not saying it's not a lot of snow. I'm saying it's not that crazy to get a lot of snow... in January... In the northern US. Buy your milk and bread and sit tight, you'll be fine.

It is also the fact that some of the biggest cities in the country are going to get clobbbered. Snow removal in NYC and Boston is an expensive and logistical headache. They are also expecting huge power outages due to trees coming down. We have been thru this before. It is the combination of too many people and too much snow, that has everyone worried.

Neither does anyone else. We're not on the coast and we also didn't have anywhere to put 2 feet of snow when we got it 3 years ago (4?). I very specifically said 2 feet of snow was a lot. It's still not the storm of the century. I mean, even for the region, really. Maybe storm of the year. But even the east coast region has had storms like this in the last 10 years.

As I said - I'm not saying it's not a lot of snow. I'm saying it's not that crazy to get a lot of snow... in January... In the northern US. Buy your milk and bread and sit tight, you'll be fine.

For what it's worth, I heard on the radio that this could very easily be a top 10 storm for the region, possibly a top 5. I don't know who's calling it the storm of the century.

But I think the main issue is the blizzard/wind/white out conditions with no visibility on the roads, not just the fact that it's a lot of snow.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I heard on the radio that this could very easily be a top 10 storm for the region, possibly a top 5. I don't know who's calling it the storm of the century.

NYC is expected to get the heaviest snowfall on record, so we have been hearing superlatives because of that. The fact that it is expected to be a dry powdery snow that will drift isn't helping matters.

The MA coast is expecting storm surges up to 4 feet with intense winds...that is not good either.

It is going to be an interesting one and probably one for the books, but I do agree/ hope that it is not the storm of the century :)

Hopefully I will never see a storm that will take that title from Sandy.

Back