OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Well, we do have the best....actually, NYC bagels and pizza are better. Much better water.
I am not a native Long Islander and have exit plans already in place. :p

I *hopefully* will be doing my clinical rotations in long island in 2016!! not that I actually want to live there for a year, but my alternatives are stay where I am, go to rochester, go to buffalo, or levittown. get me as close to NJ as humanly possible!

i'd argue that NJ has better pizza and bagels, but it's close. I think the only reason I was able to go gluten free is because I moved. there is too much temptation in NJ. who cares about my immune system and intestines?! it's that good.

No, not really, but then again learning about the Revolutionary War is pretty much Massachusetts history, so I guess we don't need it.

My favorite Barstool Sports shirt of all time:
masstshirt-480x480.jpg

We didn't have any specific "Maine history" class growing up in my school (jealous of @12mowerd's school, that actually sounds like a cool class) but I remember in elementary school/middle school we'd have random units about Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poetry (then we'd go visit his house in Portland) and how Joshua Chamberlain was a total baller (for lack of a better word) during the Battle of Gettysburg.

I mean, it's Maine. There was once a "war" there between our northernmost county and Canada that resulted in 38 non-combat deaths and zero combat deaths. One man may have been killed by a horse.

GUYS. I just got an email saying my application was accepted and I'm eligible to tryout for UCA staff!!! At first I was so confused because I completely forgot I sent the app it was so long ago! I'm having so many emotions, I already have a summer job but this changes so much. As many of you know I want to work for varsity eventually so this is such a great opportunity. Ahhhh I don't even know what to feel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GUYS. I just got an email saying my application was accepted and I'm eligible to tryout for UCA staff!!! At first I was so confused because I completely forgot I sent the app it was so long ago! I'm having so many emotions, I already have a summer job but this changes so much. As many of you know I want to work for varsity eventually so this is such a great opportunity. Ahhhh I don't even know what to feel!!

Last year was my rookie year and I can tell you it's the best job I could have ever asked for!! I'm looking forward to this summer already! You meet all sorts of people (I got to work with the Buege triplets!), get to travel, and get PAID to cheer! Good luck at tryouts and PM me if you have any questions!

Last year was my rookie year and I can tell you it's the best job I could have ever asked for!! I'm looking forward to this summer already! You meet all sorts of people (I got to work with the Buege triplets!), get to travel, and get PAID to cheer! Good luck at tryouts and PM me if you have any questions!
Thanks so much!! I'm really looking forward to it!

:) can't wait to see you again this summer

:shimmy:

For the UCA staffers, I'm contemplating applying to tryout for UCA staff for the summer after my senior year (I'm a junior now). I won't turn 18 till the end of that summer, so do you have to be at least 18 to be on staff?

For the UCA staffers, I'm contemplating applying to tryout for UCA staff for the summer after my senior year (I'm a junior now). I won't turn 18 till the end of that summer, so do you have to be at least 18 to be on staff?

Yes you need to be 18 to be on staff

TMI puppy question lol.. so if the puppy is pooping more times per day than he's eating, does that mean i'm feeding him too much? some random person had told me a dog shouldn't have more BMs than meals. He previously had a free for all with food at the breeder's house. now I have him on three meals per day which is necessary to keep his blood sugar up since he's only 8 wks but I could lessen the amount of food. it just seems like so little!

dog people - is there any accuracy to that statement?

In Elem School they do a unit on Florida History and the 4th graders take a field trip to St. Augustine, Florida for the day. They visit the Fort there and the Oldest School House, and get a History lesson about Florida and Ponce de Leon. I went on the field trip many years ago :)
Still so weird people make field trips to somewhere 20 minutes from my parents place :p

Back