OT New Random Thread Pt. 3

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
TMI puppy question lol.. so if the puppy is pooping more times per day than he's eating, does that mean i'm feeding him too much? some random person had told me a dog shouldn't have more BMs than meals. He previously had a free for all with food at the breeder's house. now I have him on three meals per day which is necessary to keep his blood sugar up since he's only 8 wks but I could lessen the amount of food. it just seems like so little!

dog people - is there any accuracy to that statement?
I haven't had a puppy in a while, but if I remember correctly when I did she pooped multiple times a day. And you're right - you need to feed multiple times a day, so I think all is well with the Pup!

GUYS. I just got an email saying my application was accepted and I'm eligible to tryout for UCA staff!!! At first I was so confused because I completely forgot I sent the app it was so long ago! I'm having so many emotions, I already have a summer job but this changes so much. As many of you know I want to work for varsity eventually so this is such a great opportunity. Ahhhh I don't even know what to feel!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good luck! How long until the tryout? And after that when do you find out? I tried out with a video for NCA staff so now I'm just waiting...

Good luck! How long until the tryout? And after that when do you find out? I tried out with a video for NCA staff so now I'm just waiting...

You should be finding out in the next month, maybe two at the most!!! Good luck [emoji1]

I wanna say my roommate found out about NCA like middle of February?

So I have a question for sideline cheerleaders. Say that your team is "fouling" every trip down the court, yet on the other end, there have been absolutely no calls made against the other team (I would like to point out that this situation is not hypothetical; this was the biggest problem with our game tonight). How do you stay calm and not about to yell at the ref every time he comes within 5 feet of you? This is my first year not playing basketball, so I get really into games and sometimes I get a bad mouth :oops: and I don't know what to do about it. Obviously, being a school cheerleader, I'm a role model for younger students, so I can't just yell about how awful the refs are, especially on the sideline. Going off of that, how do you keep up the energy when the gym is absolutely dead and your team is down by 40 (also not hypothetical)? I have a hard time staying upbeat and positive through the end of games like that, and it's tough to even try to keep the crowd going, especially considering how stubborn our crowd is
ETA: I know the obvious answer is to pay more attention, and try to control it, but it's difficult when I get so into games

GUYS. I just got an email saying my application was accepted and I'm eligible to tryout for UCA staff!!! At first I was so confused because I completely forgot I sent the app it was so long ago! I'm having so many emotions, I already have a summer job but this changes so much. As many of you know I want to work for varsity eventually so this is such a great opportunity. Ahhhh I don't even know what to feel!!

That is so exciting! Good luck!

So I have a question for sideline cheerleaders. Say that your team is "fouling" every trip down the court, yet on the other end, there have been absolutely no calls made against the other team (I would like to point out that this situation is not hypothetical; this was the biggest problem with our game tonight). How do you stay calm and not about to yell at the ref every time he comes within 5 feet of you? This is my first year not playing basketball, so I get really into games and sometimes I get a bad mouth :oops: and I don't know what to do about it. Obviously, being a school cheerleader, I'm a role model for younger students, so I can't just yell about how awful the refs are, especially on the sideline. Going off of that, how do you keep up the energy when the gym is absolutely dead and your team is down by 40 (also not hypothetical)? I have a hard time staying upbeat and positive through the end of games like that, and it's tough to even try to keep the crowd going, especially considering how stubborn our crowd is
ETA: I know the obvious answer is to pay more attention, and try to control it, but it's difficult when I get so into games
Simple, use self control but you already knew that. Your outbursts could cause more problems so the bottom line is if you cannot contain yourself then remain a spectator from the bleachers.

**Aaaaaaand what little troll told you that rumor?**

SOO does anyone have/ remember the CEA (I think it was CEA) flyer flexibility sheet that had all of the conditioning stretches? I coach a flyer flex class and I really wanted to use it for the last few months and I can't find it anywhere. :(

As a former college cheerleader who was VERY into our basketball team, I understand. However, there's nothing worse than a foul mouthed or sour puss cheerleader during bad games. If you decide to cheer in college, that stuff doesn't fly on national TV.

Channel your frustration into positive energy. Do positive chatters instead of angry remarks -- "Come on (SCHOOL)!" "Let's go (MASCOT)!" "Here we go!" Use your peppiest voice and put a smile on your face. Clap and shake your poms. I assume that as a basketball player. you would have gotten T'd if you'd yelled at the ref, so you had to have some control. Dig into that control.

My other tip is to focus more on your cheering than the game. Volunteer to start cheers and chants, check the clock to see how often you're starting them, and be on top which cheers you do. Keep your mind in "cheer form" and not "basketball form."

Back